An excellent recipe for moist and succulent grilled prawns!
- 48 large tiger prawns, peeled and deveined
- 4 limes, zested and juiced
- 4 green chile peppers, seeded and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 (2 inch) piece fresh ginger root, chopped
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- Place the prawns and lime zest in a large, non-metallic bowl. Place the lime juice, chile pepper, garlic, ginger, and onion in a food processor or blender, and process until smooth. You may need to add a little oil to facilitate blending. Pour over the bowl of prawns, and stir to coat. Cover, and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat. Thread prawns onto skewers, piercing each first through the tail, and then the head.
- Brush grill grate with oil. Cook prawns for 5 minutes, turning once, or until opaque.