Here is a low-fat tasty way to make chicken that is sure to please the taste buds and satisfy your hunger. The best part however is that it is quick and easy to prepare.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, (about 4 ounces each), cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Begin by placing olive oil and onion in a non-stick skillet, using medium heat, cook the onion until tender. Then add the garlic and continue cooking for another minute.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Place the chicken in the skillet and increase heat to medium-high, sauté the chicken until it is golden brown.
- Add chicken broth and stir with wooden spoon. Continue cooking until the broth is reduced to half.
- Stir in the mustard and serve. Makes 4 servings.
- (serving suggestions: serve with rice pilaf and sautéed asparagus with a salad on the side)