Cate's Diary

I'm headed for another medical appointment this morning, but this time it's just in our local town. I'll tell her all about my outcomes. She is totally unaware of most.
I can't concentrate as G is yaffling. I'll be back later. I'm leaving Arch home with G so will be able to do some wandering.

Hope everything went well!

It did, thanks Marsia. I basically was bringing her up to speed with all of my appointments. I’m booked in to have a flu jab in a couple of weeks & we’re both due for our 4th COVID jab next month.

Thanks, LaMa & Em.
I'm not sure what I'll do today. G is off to golf again & I won't go anywhere as I did yesterday & my friend G's memorial service is tomorrow. I might just do housework & some gardening.
BF was oats soaked overnight with fruit, seeds & yoghurt on top.

Thanks, M. I have felt a little out of sorts today & that's probably to do with G's death & the memorial service coming up tomorrow. I did some general housework, some gardening, polished off another book, walked Arch, ironed, made up the spare bed, did more tidying & am back here again.
I'm glad we're going away for the weekend. We're taking Arch with us this time & G is happy for us to do our own thing. His best friend, A (well, second best friend) is in hospital & has had another operation so won't be there. Another of his friends has just died. We must enjoy our lives as best we can. So many of the friends we had when we first started going out together have died in the last 10 years. I just suggested to G that he ring A & he's on the phone now. He always needs a nudge.

Thanks, LaMa. Tomorrow is going to be more emotional than most funerals I have been to for quite a while. I feel there's a sisterhood with some of these women, which would be the only reason I would go back there. G was a very feisty, strong, no-nonsense, no BS woman, the kind I love & admire.

Thanks, Vic. Her death will be much worse for a few of her golfing friends who have known her for decades. Many of them are widows too & had a very close bond. It will be especially sad for them xo

I feel good this morning after a night spent in our spare queen-sized bed. G was snoring his head off so I decided to sleep elsewhere. I had just made the spare bed up with fresh sheets dried outside & it was lovely. I think I only woke once & it was light. I can see why some of my friends sleep in separate beds, but it would feel like a loss to me.

My boyfriend and I will sometimes sleep in separate bed before a trip or an event to ensure we both get a good sleep and are ready for the day. Of course most of our problem stems from the fact that 3 dogs sleep with us. Not a big issue in his King sized bed, but in my queen well, it can be cramped. His two are only 30 lbs each and will often sleep at the foot. but Otis is 60 lbs and is a cuddler

Thanks, LaMa, Ann & Tru :grouphug:
The memorial service was simple, informal & was actually quite nice. I felt that there was a lot of love in the room. G was really well respected & loved. She was one of the most honest, straight up & outspoken women I have known. The emotion I felt mostly was shock. It's hard to imagine this group of women without G. I was asked so many times, very genuinely, to come back & was told that I was missed badly. I know that the ones that said this to me (at least 6) really meant it. I did feel a sisterhood & a whole lot of love. I need to learn not to let the odd few that I do not like (well mainly I think they don't like me) affect me. I really want to stay a part of this sisterhood. Being a hermit is just not good for me.
After this weekend I will get stuck back into losing weight. I have held at 6.5 kg down, but need to knuckle down again to shift some more weight before going to Q'Land in June.

Sounds like a lovely send-off for your friend. Death is awful. I'm happy for you that you felt a synergy with the people there.

Back