Enjoy a cake without the guilt!
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 2 cup flour
- 2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup pureed figs or prunes (baby food jars)
- 2 cup peeled and grated carrots
- 1 can (8 oz) crushed pineapple (reserve juice)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup powdered sugar, for glaze
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a small mixing bowl, lightly beat together eggs and egg whites. Into a separate large mixing bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Stir in the egg mixture into flour mixture.
- Add pureed figs, beaten eggs, carrots, pineapple, raisins, and nuts. Stir until blended.
- Turn mixture into a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan that has been sprayed with nonstick vegetable spray. Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes.
- While cake cools, blend powdered sugar with 2 tablespoons of reserved pineapple juice. Drizzle over cake