Thoughts on men wearing spandex / lycra running tights

Hi, I'm a 39 year old man from Scotland, i go running a couple of times a week and run the odd 10k and half marathon. I was apprehensive of wearing running tights at first but now whenever the weather is cold i always wear them. I'm a fit guy and I think as long as you are in good shape then running tights or lycra shorts look good on a man. My wife likes me in them but my daughter isn't so sure ;o)

They are very practical, stops your legs getting cold, prevents muscle strains but allow complete freedom of movement. It's time for all you athletic guys out there to get liberated and into lycra tights. They also feel good... but that's another matter ;o)

also encouraging to see many gals on this thread being positive about the subject

if you are as fit as what you said, then you should look great in lycra tights. Your views on running in lycra seems to be in agreement with what my running mate used to say to me.

Last edited:
I used to wear spandex, or neoprene as they were, shorts to play rugby in. Obviously I had shorts over them, I wore them to help ease a groin injury. They were so uncomfortable and restrictive though. I don’t know why anyone would wear them anyway. They never looked bad though I don’t think, Unless I’m just one of the lucky ones who could pull it off!

You know it all comes down to who is wearing it.Some men can pull it off some can't and it's as simple as that. Just think of tall pale skinny dudes walkin around in spandex and also old 80 yr olds too. NFL running backs and some recievers are good examples of people that can pull off the look. Just think of Terrel Owens T.O . I'm not sain ya gotta be built like them but you have to have confidence in what ya wear. Who the hell cares what people think cause life is too short. Wear spandex while your still young and able to pull it off!!! : )

make sure you shave so the hairs don't poke thru.

nothing worse than some ding dong at the water cooler wih pubes sticking thru his tights!

LOL!!!

And music-- I know you are BSL's alter ego!

Guys in thongs???? Wow I must be old and closed minded. I mean, commando sure, but banana bag no way.

Yes i am his alter ego on the east coast ;- ) Just kiddin man. Dont know BSL but I agree on many things he says about tight athletic wear. There is a proper way to do it and it 's not a problem if done right.

nothing worse than some ding dong at the water cooler wih pubes sticking thru his tights!

Listen to the voice of experience lads.....he's not just speculating on this call! :D

Guys in thongs???? Wow I must be old and closed minded. I mean, commando sure, but banana bag no way.

First...I don't wear 'em!

Second....it's not a "show-thong" as you'd see in Chippendales or any of that sassy stuff. No hammocks or what you're likely thinking of. All my cycling shorts, triathlon suits and what-not have built-in (integrated) liners...so I've got padding that keeps it all under control (ain't no pube gonna work its way through that much thickness!:D)...but some lycra stuff has no liner, so you can wear transitive briefs (thin material underwear) but it still has some lines you can see under the fabric....sooooo, they have "dance belts" for men, that's what those dancers in ballet wear so they keep the package under control without seeing the lines under the fabric. It's a pad up front and then a g-string deal. Yeah, NOT my cup of tea either.

It kinda scares me that Hoss & FF are frequenting this thread. Come on guys, everywhere else on the forum I'm all hardcore, but here's where I come to get my freak on....just let it be and pretend you don't know about this thread. ;)

Hey, I'm 100% hetero, totally straight and even a bit homophobic...I just sorta dig that gals are checking me out when I'm throwing down some skin-tight bait on the butt & legs, and I like the way it makes my upper body look comparatively larger & stronger. Can I help it if my ambitions include being a total man-whore and pimpin' the bod for the gals at the gym? I'll take my inspiration where I can find it!

Besides, you guys know I've got a sponsored gig to wear this stuff.

LOL.....instead of me typically posting my thoughts, here's some stuff someone else wrote.

First, the article as written by some stuff old guy:

Bottoms
Spandex for men is probably the worst mistake men can make in choosing bottoms. If you do want to wear for spandex for their professed comfort, wear longer shorts over time to cover them up. Unlike females, men keep their “business” on the outside and it is never appropriate to display them in public, unless you are competing in the Tour de France.

Simple cotton gym shorts are your best bet. They should not extend below the knees but no more than an inch, maybe two, above the knees. Wear them at or slightly below the waist.

Sweatpants are okay, but not the most fashionable. I’m not a big fan of long pants at the gym, but Nike and Adidas have acceptable options in long pants.

