The 2008 Beijing Olympic Games

Yes we are a wee country with great achievement.

First country where women could vote

We split the atom first

and plenty of others but I dont want to brag....

Achievement? Brag? dude.. you've got it all backwards :D

Its pretty easy to win medals when you merge a whole bunch of countries together. Think if USA merged with canada or New Zealand merged with Aussie.

No neg please you pommy bas/tards.

Yeah, if only. I mean, New Zealand might actually win some medals this way :D

Well im pretty stoked with our performance considering we only have 4 million people in New Zealand.

Yeah, I tend to look at this as a small consolation...China has like 40 golds but 1.6 billion people, Australia has 12 golds with 20 million people and Jamaica has 2 gold medals but a population of like 5.

Last edited:
Anyone seen the olympic table when it takes the population of the country into account? The medal density.

China are miles down there. NZ are top, Australia are in top few. GB are pretty high. US are mid table etc etc.

Anyone seen the olympic table when it takes the population of the country into account? The medal density.

China are miles down there. NZ are top, Australia are in top few. GB are pretty high. US are mid table etc etc.

I saw this on the BBC site

According to Channel 4, if the table were calculated by population, Slovenia would be top ahead of Jamaica, with Australia sixth and Britain 17th - although they have worked it out by giving three points for gold, two for silver etc.

No one goes by that density chart.

If you really want to know whos winning you go by the point system

Gold = 3 points
Silver = 2 points
Bronze = 1 point

China = 183 points
USA = 157 points

American gymnasts were getting robbed of their golds.

Look at the reactions of the Chinese gymnasts when they mess up and the Americans when they mess up. The Chinese mostly cry, probably because they aren't any good to anyone unless they win. The Americans seem much more mature and able to recompose themselves. The Chinese make one mistake, and everything sort of goes out the window from there.

Look at the reactions of the Chinese gymnasts when they mess up and the Americans when they mess up. The Chinese mostly cry, probably because they aren't any good to anyone unless they win. The Americans seem much more mature and able to recompose themselves. The Chinese make one mistake, and everything sort of goes out the window from there.

The judges were favoring the ****ing chinese so much it was ridiculous.

They ended up giving Chinese Gymnasts more points even when they fell and the American gymnast didn't. And then the other night when both the Chinese and American tied in points for the gold..they give it to the Chinese, wtf kind of rule is that.

Main reason China has been getting so many golds is because since they are the host nation, they get to send someone into every event without qualifying.

Cant believe Bolt in the 200m. Broke Johnsons record and ran it in 19.30 seconds. He was miles infront of everyone else.

Its going to be YEARS before any sprinter comes close to this man.

Woot woot, I love this logic.

There is so much more pressure on the Chinese to perform especially in an event that they're traditionally good at

Back