A simple whole wheat pan cake with a twist of berry !
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup soymilk (i use vanilla)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 10 blueberries
- 2 medium strawberries, sliced
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, sugar, and spices in a bowl.
- Add soymilk, to flour mixture and mix just until well blended, make sure there arn't really big clumps, small ones are okay.
- Using a skillet sprayed with cooking spray, and heated on low heat, pour about 1/4 cup of the batter onto the hot sureface. More for bigger pancakes, smaller for smaller. Press in your fruit. Cook until bubbles appear and pop on the surface and undersides are golden, about 3-4 minutes.
- Flip pancake, and turn heat off and let pancakes continue to cook until undersides are firm and light golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a paper towl lined plate and keep warm.
- Respray pan and repeat to cook remaining, remember to always respray between batches, or pancakes will stick.