Very delectable and enticing dish u can serve on dinner parties!
- 2 large Bosc pears
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or dried mixed fruit (such as Sun-Maid Fruit Bits)
- 1/4 cup low-fat granola
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup vanilla low-fat frozen yogurt, divided into 4 small scoops
- Peel pears; cut in half lengthwise. Use a melon baller or grapefruit spoon to remove core and seeds, creating a hollow.
- Place pear halves, with cut sides up, in a glass pie plate. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over pears.
- Combine cranberries and granola; mound into hollows of the pear halves. Pour the apple juice in and around pear halves. Cover dish loosely with wax paper.
- Cook in microwave on HIGH 6-8 minutes or until the pears are tender when pierced with a knife. Let stand in the dish 5 minutes. Use a large slotted spoon to transfer the pears to serving plates.
- Drizzle juices from pie plate over pears and serve with frozen yogurt