Cate's Diary

We went into town yesterday & did a few things, but other than that it was a bit of a lazy day again. We were both quite tired after our trip to L the day before.
During the afternoon I got a call from my cardio(not his receptionist). After I had left apparently he thought some more about the results of my CT scan. He contacted a vascular surgeon & asked her advice & she agreed that it would be a good idea to see me soon, rather than wait until symptoms develop. I am so impressed with this guy's care & count myself very fortunate that he is a part of my health team. Apparently, she will contact me to make an appointment. I looked up the surgeon & she is very well-credentialed.
I then got another call from one of the golfing women, (not one of my favourites), to let me know that G had died the night before. I was so grateful that she let me know. They were very close. She thought that G's son had probably already let me know but wanted to make sure that I knew, which was very kind of her. She may not be able to go to the funeral as her husband has covid. G is the one who forgot to ring me back last week & remembered hours later. I thought that seemed really strange. "I'll ring you in 3 minutes" was so precise, but when it was more like 3 hours I did wonder that perhaps cancer had also gone into her brain. I really loved this woman. She was what you would call salt of the earth- a no-nonsense person. I must ring the other G. She'll be devastated. I haven't quite got the strength to do that yet.

I am so sorry for your loss, dear Cate. :grouphug: I wish I could do more.

I'm glad your treatment team is up to the task and active in your care. I hope everything will go well.

:grouphug: That's so sad about G but at least the end came quickly.

Your cardiologist really is a gem, and I'm going to assume any colleague recommended by him would be a great choice.

I am so sorry for your loss, dear Cate. :grouphug: I wish I could do more.
Thank you so much, Floater. That hug is what counts & there's no need to do any more.
I'm glad your treatment team is up to the task and active in your care. I hope everything will go well.
Me too! It's much better than waiting for something to go drastically wrong before I see someone.
:grouphug: That's so sad about G but at least the end came quickly.
Thanks, LaMa. I'm glad she died at home, rather than in hospital. She lived her life as she wanted to, even playing golf the week before.
Your cardiologist really is a gem, and I'm going to assume any colleague recommended by him would be a great choice.
He really is. The vascular surgeon looks very good. She has come from Sydney & luckily for us fell in love with a Tasmanian.

I had a very nervous unsettled day yesterday. R was needing to vent (he no longer has a GF) & we both had a bit of a vent about his brother. I dived into another Rebus book afterwards. Arch got 2 walks. I did some housework.
We're off for another medical appointment- knee this time :svengo:

Everything went well this morning & we were home by 12.15. That's my 6th medical appointment this month. I think I may have seen the head sherang in the ortho Dep't. He checked out my knee & both my feet fairly thoroughly & asked me what I thought my highest priority was. When I said my right foot as my knee seems to have settled down again, he agreed. I'm now officially on a waiting list to have my bunion & hammertoe fixed. While I had been waiting I heard him getting such a hard time from a woman who was quite aggressive & pushy. He managed really well.
The hospital is under so much pressure & someone died of covid in the last 24 hours. I really admire our health workers & have nothing but gratitude for them.
R is arriving tonight for a few nights. He is having some dental work done & G & I will take him there as he's having extractions. We'll walk the dogs & maybe have lunch beforehand with R.
I haven't heard from the vascular surgeon yet. I'm not in any great hurry.

You're ticking off those medical appointments so quickly! Foot issues suck and I hope you won't have to wait for surgery too long. Always nicest to get these things done in the colder time of year.

There’s about a 2 year waiting list, LaMa I’m afraid, but I’m ok with it. There are many much worse off than me.
Things are a bit chaotic with R here, so I won’t be in here much. He’s gone looking for his phone, which he left on top of his car last night & drove off. Luckily it wasn’t expensive.

There’s about a 2 year waiting list, LaMa I’m afraid, but I’m ok with it. There are many much worse off than me.
Things are a bit chaotic with R here, so I won’t be in here much. He’s gone looking for his phone, which he left on top of his car last night & drove off. Luckily it wasn’t expensive.

It is easy to do, my husband done the same thing with his phone a while back, it fell off and he drove over it, luckily it had a protective case and was mostly ok.

2 years is not a bad wait time considering how long the wait times are for some conditions.

2 years?! That's super long here. 6 months is perfectly normal though. May time fly in the meantime.

