Thoughts on men wearing spandex / lycra running tights

We gave him another 10 blows each today. I guess we had been conned. Huh? We shouldn't complain as it is difficult to find a guy willing to be our punching bag for us to let go our tension.

Need to get some opinions about a new way of abs exercise introduced by my running mate. After finishing our jog today and doing his usual back extensions and sit ups, he asked my friend and I to punch him at his abs while he held his breath and tightened his abs. Each of us landed 10 strong blows onto his abs. We could feel his tight hard abs and the punches didn't seem to hurt him. He said that this is an alternative to sit-ups and abs crunches and it is effective because he had to hold his breathe and pull his abs inwards to withstand our blows.
Is this type of abs exercise valid or is he just pulling our legs?

It'll get him used to taking a punch by you and your friend in the stomach. Nothing more, nothing less.

We gave him another 10 blows each today. I guess we had been conned. Huh? We shouldn't complain as it is difficult to find a guy willing to be our punching bag for us to let go our tension.

Nahhhhh......you weren't conned at all. Totally legitimate, just like "groin massage". Oh yeah, if you massage the groin it'll let your quads relax, improve blood flow and help circulation. To be effective you'll need to use both hands, and don't hesitate to get orally involved either. Your committment to fitness is entirely being challenged here; suck it up! :confused4:

I'd be more that willing to let you and a friend give me 10 blows a day if you want

Nahhhhh......you weren't conned at all. Totally legitimate, just like "groin massage". Oh yeah, if you massage the groin it'll let your quads relax, improve blood flow and help circulation. To be effective you'll need to use both hands, and don't hesitate to get orally involved either. Your committment to fitness is entirely being challenged here; suck it up! :confused4:

I'm commited to fitness but I would not go to that extreme. That's gross.

Wait. Isn't mate the one that you're involved in a relationship with? Isn't that what mate means?

Yes, a mate can mean having a relationship with another person. Friendship is a relationship too. Friendship can be close but not necessary intimate. My relationship with my mate was built based on our mutual acquaintances as running friendship.;)

See....the thing is, men see this and we're in awe of how sexy, beautiful and downright HOT it is. Then, by virtue of wearing cycling shorts and what-not, we imagine that we somehow throw-off a derivitive of this heat and woman might find it appealing in the similar manner that us men look at this picture and something strikes a chord. Who wouldn't want to have this sort of body and the sensation of feeling so sexy?

Click to enlarge :D

Attachments

• Lycra hole1.jpg
    Lycra hole1.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 96,580
  • golden lycra1.jpg
    golden lycra1.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 27,628
Last edited:
And this is what happens when some overweight moron thinks he can pull it off, can we readily identify the distinction?

Don't click to enlarge, cause it's just plain wrong on all counts...

Attachments

• Blob1.jpg
    Blob1.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 12,133
I wore those bike shorts, which caught the convenience store clerk's eye a while back, in a bike tour... And OMG, one of the after-race pictures of me left no doubt about why she kept looking down there. Those shorts are a big advertisement!!! I look like those Polish riders in red shorts whose picture has floated around the cycling forums for a few years, except mine were grey. You can clearly distinguish my circumcision status. It's a good thing I wasn't excited when I saw the convenience store clerk.

LOL....you should have looked in the mirror before buying them or leaving the house!

The color black is your friend, I won't wear any cycling shorts, bibs or triathlon suits that don't have black around the crotch. You also want a good pad for sake of comfort while in the saddle for hours....and if you have a proper fit and a good quality make, you should be getting some compression from the fitment. The end result is a pretty discrete slight bulge that almost leaves you worrying that people may think you're tiny or had some surgery in Sweden. Light colors and thin pads are a mistake!

LOL....many top-end pads actually have a crease down the center of the pad which is there to specifically eliminate/reduce a certain pressure that the saddle can place on a nerve/vein; this crease down the center of the pad almost looks like woman's camel-toe!

You know what it really comes down to....there are certain perverts and exhibitionist who wear lycra because it's just one fabric-layer away from being naked. They don't want pads, dark colors of shirts long enough to cover things...and it's individuals like this who ruin it for athletic/normal guys.

I'm happy that I've lost enough weight and am athletic enough to wear lycra. I like the moderate attention woman give me and it's a bit of a rush having gals check me out, it makes me feel attractive and inspires me to be more fit. It's comfortable & functional, but it has to be done tastefully and only worn in situations that are appropriate (cycling, swimming, etc). Frankly, it really bothers me that so many gay men and perverts/exhibitionist have aligned with wearing lycra as well....it degrades it. There are a few other guys on this forum who have mentioned to me that they like the way it makes their upper-body look bigger and they too like a bit of female attention...BUT they're hesitant to post on this thread because of the assocation with the perverted aspect of things. Oh well, such is life.

