bluehats diary

Foods-
Scrambled eggs
Canned alphagetties

Exercise-
None. Legs and feet swollen significantly and hurt.

Weight-
On Monday

Foods-
3 cups canned pea soup
1 cup bran flakes soaked in
1 cup vanilla soy milk
5 cups total
(Each cup was averaged out with many different foods to equal 280 calories - in the book I'm using- so even though I didn't have any lower calorie vegetable cups I know the 5 work out to be less than the 1400 total because at least 3 were only 170 calories and I'm almost sure the other 2 were less too.)
Besides all that I feel it's too much to get each cup to be 280 calories. It's too much counting and figuring. Too much stress and obsessing. Just going to hope.

Exercise-
None and likely not til fall again as every warm season my feet and legs swell. Except for last summer for whatever reason, I think it was last summer anyway. I'm not sure why.

Weight-
On Monday

And I know that adding in some veggies would be healthy but I have a weird aversion to pureed foods unless it commonly comes that way such as pudding or applesauce.
So I don't know how to make the veggies soft enough. I tried baking some broccoli and the recipe said it would come out soft and I did everything it said but it was still hard.
My favorite veggies are cauliflower and green garden peas. But idk how to make them soft enough. I can't tolerate the looks of a pile of pureed peas. It's just a pile of green mush.

Cauliflower and broccoli should go soft if you boil or steam them a little longer than currently fashionable. Depending how large you cut them it'll take longer or shorter, of course. Are canned peas soft enough for you without pureeing?

Cauliflower and broccoli should go soft if you boil or steam them a little longer than currently fashionable. Depending how large you cut them it'll take longer or shorter, of course. Are canned peas soft enough for you without pureeing?
Not really but I need the fibre. They seem to be a cheap higher fibre vegetable. So what I've been doing is eating a popsicle after I have some.

I quite like red lentil stew and white bean dip. Both reasonably high in fiber and both are "supposed to" be very soft. You can hide onions in them for extra veg as well.

Pretty hopeless feeling that I won't win this keeping the lost weight off.
When my only choices are sleep, eat,
and breathe there isn't any difference what I weigh when it wasn't helpful losing anyway.
I wake up, get up, fight off the hunger til noon, eat and sit and eat again then sit and wait for bedtime.
Outings are for medical or food shopping reasons.
That's it.
What do I need to lose weight for?
Don't anyone tell me for better health because that has not happened.
I can't do this stupid weight struggle anymore.

Blue, I won't tell you to do anything at all. I hope that you don't give up on looking after yourself though as I think you deserve that. I admire how much you have persevered against everything that has been thrown your way. Sending you a hug (on my birthday) :grouphug:

Made a s/c meatloaf but it wasn't soft enough. Won't be having anything else today. Kidney stones hurt again today with nausea. And I fell earlier and my whole right side of my body hurts.
Not sure what to put in the meatloaf tomorrow when I reheat it?
Crush it and stir mayo. in it?

Letting it cool down covered and reheating it covered at well should at least soften the outside. Mashing anything up with mayo would probably soften it but since mayo is almost pure fat it would also up the calories by a scary amount. Maybe you could soak some in soup?

I've come to believe that there is only 1 way for people not to gain weight and/or lose weight. And that's eat very little.
Food choices, age, and activity have nothing to do with weight. Been there done that. I really believe people when they say they aren't eating alot but don't lose weight or still gain. There are a lot of anorexic obese people. Meaning they are obese but eat like an anorexic.

Weight -
246.2 lbs
2 cups s/c food
2 cups of the same again

Back