The 2008 Beijing Olympic Games

Anybody interested in the Olympics? I should hope so!

Disssscussssssss :)

-------------------------------------------------------------

The main events im interested in are the sprints (as everybody is). We (UK) basically dont have a chance of a medal as weve got nobody who's even run inside 10 seconds yet!

Winners for 100m sprint will be either Asafa Powell or Usain Bolt....Gotta be.

Our only hope for a medal in the sprints was Dwaine Chambers, but he's banned the mofo!

Anyway................................I think it starts friday in our time.

Week 1 swimming...week 2 track and field. That's all I'm really interested in.

Can't wait for the olympics. I'm more interested in the power lifting.
The current record holder Hossein Rezazadeh for power cleaning isn't participating this year due to injury though, which sucks.

Anyone know what week the power lifting is going to take place?

And I will also be watching Team USA hand every other nation their asses when it comes to basketball.

the timing is perfect. I can;t wait. and I plan to use watching them as a way to help me taper my training.

I am totally interested inj the decathalon for some reason.

I'm really excited about the Olympics because I have followed a few of the competitors here (no, I didn't stalk them LOL).

I'm looking forward to watching the heptathlon (Jessica Zelinka is our girl!), the triathlon (Daniel Unger is THE MAN -- he's from Germany -- I really hope he wins something), and then I'll watch some swimming, diving, weightlifting, gymnastics, rowing, and that's about it.

The current record holder Hossein Rezazadeh for power cleaning isn't participating this year due to injury though, which sucks.

Yeah, I heard about Hossein Rezazadeh's injury to his hand. Apparently it was quite bad. I also heard he retired from competition and that Rashid Sharifi would take his place in the Olympics in the weightlifting events. Has Rez actually retired for good?

Last edited:
Yeah, I heard about Hossein Rezazadeh's injury to his hand. Apparently it was quite bad. I also heard he retired from competition and that Rashid Sharifi would take his place in the Olympics in the weightlifting events. Has Rez actually retired for good?

I heard that even with his hand injury, he was still able to train and try to prepare for the last 8-9 months. But he didn't want to participate in the summer games not just because of his hand, but because he didn't want to risk losing if his hand did hold him back because he didn't feel he made enough progress.

I haven't heard that he retired, if he did it was a smart choice to retire a champion record holder.

Can't wait for the olympics. I'm more interested in the power lifting.

Anyone know what week the power lifting is going to take place?

And I will also be watching Team USA hand every other nation their asses when it comes to basketball.

Wow, he makes it look so easy!!!

Yep. He makes the impossible look easy. He is an amazing weightlifter/strength athlete. When Hossein first came onto the scene, he blew me away with his lifts. I don't follow weightlifting as much as powerlifting because I like powerlifting much more, however, Hossein definitely made me take notice of the sport. So have a few other competitors. What they do is not easy.

Bulgaria isn't competing because 11 members on their weightlifting team failed drug tests (apparently, they were on methandienon. What a shock :D). I believe they pulled out of the Olympics in June.

Bulgaria isn't competing because 11 members on their weightlifting team failed drug tests (apparently, they were on methandienon. What a shock :D). I believe they pulled out of the Olympics in June.

Hahahahah I read about that....those silly eastern europeans and their roids.

I think it's the first time every Norway has a female weightlifter in the olympics, she's gonna carry the flag in the opening ceremony.. I hope she does well!

Dont nobody like sprinting!!!!!!!!!???

We have Craig Pickering, some say he could be the first white man to run 100m in under 10 seconds. I hope he does well ;)

I like watching all of it. Except speed walking. Wtf is that ****?

Back