I've been watching this forum for a while and i have to agree with everything BSL has to say. Girls will approve if you look good in spandex but if you don't , they won't care or even be grossed out. It really depends who is wearing them and how it looks. Women look as much as men but it comes as a shock cause not many men wear spandex. But yes they do like and I'm proof of it at the gym!

Oh yeah just think of Borat and that thing he wore and you will see how gross it is. Although what he wore was just plain wrong in the movie.

LOL.....instead of me typically posting my thoughts, here's some stuff someone else wrote.

First, the article as written by some stuff old guy:

Bottoms
Spandex for men is probably the worst mistake men can make in choosing bottoms. If you do want to wear for spandex for their professed comfort, wear longer shorts over time to cover them up. Unlike females, men keep their “business” on the outside and it is never appropriate to display them in public, unless you are competing in the Tour de France.

Simple cotton gym shorts are your best bet. They should not extend below the knees but no more than an inch, maybe two, above the knees. Wear them at or slightly below the waist.

Sweatpants are okay, but not the most fashionable. I’m not a big fan of long pants at the gym, but Nike and Adidas have acceptable options in long pants.

-END ARTICLE

Now....some of the many follow-up post (names included for gender reference):

#3 by dou32, Aug 3, 2008
I find this article narrow minded and ridiculous. A gym is not a social venue, it's a place to work out. If you're looking for a social venue where you need to worry about how you look and what you should wear, go to a bar. And men should be able to wear spandex without any fear of ridicule or childish comments - there's nothing wrong with it. If you're as concerned about style and what other people are wearing at the gym as the author of this article is, you should buy your own gym equipment and work out at home.

#5 by brielle, Aug 28, 2008
Spandex is reserved only for men with seriously great builds. Nobody wants to look at an overweight sweaty dude in spandex lifting weights when you're on the treadmill - Sorry guys. Its visual pollution.

#9 by Katie Jones, Oct 27, 2008
I think it's HOT when a guy wears spandex. I like those tight spandex shorts on guys. The shorter the shorts on a guy, the better is what me and my girlfriends always say. Show us some legs and butts guys! Guys should wear spandex / lycra shorts more often instead of those stupid long baggy shorts that are out of style. ~ Katie J.

#10 by Jenna, Oct 27, 2008
I agree! Those days of long shorts on a guy are long gone. Hello guys!!!! There is nothing hotter than a guy in short shorts, but spandex is way better on a guy since you're able to see the shape of his butt!

#11 by Elizabeth1988, Oct 27, 2008
The other day I saw a guy at the gym doing squats in short spandex shorts and everytime he would squat you could see his g-string through his spandex shorts. It was so hot!!! I could not keep my eyes of him! Very sexy!

**BSL edit/note....with the above quote, I thought she was going to say it was repulsive. Extra note, the "g-string" was probably a dance-belt, undergarment male dancers wear under tights so they have a gentle bulge instead of total genital display. **

#12 by Tammy, Oct 27, 2008
There you have it guys. Stop wearing those ugly baggy shorts. Like I said, it's athletic and some guys look really hot in short spandex shorts.

#13 by sarah, Oct 28, 2008
Guys, please don't wear the long spandex, wear the shorter spandex ones if you're going to wear them. The long ones are o.k., but the shorter ones are absolutely attractive. My boyfriend buys womens spandex shorts (same thing as guys spandex shorts just shorter) because the ones they make for men are too long at the legs. He looks cute in them and it shows off his butt a lot more.

#14 by lynn18, Oct 28, 2008
my boyfriend does the same thing. he gets his shorts in the womens for the same reason, nike, adidas, new balance, etc. i read in paper about companies that are begining to make shorts shorter (way above the knee) because the styles have changed and loose long shorts are no longer in style. bout time they do that.

#15 by Nadya21, Oct 29, 2008
Guys, please don't stop wearing spandex, the other day I saw a guy at the Latin dancing class at gym dancing Salsa and merengue, he was wearing spandex and OMG, not to mention he was the only guy in the class, It was so hot, after the class was over, everyone was talking about how hot he looked.

#16 by Lisa R.19, Oct 30, 2008
I think it's hot when guys wear spandex. It really shows off there butts. Me and my girlfriend saw a guy jogging at the park the other day with his girlfriend and he was wearing tight little spandex shorts and you could see his little g string through the material... really hot! He had a cute butt too! Me and my friend kept jogging behind him so we could keep looking at his butt. We kept saying that we should just run by and grab his butt.

