These muffins are great for a quick breakfast, or a light snack.
- 1 1/4 cups bran cereal
- 1 1/3 cups low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp grated orange rind
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup liquid honey
- 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- dash of salt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray muffin tins with cooking spray. Combine cereal and yogurt; let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir in egg, orange rind, orange juice, honey and margarine with cereal mix.
- In a seperate bowl, mix all remaining ingredients except cranberries.
- Stir cereal mixture into dry mixture.
- Add cranberries and stir.
- Fill greased muffin cups with mix.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Cool on rack and enjoy!