Crisp and cool, hot and spicy all at once!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small sweet red pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 3 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 12 large Boston lettuce leaves, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 bunch each mint and cilantro, leaves picked, rinsed and dried
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Crumble in beef and cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Add sweet pepper, scallion, ginger, garlic, pepper flakes and sugar. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off heat; stir in the soy sauce and sesame oil.
- To serve, put lettuce, cucumber, mint and cilantro on a platter. Place 1/4 cup beef mixture in a piece of lettuce, top with some cucumber, mint and cilantro. Squeeze some lime on top and roll up.