eggplant with a couple of slices of tomato and some torn basil on top. Sprinkle with combined cheeses.
- 2 large eggplants, cut into 2cm-thick rounds
- 600g store-bought Napolitana pasta sauce
- 2-3 vine-ripened tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons torn basil leaves
- 1/3 cup (25g) grated Parmesan
- 3/4 cup (35g) grated low-fat mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Place eggplant rounds on paper towel. Sprinkle with salt and stand for 5 minutes. Rinse and pat dry with paper towel.
- Spray a non-stick frying pan with oil spray. Cook eggplant in batches over medium-high heat for 2 minutes on each side. Remove, set aside and continue cooking remaining eggplant.
- Spread pasta sauce over a large baking dish lined with baking paper. Lay eggplant over sauce. Top each round of eggplant with a couple of slices of tomato and some torn basil. Sprinkle with combined cheeses.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is golden and eggplant is soft. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with crusty bread.