Light and satisfying that can be served with fresh bread!
- 6 large shrimp
- 1 large fresh artichoke
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups mixed baby spring greens
- In a small saucepan, bring about 1 1/2 cups water to a boil, then reduce the heat. Add the shrimp and simmer 7-10 minutes, or until the shrimp are pink. Drain the shrimp and set aside until cool enough to handle. Peel the shrimp, remove the veins, and rinse under cool water. Transfer to a small bowl, and drizzle each shrimp with 1 tablespoon of the Garlic-Chive Sauce. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Cut the stem from the artichoke and trim the pointed ends until the leaves are 1 inch to 1 1/4 inches long. Place the artichoke in a small saucepan with about 1 1/2 cups water and the lemon juice. Cover and simmer 20-30 minutes, or until the leaves move easily when pried with a fork. Remove the artichoke from the saucepan, open the middle, then remove the choke with a teaspoon or fork and discard. Place the artichoke on a small plate and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Arrange the greens on a plate, place the artichoke on the greens then place the shrimp in the crevices between the artichoke leaves. In a blender, whir the Garlic-Chive Sauce 10 seconds, then pour over the greens or pour into a small dipping bowl or pitcher to pass for individual servings. Serve immediately.