-END ARTICLE

Now....some of the many follow-up post (names included for gender reference):

#3 by dou32, Aug 3, 2008
I find this article narrow minded and ridiculous. A gym is not a social venue, it's a place to work out. If you're looking for a social venue where you need to worry about how you look and what you should wear, go to a bar. And men should be able to wear spandex without any fear of ridicule or childish comments - there's nothing wrong with it. If you're as concerned about style and what other people are wearing at the gym as the author of this article is, you should buy your own gym equipment and work out at home.

#5 by brielle, Aug 28, 2008
Spandex is reserved only for men with seriously great builds. Nobody wants to look at an overweight sweaty dude in spandex lifting weights when you're on the treadmill - Sorry guys. Its visual pollution.

#9 by Katie Jones, Oct 27, 2008
I think it's HOT when a guy wears spandex. I like those tight spandex shorts on guys. The shorter the shorts on a guy, the better is what me and my girlfriends always say. Show us some legs and butts guys! Guys should wear spandex / lycra shorts more often instead of those stupid long baggy shorts that are out of style. ~ Katie J.

#10 by Jenna, Oct 27, 2008
I agree! Those days of long shorts on a guy are long gone. Hello guys!!!! There is nothing hotter than a guy in short shorts, but spandex is way better on a guy since you're able to see the shape of his butt!

#11 by Elizabeth1988, Oct 27, 2008
The other day I saw a guy at the gym doing squats in short spandex shorts and everytime he would squat you could see his g-string through his spandex shorts. It was so hot!!! I could not keep my eyes of him! Very sexy!

**BSL edit/note....with the above quote, I thought she was going to say it was repulsive. Extra note, the "g-string" was probably a dance-belt, undergarment male dancers wear under tights so they have a gentle bulge instead of total genital display. **

#12 by Tammy, Oct 27, 2008
There you have it guys. Stop wearing those ugly baggy shorts. Like I said, it's athletic and some guys look really hot in short spandex shorts.

#13 by sarah, Oct 28, 2008
Guys, please don't wear the long spandex, wear the shorter spandex ones if you're going to wear them. The long ones are o.k., but the shorter ones are absolutely attractive. My boyfriend buys womens spandex shorts (same thing as guys spandex shorts just shorter) because the ones they make for men are too long at the legs. He looks cute in them and it shows off his butt a lot more.

#14 by lynn18, Oct 28, 2008
my boyfriend does the same thing. he gets his shorts in the womens for the same reason, nike, adidas, new balance, etc. i read in paper about companies that are begining to make shorts shorter (way above the knee) because the styles have changed and loose long shorts are no longer in style. bout time they do that.

#15 by Nadya21, Oct 29, 2008
Guys, please don't stop wearing spandex, the other day I saw a guy at the Latin dancing class at gym dancing Salsa and merengue, he was wearing spandex and OMG, not to mention he was the only guy in the class, It was so hot, after the class was over, everyone was talking about how hot he looked.

#16 by Lisa R.19, Oct 30, 2008
I think it's hot when guys wear spandex. It really shows off there butts. Me and my girlfriend saw a guy jogging at the park the other day with his girlfriend and he was wearing tight little spandex shorts and you could see his little g string through the material... really hot! He had a cute butt too! Me and my friend kept jogging behind him so we could keep looking at his butt. We kept saying that we should just run by and grab his butt.

#17 by Samantha 18, Nov 11, 2008
I noticed a lot of guys are wearing spandex shorts more and more now...and short ones...very very hot! I like it! I work at a gas station at night and a cute guy came in the other day in spandex shorts and oh my!!! He had such a nice bulge when he leaned up on the counter. He caught me looking down when he was paying though. Oh well.. I caught him looking at my cleavage too - so even trade off. Very nice body and butt though, and he had on a thong also, I could see it through his shorts when he left. I really like that guys are starting to show off their shape. Before, us women would hardly get to see any type of shape other than in the bedroom, and I really like that they\'re wearing more revealing smaller underwear also. Very hot and sexy!

#18 by Errod, Nov 13, 2008
Girls, can you tell me what is wrong with a "wife beater" (I call it a tank top, but anyway...)?
I think it is comftable to "work" in, and therefor likes it...

And secondly; are you serious about your comments with men wearing g-strings are sexy??
I would not have thought so...

