This is a great meal for breakfast that is super easy, and full of flavor.
- 2¼ cups water
- dash salt
- 1 cup rolled oats (not quick oats)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup raisins
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- add desired amount of soy milk, or skim milk and
- molasses or honey as a sweetener
- Combine water and salt in a small saucepan and put on high heat.
- When the water boils, turn the heat to low.
- Add oatmeal and stir until the water is just absorbed (about 5 minutes).
- Add cinnamon, raisins, walnuts, and stir.
- Cover the pan and turn off heat.
- Let set for 5 minutes and serve with milk and sweetener.