Yummy, crunchy and very healthy snacks even kids will indulge!
- 2 lb. small whole carrots with tops
- 4 6-inch sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/3 cup wild grape port jelly
- Trim and peel or scrub carrots, leaving about 1 1/2-inch of carrot tops, if present. Halve any thick carrots lengthwise. Place in a 4-quart Dutch oven along with the rosemary sprigs. Add lightly salted water to cover. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Drain in a colander; remove and discard rosemary sprigs (some rosemary leaves will remain). Add butter to Dutch oven; heat just until butter is melted. Return carrots to Dutch oven and toss to coat. Arrange carrots on serving platter. Top with some of the jelly. Pass remaining jelly.
- Test Kitchen Tip: To substitute for wild grape port jelly, in a small bowl whisk together 1/4 cup grape jelly and 1 tablespoon port, grape juice, or apple juice.