#19 by Jennifer, Nov 18, 2008
i think wife beaters-tank tops are cute on guys especially if they have nice arms. but in general, yeah tank tops are cute on a guy. as for guys wearing g-strings-thongs, yeah, i think that is cute. a lot of guys are wearing them now. my boyfriend wears thongs a lot more now and sometimes boy shorts and he looks hot in both. i do like thongs better on guys though... from reading some of the other girls comments on this page i agree with them, spandex and thongs look hot on guys. i've seen guys jogging in spandex wearing a thong before and i guess you could say it has the same effect on girls that it has on men when you guys see girls in tite shorts and a thong. as for the baggey shorts, for sure, they are old and out of style especially the long ones...yuk! so yes, i like when i see guys in spandex showing off there ass, that is hot...

#34 by Stacy1984, Apr 10, 2009
Yeah,I've seen some guys in spandex and it is a turn on if it's the right guy wearin them! Tights look better than short shorts on guys. Leave them to the ladies please and also the thongs.But yeah some guys can get away with wearin spandex and we should encourage it! Just like obese women should'nt wear them so the same applies to men. A good butt and strong toned legs is all it takes for me to go nuts!!

- END QUOTES

I edited-out some of the post where guys were asking about how woman felt about body-waxing or other dumb questions/comments.

Ya know....my trainer Roz contends there are only 2 kinds of woman; those that openly like when guy wears spandex/lycra...and those who deny it but actually do. What woman doesn't want to see a guy's body if he's fit?

My own experience is that most woman don't really care, they just figure "wear what's comfortable and don't worry about what others think". Beyond that, woman are like men...each having their own taste & preferences. I've ridden my mountain bike by some hiking groups of woman and some of them will not even notice me and they just keep talking or hiking along....while others will notice; some give me the passsing glance, others give the solid look-over and a few (when I turn around to look occassionally) are burning their eyes into my backside :D

I think, on the whole, there isn't a whole lot a guy can wear that makes him feel sexy, provocative or like eye-candy. Woman have their high heels, short skirts, sassy dresses and all sorts of stuff to play-up their bodies....what do us men have? A nice dress suit? Some board-shorts?? Enter what seems like a new fashion for men: lycra Quite frankly, the idea of being eye-candy for a woman inspires me to workout harder, lose more weight and strut the stuff like a man-whore. Cause I'm fully capable of sinking to such lows...oh yeah, I'm so there it's not even funny! Pimp-Daddy BSL, it's all about the woman and showing-off the goods....whazz-up! :D :D

I 100% agree with those girls posts BSL. Im not going to go pulling those shorts down or anything like that but its kinda exciting to get a chance to see whats down there...... a peekaboo......... or stare-aboo if im not careful :).

Listen to the voice of experience lads.....he's not just speculating on this call! :D

First...I don't wear 'em!

Second....it's not a "show-thong" as you'd see in Chippendales or any of that sassy stuff. No hammocks or what you're likely thinking of. All my cycling shorts, triathlon suits and what-not have built-in (integrated) liners...so I've got padding that keeps it all under control (ain't no pube gonna work its way through that much thickness!:D)...but some lycra stuff has no liner, so you can wear transitive briefs (thin material underwear) but it still has some lines you can see under the fabric....sooooo, they have "dance belts" for men, that's what those dancers in ballet wear so they keep the package under control without seeing the lines under the fabric. It's a pad up front and then a g-string deal. Yeah, NOT my cup of tea either.

It kinda scares me that Hoss & FF are frequenting this thread. Come on guys, everywhere else on the forum I'm all hardcore, but here's where I come to get my freak on....just let it be and pretend you don't know about this thread. ;)

Hey, I'm 100% hetero, totally straight and even a bit homophobic...I just sorta dig that gals are checking me out when I'm throwing down some skin-tight bait on the butt & legs, and I like the way it makes my upper body look comparatively larger & stronger. Can I help it if my ambitions include being a total man-whore and pimpin' the bod for the gals at the gym? I'll take my inspiration where I can find it!

Besides, you guys know I've got a sponsored gig to wear this stuff.

Dude I'm sure I don't make the grade for wearing that stuff. But I'm pretty sure it's not just the ladies checking your junk out....you might find a few fans following you in the shower:rofl:

You wouldn't catch me dead wearing any kind of spandex, banana hammocks, tighty whities, those shorts that bodybuilders wear for their bodybuilding competition (whatever they're called), or anything like any of that.

