Thoughts on men wearing spandex / lycra running tights

what the difference if your out running or going to the gym people still see you

Ya know...that's a good question/point. In either case you're exercising, but at the gym you're in close proximity to other people who are very fitness-aware and it's almost like walking into a bar or social situation where you're being seen and you're looking around a bit.

If I'm just riding on my own, I'll just head-out.....but if I'm going to the gym, I'l comb my hair, perhaps shave and at least wear a shirt that doesn't have any stains...and maybe I'll take a moment or two to make sure I'm put-together with some semblance of thought. Heck, I even wear deordorant at the gym! :)

Ya know...that's a good question/point. In either case you're exercising, but at the gym you're in close proximity to other people who are very fitness-aware and it's almost like walking into a bar or social situation where you're being seen and you're looking around a bit.

If I'm just riding on my own, I'll just head-out.....but if I'm going to the gym, I'l comb my hair, perhaps shave and at least wear a shirt that doesn't have any stains...and maybe I'll take a moment or two to make sure I'm put-together with some semblance of thought. Heck, I even wear deordorant at the gym! :)

I don't give a rat's ass what I look like in the gym. I never have make-up on, and I wear the same crap every time I go -- black skin-tight stuff (although I have tons of it, and I wash that after working out). I carry my Sigg water bottle around with me and a white towel (I actually wash that, too) :cool3:

I also use deodorant. I've found that to be a godsend :D

Seriously, I don't consider the gym to be like a bar. It's definitely a social situation, but I'm socially retarded, so I just go in, workout, and leave.

People hate me because I'm beautiful, too :azzangel:

My thoughts on men wearing spandex? I would have no problem laughing them out of the gym. :D

Blackbeard, you might be laughing, but I'd be trying to get them to go out with me ;)

Non-spandex men don't exist in my world :D j/k

Although there are men who look good in anything ...

Last edited:
I`ve got a couple of photos of myself in fishnets,..............................................they kinda snag around the ears

what the difference if your out running or going to the gym people still see you i have never had any comment on what i was wearing when i was wearing my running tights at the gym when i used to go or out running and riding there nothing worst then wear uncomfortable clothes when your doing exercise

Try running to the gym in a f****ng TUTU

You need to clarify what kinds of Speedos you're referencing; there are all kinds of Speedos - full body suits, full thigh trunks to just above the knee, shorties and the gaykinis. I wear the long Endurance Speedos in the pool or under baggies in the gym or, very rarely with a long shirt in the gym if I am going to the pool shortly

In a pool I normally wear tight shorts like my lycra ones.
But on a beach it'll be small brief style as I've been told I look good in them.

You need to clarify what kinds of Speedos you're referencing; there are all kinds of Speedos - full body suits, full thigh trunks to just above the knee, shorties and the gaykinis. I wear the long Endurance Speedos in the pool or under baggies in the gym or, very rarely with a long shirt in the gym if I am going to the pool shortly

I was thinking of the banana hammock variety or gaykinis?!

I was thinking of the banana hammock variety or gaykinis?!

I had a BF who wore those, and he looked fine in them. Although his junk was huge and he did attract quite a bit of attention.

Back