Thoughts on men wearing spandex / lycra running tights

As someone who used to do ballet and other dance I have worn the type of kit you describe. It is good for moving around in, but I find it is less practical when doing weights. Deadlifts etc. often mean the bar scrapes over my thights other exercises mean that there are weights rubbing on other areas. This leaves the delightful effect of laddered lycra.
Having done this once I will not do it again. Perfect as a physical form can be when there is a ladder on your thigh that rapidly spreads up your leg and fortunately for me finshed showning the section of my underwear beside not over my gentials. They went in the bin and I was straight onto baggy gear giving the same movement without the risk.
Cycling, there is no contest lycra all the way. Running prefer sash running shorts. For me it has to be practicality first.

Fabric material of compression shorts.

Hi to all again, :D !

I'm using a regular Nike Pro Combat 6" Compression Shorts for my jogs nowadays. It works great,no more chafing, :D ! It's cool too and dries(wicks out sweat)quite fast too.

Anyway,I'm interested in getting other kinds/makes of compression shorts. The Nike has a polyester(84%)/spandex(16%) fabric material.

I'd like to know how other type of fabric material works out/looks like(for a compression shorts)? You know,the pros and cons of them. Brand names recommendation,or even a photo or two would be GREAT, :D !
E.g. polyester(100%)
nylon(75%)/spandex(25%)
polyester(91%)/polyurethane(9%)

As I know,elastane is the SAME thing as spandex,yes?

Well,thanks in advance for all your comments/thoughts/opinions. Happy workout to all,BYE and GOD BLESS.

Hi to all again, :D !

I'm thinking of getting myself a pair of Under Armour compression shorts (regular type with 9-inch inseam; nylon/spandex blend).

I'd very much like to ask any of our folks here using this type? How does the nylon/spandex material blend compare to the polyester/spandex type,in terms of usage,comfort,durability,etc.?

I appreciate your comments/thoughts/opinions on this matter. Thank you very much,happy workout to all,BYE and GOD BLESS.

There is nothing wrong with men or women wearing Lycra in the gym. I'm a man and wear it on the bike and because I often bike, then run immediately I will wear my one-piece trisuit. In the gym...I'll regularly wear Lycra running tights or my trisuit or a unitard (keeps them up and belly tucked right) under a t-shirt. Never wear baggies unless I intend of including a pub in a run etc. no point.
Lycra is super comfortable, supportive, in restricting and sweat wicking. Be comfortable, not just fashion conscious. Most women may not find it attractive, but many don't care (the ones who are into sport/gym).

So te troll who started this thread can **** off because he's trying to make a statement, but Lycra is great and should not be shy'd away from.

Tight UA gear

Speedos are always good provided they fit properly ;)

Hi, I've read your posts of men in spandex. I do wear them when I ride my bike for fitness reasons. But certainly get a fair share of looks from women. I have a few flab on my gut but they are not hanging. From an unbias point of view I think I have an average looking body. All I want is for women not to freak out when I'm out there either riding my bike, running or even jumping to my vehicle wearing this after a workout. What do you think?

Attachments

• 31233_1414572359609_7772017_n.jpg
    31233_1414572359609_7772017_n.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 35,626
  • 530880_218306201630040_1498988172_n.jpg
    530880_218306201630040_1498988172_n.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 84,485
The reality is that lycra is a great product and there are definately times when there is no better alternative for activity, cycling being the main one I can think of.
Having your wares on display is something you get used to when in lycra, it's not a fashion statement for most of us, most of us have parts that won't look pretty in skintight gear and we dont' care. 'The bulge' issue is a classic here, regardless of how well any man is endowed a cold snap will make genitals seek shelter as close to internal as they can get so winter riding makes gender harder to discern, we still don't care.
There are many who care a lot about how they look when training, but for most of us this is not a big deal. Heavy weight training makes us look fit to explode, road cycling at pace means posture like the Hunchback of Notre Dame, mouth hanging lose and wrinkled eyes as your protect from rushing air. The bodies we build from these activities could make Adonis jealous but while training we are an ugly bunch regardless what we wear.

You look OK!

What do you think?

Hi,how do you do? Well,from your photos,you do look fine in your UA compression gear. I'm much fatter than you, :D ,so I WILL NOT look presentable in such set-up, :D !No way I could pull that look off! I wear a Nike Pro Combat compression shorts and a long,loose T-shirt that covers most of my crotch for my jogs. :D

Anyway,great looking UA again, :D ! Say,anyone using/familiar with the Skins A200 compression half-tights? I come to know about it recently and am interested in it,although it is more expensive than our Nike and Under Armour compression shorts.

Thanks to all and all the best.BYE and GOD BLESS!

I think the men who prefer lycra need to resist being oppressed over it! I'm in pretty good shape, and frequently wear lycra shorts when it's hot and full-length tights when it's chilly. There is an large community of walkers/runners/cyclists in my area and lycra is very common. Thankfully, nobody seems to care. Unfortunately it also tends to be common among morbidly obese women. My take is if some 300lb blob can lumber around the supermarket in lycra, why the heck can't fit men be left alone when they wear it?
Pete

Hi I am new to fitness forum I would just like to say that I have been wearing running tights for a while now jogging and to the gym.I can say they are the most comfortable pant you can wear to work out in.I wear the womens under armour Heat gear tights for the summer and cold gear for the winter they fit much better then mens period.All I here is if you wear tights you are gay bull **** my self I am by far gay I love women.When I go to the gym my junk is NOT hanging out I wear under armour tank tops and it covers area.They just feel good on and they do give you energy for working out and yes women do like them also but you must have the body to wear them.If another person dont like it dont look I dont give a **** about what people think.I work hard for my body.If they were socially exceptable in the US I would wear them all the time.You only go around one time in life it could be over in a blink of an eye.You do what you want and wear what you want with in reason later.

Hi I am new to fitness forum I would just like to say that I have been wearing running tights for a while now jogging and to the gym.I can say they are the most comfortable pant you can wear to work out in.I wear the womens under armour Heat gear tights for the summer and cold gear for the winter they fit much better then mens period.All I here is if you wear tights you are gay bull **** my self I am by far gay I love women.When I go to the gym my junk is NOT hanging out I wear under armour tank tops and it covers area.They just feel good on and they do give you energy for working out and yes women do like them also but you must have the body to wear them.If another person dont like it dont look I dont give a **** about what people think.I work hard for my body.If they were socially exceptable in the US I would wear them all the time.You only go around one time in life it could be over in a blink of an eye.You do what you want and wear what you want with in reason later.

Running tights are the best to work out in.I wear them all the time at the gym and jogging.I wear the under armour womens heat gear tights for the summer and under armour armour cold gear tights for the winter they fit much better then mens and look great on and feel good on also.I am by far gay I love women.When I go to the gym I wear a under armour tank top My junk is NOT showing the area is covered and yes women do like it I work hard for this body and love tights they also give you energy when working out.Remember you only go around one time in life wear what you want and do what you want it could be over in a blink of and eye.

Back