The 2008 Beijing Olympic Games

Counting medals like it's a **** measuring contest is stupid.

I meant, from country to country.

If I was ever racing someone with the name of Bolt, I would forfeit. And from the looks of it in this case, everyone else should too.

Yea its just a bit of fun, nothing serious.

Cant believe Bolt, 9.68 secs man! And he started celebrating with about 10m to go. He's almost superhuman.

Or just a bit of fun

I'm enjoying us being ahead, although I think we'll be lucky to end up with 13-14 golds in total which give the Aussies a good shot at coming back this week

To be honest, I'm suprised you guys even made double figures...Australia, back in front as of this post. Equal in gold, but we have more total...

*edit*

Ironically, two of our golds from today came from one of the sports i singled out in my "useless Olympic sports" thread...

Last edited:
Oh mein Gott!!! Jan Frodeno from Germany won the triathlon ... Unger came in 6th. Canada got a silver with Whitfield ...

I'm so stoked! I had tears streaming down my face when I saw Frodeno break away from the pack at the last few seconds ... those long legs came in handy!

I'm so happy!!!! I really wanted Germany to win this and thought Unger had the best chance, but I was wrong. Regardless, we'll take the gold!

Oh mein Gott!!! Jan Frodeno from Germany won the triathlon ... Unger came in 6th. Canada got a silver with Whitfield ...

I'm so stoked! I had tears streaming down my face when I saw Frodeno break away from the pack at the last few seconds ... those long legs came in handy!

I'm so happy!!!! I really wanted Germany to win this and thought Unger had the best chance, but I was wrong. Regardless, we'll take the gold!

Are you the guy that cried at the US national anthem too?

bedazzled.jpg

Our Long Jumper Jade Jones is jumping at the moment but she's allergic to sand! How wierd is that?
I wonder how she came to the decision as a kid to start training in an event she was allergic to?

Last edited:
Yeah, what the hell. The UK has never won this many gold in the history of anything, ever...You pretty much got Aus beaten now. I swear you won like 2 golds in Athens.

Back