A low fat chicken recipe that can be the star of your dinner party!
- 4 (4-oz) chicken breasts, skinned and boneless
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 nonstick vegetable spray
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 (28-oz) can crushed tomatoes with puree
- 1 tsp dried basil leaves, crushed
- 1 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Pound each chicken breast between plastic wrap or waxed paper with flat side of mallet to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Coat a 10-inch skillet with nonstick vegetable spray. Heat olive oil over medium heat.
- When hot, add chicken and cook for 5 minutes until light brown.
- Add tomatoes, remaining 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, basil, parsley, and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 20 minutes