This is a great turkey recipe that has low sodium, and is high in protein!
- 8.8 pound Turkey (without giblets and neck)
- 1 Tbsp Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/4 c Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 2 Tsp ground Sage
- 1 Tbsp Dried Basil
- 1 Tbsp cracked Black Pepper
- Thaw turkey and rinse thoroughly.
- Mix flour in turkey bag.
- Mix oil, and all spices together in a mixing bowl.
- Brush on breast side of turkey.
- Place turkey in roasting bag, breast side down.
- Brush spice mix on back, and in creases.
- Refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- Roast in 325* oven for 2 hours.
- Turn turkey breast side up, and brush on remaining marinade.
- Bake for an additional 30 minutes.
- Cool, cut, and serve.