Thoughts on men wearing spandex / lycra running tights

I am an advid jogger, and have until recently resorted to using my home gym for exercise equipement, but am about to join (subject to a trial period) a sports club within a 40 minute run from home.

As a matter of convenience, I would like to use the facilaties as I come in from my run (i.e. Nike drylite top and Nike spandex/lycra running tights). As my tights are form fitting, my body is clearly delinated, and my buldge is obvious. Would this be a distraction for the ladies at most gyms (hopefully in a positive manner)?

Since most ladies wear tights and are very flattering, this is my main reason to join. I hope that I become some sort of eye candy. Would the majority of ladies not mind or in fact welcome such attire at their clubs?

Troll.

Spotted, Tracked, and Caught!

most women do NOT like men in lycra. Even if there is a bulge, it is not attractive. Unless you are IN a marathon or are running a triathalon at that moment, change into regular shorts once you enter the gym. Just a womans opinion.

wearing skin tight bluejeans and letting it hang down one side halfway to your knee looks much better than when I wear spandex.

Uhm - shorts over the spandex please. Not flattering unless the girl is really, really interested and wants to know if you're really, really interested. :D

married girl to a man who wears spandex, but only in bed, :eek:
Shel

Does spandex breath well? Cause I cant picture that it does (not that i'm picturing a man wearing spandex, but if I was, it'd be me, so long as that's clear), in which case, why would you want to wear that working out?

...not that there's anything wrong with that...

karena said:
most women do NOT like men in lycra.

Wow. You are speaking on the behalf of MOST women?!
Seems close-minded.

With all the b*tching women do about the inequality between sexes, they get to wear whatever they want and get away with it.

I know many women how don't mind looking at a guy in spandex or tight jeans.

I'd say wear loose fitting shorts over as well. I think more women would be inclined to not check out a guy in spandex. But I guess that depends on maybe the age/location/customs of the target group? I'd rather check out a well-toned guy in nike basketball-ish shorts with a wife beater I think :)

aword4you said:
I think more women would be inclined to not check out a guy in spandex. QUOTE]

These women that you speak of are either:

1) easily intimidated by a man in spandex

or

2) lesbians

i dont see why anyone cares.

if the guy standing next to me is wearing spandex...i just dont look at him.

Back