Thoughts on men wearing spandex / lycra running tights

I know that some people wear undies beneath their spandex (don't they know better??? ), but undies on top of the spandex is just plain silly.

Just an odd observation....as if anything doesn't fit in with this thread, lol.

I think it all started with woman wearing leotards, but like the one-piece bathing suit the backside continues to creep upward and inward. It's so funny now that you think about it...woman will just reach around, put their fingers under the fabric and just reset the position, right there in public, call it a casualty of attire. It's usually done discretely and quickly, but still....."ass creep" or whatever you call it prevails, I think it even happens with dancers & tights.

Somewhere around the late 70's or early 80's unitards make the scene and the one-piece comes into fashion, but then you have visable panty lines or a lack of liner to hide certain 'parts'....then gals still take it to a new level by wearing thongs or briefs over the unitard, just like the underwear of the super-heros. Tagged with a matching cropped-top, suddenly the Olivia Newton-John look is born and a spandex explosion runs the gyms.

That all abruptly ends somewhere around '95 and today we have sweats with words like Juicy or Pink tagged right on the ass, and the sports-bra comes along or various renditions of it. In my gym you'll see no leotards, unitards or anything of the like. I can't even get the gals in my spin class to join me in the pool....seems none of them can even fathom the notion of wearing a bathing suit. I think it's quite simple...these gals workout and strive for good bodies, but they just can't quite get back to their 18-27 year-old bodies, so seeing the flaws they figure "until they get there" they won't define things by going skin-tight. Jokes on them; there's nothing but a bunch of senior citizens doing the aqua-motion class in the pool anyways.

But on the whole, it all comes down to how confident you are and how you feel others will perceive your body when you offer it up in the confines of a skin-tight material. As the saying goes, 'wearing spandex is a privelege' and 'lycra is unforgiving'. To which I say, let that be a challenge, let it inspire you, let it drive you to want that better body. Because, much as you might look at someone elses sexy body and like what you see...so too should you have such a body that others might enjoy as well. Or some philosophical crap like that. ;)

Hmmmm......I wonder where Taku is, this is all so very much right up his alley?

Oh, this issue is absolutely right up my alley.:D

Ha, I searched up his posts. Looks like he's into superhero attire. Not sure I think the multicolored '80s aerobics video versions of spandex are so groovy. I know that some people wear undies beneath their spandex (don't they know better??? ), but undies on top of the spandex is just plain silly.

Yeah, as you presume, I'm into superhero's attire. :D

>but undies on top of the spandex is just plain silly.

You mean the one like Superman's costume? lol

Well, I prefer Spidey's costume to Superman's because the Spidey's costume is simpler: Spidey is just in tights from head to toe, with no cape, no briefs-like red shorts, and no boots on top of the tights.

This does not necessarily mean I prefer superheroes totally naked. lol

Last edited:
Actually it was very difficult to resist at that moment but somehow rather I managed to get through it. I think I was close enough to see very clearly because I was facing his lower abs as I was pressing his thighs down with my hands. My friend and I would help him with these stretching exercises at the end of our running sessions nowadays.

As you already know, I really enjoy your interesting stories about your mate.:)

I'd appreciate it if if you keep posting with your honest thoughts about men in spandex, especially when something new is up between you and your mate, who I think looks so great in the black body suit in the pic.

Yeah, as you presume, I'm into both superhero's attire. :D

Well, I prefer Spidey's costume to Superman's because the Spidey's costume is simpler: Spidey is just in tights from head to toe, with no cape, no briefs-like red shorts, and no boots on top of the tights.

First it was batman and then spiderman. Their tight costumes and the actors in them really gave me goose bumps when I saw those movies. The excessively tight latex catwoman costume in batman II was really sexy and only the fittess body like michele could fit in. Halle Berry's catwoman costume was the biggest flop. Superman would have looked great without wearing his red undies outside.
I agree with you that spiderman's costume is the hottest. The black one was great too. Great bodies in fantastic costumes.:speechless:

I agree with you that spiderman's costume is the hottest. The black one was great too. Great bodies in fantastic costumes.:speechless:

Your mate's "cool" black body suit reminds me of the Spidey's black costume looking great too. :)

And the regular Spidey red and blue suit reminds me of this skit which makes me LOL.

Superhero's, Lycra Fetish and the groin....what a match :valintines:

And so the thread takes a turn to the weird, but you guys did it again:

First it was batman and then spiderman. Their tight costumes and the actors in them really gave me goose bumps when I saw those movies. The excessively tight latex catwoman costume in batman II was really sexy and only the fittess body like michele could fit in. Halle Berry's catwoman costume was the biggest flop. Superman would have looked great without wearing his red undies outside.

Well, I don't get it. Superheroes are pretend. I'm more interested in something a little more real and tangible.

Well, I don't get it. Superheroes are pretend. I'm more interested in something a little more real and tangible.

No superhero here :). I wear bike shorts for riding. I think you're right in one of your earlier posts that women quietly appreciate it, too. I recall stopping for a water at a convenience store recently and catching the clerk's eyes drop "down there" three times inside the building and once while I was putting my change in the saddle pouch. Of course, perhaps she was trying to figure out where "it" could be, considering the exercise shrinkage... lol. It totally "lifted" my spirits for the next mile or so as I pedaled away. Plus, she had terrific cleavage. She probably caught my eyes looking at her breasts when I wasn't catching her eyes looking at my ####.

It must have been love.

No superhero here :). I wear bike shorts for riding. I think you're right in one of your earlier posts that women quietly appreciate it, too. I recall stopping for a water at a convenience store recently and catching the clerk's eyes drop "down there" .

I know I've covered this before, but nobody is going to read-back the previous pages, so let's hit it again.

