So easy to make. You can serve it as the main meal with a salad and bread, or as a side dish too!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 pounds zucchini, peeled and cut into 1 inch thick slices
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup uncooked white rice
- 1/2 cup water
- Heat oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Add onion, and cook and stir for 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, zucchini, and green pepper. Stir. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in rice and water. Cover, and cook over low heat for 20 minutes.