I especially wouldn't blame a girl for running the other way in disgust when their man takes off his pants and reveals that he's wearing tighty whitie underwear. I realize at one time (years ago) that was the only option for men, but tighty whities have to be the lamest, ugliest, most tackiest, and out-dated underwear a dude could wear.

Most dudes that still wear tighty whitie underwear are probably the same dudes that still don't know how to wipe properly, so they all are probably full of skid marks too. Freaking nasty-ass tighty whitie wearing douchebags! lol!

Jason Salamone

Last edited:
You wouldn't catch me dead wearing any kind of spandex, banana hammocks, tighty whities, those shorts that bodybuilders wear for their bodybuilding competition (whatever they're called), or anything like any of that.

I especially wouldn't blame a girl for running the other way in disgust when their man takes off his pants and reveals that he's wearing tighty whitie underwear. I realize at one time (years ago) that was the only option for men, but tighty whities have to be the lamest, ugliest, most tackiest, and out-dated underwear a dude could wear.

Most dudes that still wear tighty whitie underwear are probably the same dudes that still don't know how to wipe properly, so they all are probably full of skid marks too. Freaking nasty-ass tighty whitie wearing douchebags! lol!

Jason Salamone

Now you went and hurt my feelings.:action10:

I prefer tighty whites (assorted colors :D ) due to the fact that I have big thighs and boxers ride up every time I pull up my pants (lose fit, baggy fit, ect..). I’ve got big thighs is all and the TW stay in place. Now you won’t find me walking around in them anywhere, strictly ‘underwear’.

TW are also a good option for wearing with gym shorts. Boxers combined with regular shorts could still let something see the light of day doing leg presses. What I don’t get is the guys wearing the old time jocks(no cup)gear, with their butt all hanging out in the locker room, just wear the TW guy.

Now you went and hurt my feelings.:action10:

I prefer tighty whites (assorted colors :D ) due to the fact that I have big thighs and boxers ride up every time I pull up my pants (lose fit, baggy fit, ect..). I’ve got big thighs is all and the TW stay in place. Now you won’t find me walking around in them anywhere, strictly ‘underwear’.

TW are also a good option for wearing with gym shorts. Boxers combined with regular shorts could still let something see the light of day doing leg presses. What I don’t get is the guys wearing the old time jocks(no cup)gear, with their butt all hanging out in the locker room, just wear the TW guy.
:laughing2: Just kidding

Hey well it's nothing personal, and at least you stand up for yourself.
But yeah the old time jocks are freakin ridiculous too.

One thing I don't get at most gyms is that old YMCA locker room culture still exists. I avoid gym locker rooms like the plague. All these wrinkly old guys walking around naked and talking to each other for the longest time, instead of getting in and out. And they tend come right up to you a little too close all naked when they try and have a conversation with you! It's like grab your freakin' shower, change, and get the F out of there! It's down right creepy, gross, and a bit disturbing. Nobody wants to see that.

Jason Salamone

:laughing2: Just kidding

Hey well it's nothing personal, and at least you stand up for yourself.
But yeah the old time jocks are freakin ridiculous too.

:boxing_smiley:

One thing I don't get at most gyms is that old YMCA locker room culture still exists. I avoid gym locker rooms like the plague. All these wrinkly old guys walking around naked and talking to each other for the longest time, instead of getting in and out. And they tend come right up to you a little too close all naked when they try and have a conversation with you! It's like grab your freakin' shower, change, and get the F out of there! It's down right creepy, gross, and a bit disturbing. Nobody wants to see that.

Jason Salamone

lol, I was going to mention this too.

Saw a guy once chatting away naked to a dude and he put one of his feet up on a bench and just kept talking to the other guy. Think they were making a connection.:valintines:

Last edited:
socially accepted exhibitionism

I am an advid jogger, and have until recently resorted to using my home gym for exercise equipement, but am about to join (subject to a trial period) a sports club within a 40 minute run from home.

As a matter of convenience, I would like to use the facilaties as I come in from my run (i.e. Nike drylite top and Nike spandex/lycra running tights). As my tights are form fitting, my body is clearly delinated, and my buldge is obvious. Would this be a distraction for the ladies at most gyms (hopefully in a positive manner)?

Since most ladies wear tights and are very flattering, this is my main reason to join. I hope that I become some sort of eye candy. Would the majority of ladies not mind or in fact welcome such attire at their clubs?

