Healthy, guilt-free chili.
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion or 2 med, chopped
- 4 chicken breast halves, boneless, skinless cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 Tsp ground cumin
- 2 Tsp chili powder
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 cans (14.5-oz size) white kidney or cannelloni beans, drained (save ½ cup drained liquid) and rinsed
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 Tsp canned chipolte chili, seeded and minced
- ½ cup nonfat half-and-half
- Garnishes: Shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese, chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- In large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Sautee onions till translucent, then push to one side
- Add the chicken, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper. Cook for 5 mins.
- Increase the heat to med-high heat then add 2 cans of the beans, the saved liquid, 1 cup of the broth and the chipotle chili.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 10-12 mins.
- In the meantime, combine remaining can of beans and 1 cup of broth in food processor and puree until smooth. Add to soup.
- Add half-and-half and simmer for 2 more minutes, constantly stirring.
- Serve hot and garnish with the cheese and cilantro