It is easy to do, my husband done the same thing with his phone a while back, it fell off and he drove over it, luckily it had a protective case and was mostly ok.
I did it once with my wallet & notes were flying everywhere!
2 years is not a bad wait time considering how long the wait times are for some conditions.
I can cope with it as I am not in pain but it will be good to get it done so I will be able to wear different shoes- maybe even sandals.
2 years?! That's super long here. 6 months is perfectly normal though. May time fly in the meantime.
It is LaMa. I'm not so bothered. I feel for the people who are in constant pain.

R is up so I can't concentrate any more. I'm very tired today.

G has gone to golf, R has headed back home & all is quiet *sigh*
G’s pool team won their GF last night & I didn’t drink & drove G, R & another player home. I am so tired today, but have done the dishes, have a load of bedding in the wash & I foresee a very lazy, quiet day, with a nap in there somewhere 😴💤

Thanks, Marsia. I read your post in the waiting room & the outcome was that we bought sushi & sat in a lovely park (a village green) on the way home at a picnic table & ate it. We had a nice day, including visiting L, G's sister & having a look at her new place along the way. Our area has lots of English trees so we'll have lots of autumn colours soon, including on the river walk.
Glad my suggestion came in handy, and that you had a nice little picnic! I love fall colors, so much. Where we're moving, it's quite a long drive to the mountains, but will be a spectacular drive in the fall with the colors changing. I've never heard of a bloke-y day, but know what you mean by those - not my thing at all either!

Your cardiologist does sound wonderful. I'm so glad you are having that artery looked at, and your foot fixed. I only go to the doctor if I absolutely must so I don't know much about the doctor's office, but 2 years sounds incredibly long. So glad it isn't urgent!

Hope R's teeth extraction goes well and that your eye feels better with normal eye drops. I drove my mom all over the place the last few years to various doctors and physical therapists and such. I could not believe how much time and energy that took! You are doing amazing getting through all those back to back appointments!!

G has gone to golf, R has headed back home & all is quiet *sigh*
G’s pool team won their GF last night & I didn’t drink & drove G, R & another player home. I am so tired today, but have done the dishes, have a load of bedding in the wash & I foresee a very lazy, quiet day, with a nap in there somewhere 😴💤
I hope you get lots of rest and put some happy music on or something nice today!!

G’s pool team won their GF last night & I didn’t drink & drove G, R & another player home.
Gluten free, girlfriend, grandfather... Grand finale? If yes: congratulations to G!
I am so tired today, but have done the dishes, have a load of bedding in the wash & I foresee a very lazy, quiet day, with a nap in there somewhere 😴💤
Enjoy your quiet day: it sounds well-earned. I just woke up 5 hours after going to bed so I think a nap may be in my future as well.

Thanks, Marsia & LaMa. I think I have slept most of the day, but I still feel really tired. I just kept falling asleep. Our house is so quiet again.
It was the grand final, LaMa. G is home from golf now & already snoozing. He has been driving me everywhere the last couple of months & playing golf at least once, sometimes twice a week.

Glad you are catching up on sleep. Hope you have a lovely weekend!
Thanks, M. I kept falling asleep during the evening as well & then slept from 11-7, which was really 10-7 as we have switched back from daylight saving. That should be me caught up well & truly!
I’ve been away from the site and am just catching up.

condolences on the loss of G Cate.
Thanks, Skurgeon. I have been in two minds about going back to playing golf with the women, but G was one of only a few I really loved so it will sway me back away from rejoining. Her memorial service is at the club next Wednesday at 3 pm. I'll make a couple of calls to see who is doing the catering & if we can bring anything & to connect with a couple of her really close friends.

We are having a cold snap & our fire is going. Daylight savings has ended at just the right time. I really must get myself some wet weather gear. I wonder how many times I have said that in here. Waterproof overpants, matching rain jacket & waterproof hiking shoes. A must!

You know I don’t think I’ve mentioned it but i am an avid golfer.

when I bought my golf rain suit my girlfriend at the time was angry (because I spent a lot of time on the course already.)

Her: “You bought that just so you play golf in the rain.”

Me: “No, I bought it so I don’t get wet when I play golf in the rain. There’s a difference.”

That is so funny! There's a big difference. :ROFLMAO:
I gave away my waterproof overpants as someone needed them & I couldn't envision playing golf in the rain but didn't factor in getting a little dog who wants to walk regardless of the weather. The ones I had weren't super comfortable. I do love golf, but don't like the dynamics of the local women's playing group. I'll go & have a hit sometime & see how I feel after getting the ok from the ortho. G can be home with our dog now as he plays golf on a different day.

Back