I wear nylon elastane which is thinner than nylon /spandex it hugs the lunchbox like its spray on body paint. when working out it is slightly see thru and becomes very maluable like ballet tights . I wear no undies with these as its too resticting and like my balls to feel free and not sqashed. So i have a big bulge and you can see everything but no one complains . I am a hunk and have a great package only draw back is if I get slightly aroused its a sight for all to see and stretches the wafer thin micro fabric and its like wearing nothing it feels great and like I am naked running. I am not an exhibitionist but I do not wear a long shirt covering usually I wear bare top or small singlet. I get lots of whistles from the ladies and if I go past guys its usually condemnation or revulsion (understandable) i WILL HAVE DAYS WHEN I HANG TO THE RIGHT OR LEFT and sometimes up right and looks erect, I have had young school girls think that and giggle. Its mainly the running and beach I use these and if I go into the water to cool off I am totally see thru for a few minutes while it dries (lucky girls who happen to be running my way) I don't like a neat bulge or a squashed look its emasculating men in bike pants look. I like the package out and about so its lose and free .Thats were the term "free doggin' " comes from. I feel the breeze and the sensation is a bit sexy just gotta watch those erections when a hot chick comes along i do tend to be vunerable and as i get close and closer she tends to get the general idea that I appreciate her. So hears to hetro sexual and proud .

hmm 21 female, as far as I know, women aren't stimulated by physical appearance the same as guys, I can tell a good looking guy in a croud but I don't feel any urge tell my friends or turn my head to watch them go down the street. You get to know a girl and become emotionally connected with her showing her you care etc, and you'll become the most attractive guy in the world, that's what I say as far as my own temperment goes, it's that simple.
I could say there are men out there more attractive than my husband when I'm mad at him and feel the need to pick out flaws, but no one looks so good as him when we're getting along. Some guys look good on first impression but if you get to know them and their a jerk somehow they just don't look so hot, and vice versa as far as unatractive guys go, men become attractive or unatractive as character is added to looks. Sorry dudes it's good old fashioned character and charm that gets a lasting A+ no matter how perfect your hair, body, and clothing selection happen to be.

I wear nylon elastane which is thinner than nylon /spandex it hugs the lunchbox like its spray on body paint. when working out it is slightly see thru and becomes very maluable like ballet tights . I wear no undies with these as its too resticting and like my balls to feel free and not sqashed. So i have a big bulge and you can see everything.....

Yeah...blah-blah-blah....says the one-post pervert who is here to basically explain how he uses a thin layer of fabric to come as close as possible to running around naked. Oh, but you 'need' to wear this for comfort & function. The terms that come to mind are....pervert, exhibitionist, freak and someone who delusionally thinks he's putting-up some hot & sexy vibes.

Newsflash:

Woman in a wet t-shirt...men's jaws drop

Men with transparent undies...women's jaws drop, but only because they can't believe how vulgar and stupid a guy can be.

Meghan is right, women don't look at men the same way men look at women. All you're doing is perpeatuating the reason why so many women think men shouldn't wear lycra.

Here's a general rule: don't wear anything you wouldn't wear in front of your parents, relatives or neighbors. As for this guy who likes to wear transparent pantyhose...yeah, that stuff is really big up in San Francisco and West Hollywood, knock yourself out freaktard.

but your a guy

you may be right in some instances and as a guy you may be revulsed but I am getting a good response and alot of attention especially if I am not doing it overtly and it seems alot of women really look and see if they are imagining it or not if my gear is see thru or not and if they see it move OH MY GOD
if you got it flaunt it mayby different here.

Himalayan SALAJEET is a compound that is attributed to have magical
capabilities. It is considered by the natives of Himalayan Range Indian
Yogis to be a gift from God because it is an elixir of longevity… a
veritable fountain of youth. For centuries, SALAJEET remained a closely
guarded secret.
To explore how it is equally good for men & women health please visit :
www .7dgms .com

E mail: sales@dgms .com

Everyone is different. Some people like certain styles and dislike others. All I know, and all I care, is that my wife loves me wearing spandex. Sometimes we go shopping, banking and other errands in our spandex workout clothes. Most exciting is when she purposely arouse me to the point where I have a full blown erection that I cannot hide, other than walking behind her (with my manhood pressed against her booty - making matters more exciting). She would sometime dart off, and I become completely exposed so that she can see the approaching gal's reaction. I must say, the girls more ofter than not look, and appear somewhat interested and in awe! We both have a great time working out, admiring each other, having fun, and have mad sex afterwards.

Back