I realize this is a bit gross, but it illustrates the point perfectly. There is an instinctual human characteristic in that after we go to the bathroom we tend to look into the toilet before we flush. Maybe we're looking for blood, tape-worms or something that would indicate a health issue, but we do it. Point being, we look at things that are disgusting or for reasons other then admiration....and I think that may be the similar case for why some woman may be gazing southbound.

Come on folks, read the first 7 pages of this thead....do we not see several females voicing their dissent and feelings that men should NOT wear lycra? Their contention that it's vulgar and exhibitionistic to have the genitals essentially shrink-wrapped and on display. You can't get around it. I believe the phrase "balls are not boobs" comes to mind. Fact is, there are many woman who don't like it, don't admire it and find it rather offensive.

perhaps she was trying to figure out where "it" could be, considering the exercise shrinkage... lol.

LOL....I hear ya there. Some of my cycling shorts, bibs and suits have a pretty snug fit AND some good padding to boot. When the fabric is new, it almost seems like nothing is down there. Few woman realize there's no bone or even cartligdge down there...it's all soft-tissue that can be strapped down to nearly nothing. The only reason we keep our stuff outside our body is for heat regulation. When it gets cold, it's mostly contracted back into the body. But yeah, maybe they're looking cause they can't see it or think they can see it.

Too many guys just buy stuff and wear it...they never look in the mirror and consider what they're presenting. Variations offer all sorts of different fitments and fabrics. I once bought an outfit that had red fabric, my skin is reasonably tan but I have dark hair and a modest amount of chest hair. Looking in the mirror, I realized I could actually see the dark hair under/through the fabric! Yuck. Black is your friend!

It totally "lifted" my spirits for the next mile or so as I pedaled away. Plus, she had terrific cleavage. She probably caught my eyes looking at her breasts when I wasn't catching her eyes looking at my ####..

See...I can relate to that. Woman have their short skirts, high heels and a HUGE amout of sexy clothing & apparel to wear. What do us men have?? The middle-easter open-hair-chest? Some board shorts? It's not like there's a whole lot. When I started wearing my cycling shorts paired with a sport shirt, I suddenly noticed woman checking it out...AND IT BLEW ME AWAY, in a most excellent way. Suddenly I had something worth looking at. Mind-boggling. It didn't take long before I was looking for nicer fabrics, colors, shirts with patterns and anything that might appeal. Heck, a fair amount of my motivation for getting in shape was just so I could look better.

Anyways, my wife seems to enjoy it, my female personal trainer absolutely LOVES men with good bodies in lycra, some of the gals on this thread certainly like it....BUT I'm still convinced the overwhelming majority of woman really don't care and several find it rather obnoxious and just plain wrong.

Superheroes in tight lycras are of course pretend and are mere fantasies. When I first saw my mate running in full black body lycra, I found the real thing. I really wanted to see him up close at that time although I was shy and afraid at first because I didn't know him. Well things changed after getting to know him.

It totally "lifted" my spirits for the next mile or so as I pedaled away.

So are you saying if you had been in that condition prior to entering the store, she wouldn't have had any trouble spotting it? She might have done a quadruple-take at that... Or just one really long (pun intended) single-take. I probably would have... Yum :speechless: (there's another smiley in the list that I hesitated to use, so I stuck with the speechless one :) )

Need to get some opinions about a new way of abs exercise introduced by my running mate. After finishing our jog today and doing his usual back extensions and sit ups, he asked my friend and I to punch him at his abs while he held his breath and tightened his abs. Each of us landed 10 strong blows onto his abs. We could feel his tight hard abs and the punches didn't seem to hurt him. He said that this is an alternative to sit-ups and abs crunches and it is effective because he had to hold his breathe and pull his abs inwards to withstand our blows.
Is this type of abs exercise valid or is he just pulling our legs?

Need to get some opinions about a new way of abs exercise introduced by my running mate. After finishing our jog today and doing his usual back extensions and sit ups, he asked my friend and I to punch him at his abs while he held his breath and tightened his abs. Each of us landed 10 strong blows onto his abs. We could feel his tight hard abs and the punches didn't seem to hurt him. He said that this is an alternative to sit-ups and abs crunches and it is effective because he had to hold his breathe and pull his abs inwards to withstand our blows.
Is this type of abs exercise valid or is he just pulling our legs?

I know boxers do that kind of thing to strengthen their abs.

:action6:

I know boxers do that kind of thing to strengthen their abs.

:action6:

So if I keep hitting you in the arm you'll get big triceps?

I imagine boxers practice at getting hit in the abs because they need to get used to it. It's more acclimatisation than strengthening, otherwise why don't sprinters get people to kick them in the legs to build their hams and quads?

Sorry, but the idea of being hit as a replacement for exercise is as daft as the sweat suit for fat loss

After finishing our jog today and doing his usual back extensions and sit ups, he asked my friend and I to punch him at his abs while he held his breath and tightened his abs. Each of us landed 10 strong blows onto his abs......Is this type of abs exercise valid or is he just pulling our legs?

He may think it'll help or have some beneficial effect, but it does not. I concur with Typhon....he's getting-off on having you punch his abs.

Think about it....what pysiological benefit could punching the muscle really have?? Boxers may do it to become acclimated to the sensation of having shots taken to their gut, but as far as developing, toning or benefiting the muscle....NOT

LOL...hate to say it, but I'm sure your boy has some made-up story to support his theory. It's almost as bad as my female trainer who uses her hands evaluate me for body-fat%: who needs calipers! :party2:

It's almost as bad as my female trainer who uses her hands evaluate me for body-fat%: who needs calipers! :party2:
Is she taking new clients? I need to shift fat off my butt

Back