#17 by Samantha 18, Nov 11, 2008
I noticed a lot of guys are wearing spandex shorts more and more now...and short ones...very very hot! I like it! I work at a gas station at night and a cute guy came in the other day in spandex shorts and oh my!!! He had such a nice bulge when he leaned up on the counter. He caught me looking down when he was paying though. Oh well.. I caught him looking at my cleavage too - so even trade off. Very nice body and butt though, and he had on a thong also, I could see it through his shorts when he left. I really like that guys are starting to show off their shape. Before, us women would hardly get to see any type of shape other than in the bedroom, and I really like that they\'re wearing more revealing smaller underwear also. Very hot and sexy!

#18 by Errod, Nov 13, 2008
Girls, can you tell me what is wrong with a "wife beater" (I call it a tank top, but anyway...)?
I think it is comftable to "work" in, and therefor likes it...

And secondly; are you serious about your comments with men wearing g-strings are sexy??
I would not have thought so...

#19 by Jennifer, Nov 18, 2008
i think wife beaters-tank tops are cute on guys especially if they have nice arms. but in general, yeah tank tops are cute on a guy. as for guys wearing g-strings-thongs, yeah, i think that is cute. a lot of guys are wearing them now. my boyfriend wears thongs a lot more now and sometimes boy shorts and he looks hot in both. i do like thongs better on guys though... from reading some of the other girls comments on this page i agree with them, spandex and thongs look hot on guys. i've seen guys jogging in spandex wearing a thong before and i guess you could say it has the same effect on girls that it has on men when you guys see girls in tite shorts and a thong. as for the baggey shorts, for sure, they are old and out of style especially the long ones...yuk! so yes, i like when i see guys in spandex showing off there ass, that is hot...

#34 by Stacy1984, Apr 10, 2009
Yeah,I've seen some guys in spandex and it is a turn on if it's the right guy wearin them! Tights look better than short shorts on guys. Leave them to the ladies please and also the thongs.But yeah some guys can get away with wearin spandex and we should encourage it! Just like obese women should'nt wear them so the same applies to men. A good butt and strong toned legs is all it takes for me to go nuts!!

- END QUOTES

I edited-out some of the post where guys were asking about how woman felt about body-waxing or other dumb questions/comments.

Ya know....my trainer Roz contends there are only 2 kinds of woman; those that openly like when guy wears spandex/lycra...and those who deny it but actually do. What woman doesn't want to see a guy's body if he's fit?

My own experience is that most woman don't really care, they just figure "wear what's comfortable and don't worry about what others think". Beyond that, woman are like men...each having their own taste & preferences. I've ridden my mountain bike by some hiking groups of woman and some of them will not even notice me and they just keep talking or hiking along....while others will notice; some give me the passsing glance, others give the solid look-over and a few (when I turn around to look occassionally) are burning their eyes into my backside :D

I think, on the whole, there isn't a whole lot a guy can wear that makes him feel sexy, provocative or like eye-candy. Woman have their high heels, short skirts, sassy dresses and all sorts of stuff to play-up their bodies....what do us men have? A nice dress suit? Some board-shorts?? Enter what seems like a new fashion for men: lycra Quite frankly, the idea of being eye-candy for a woman inspires me to workout harder, lose more weight and strut the stuff like a man-whore. Cause I'm fully capable of sinking to such lows...oh yeah, I'm so there it's not even funny! Pimp-Daddy BSL, it's all about the woman and showing-off the goods....whazz-up! :D :D

Awesome BSL, you got it on the money! Nice quotes too from these girls! Oh and east coast girls are just as horny or more than west coast too! Just think of Jersey girls and you'll know what I mean! ; )

Hi, I'm a 39 year old man from Scotland, i go running a couple of times a week and run the odd 10k and half marathon. I was apprehensive of wearing running tights at first but now whenever the weather is cold i always wear them. I'm a fit guy and I think as long as you are in good shape then running tights or lycra shorts look good on a man. My wife likes me in them but my daughter isn't so sure ;o)

They are very practical, stops your legs getting cold, prevents muscle strains but allow complete freedom of movement. It's time for all you athletic guys out there to get liberated and into lycra tights. They also feel good... but that's another matter ;o)

also encouraging to see many gals on this thread being positive about the subject

Last edited:
If you're getting funny looks, it's probably because people aren't used to seeing running tights in combination with a kilt, but if you accessorize properly I suppose you could pull it off. Nike has some plaid canvas running shoes and I've heard of a water camel pack that looks like bag-pipes; that ought bring out the whole wee lotta ya! :D

Back