🏋️‍♀️Science of Diet and Exercise Journal👩‍🎓

I bet the hatches are duly battened! You always seem so well prepared.
Preparation is key living in Queensland, there is a reason they always have an advertising campaign on TV etc. prior to the start of Cyclone season, Cyclones are difficult to predict, when they begin to form you get a bit of prep time but usually you don't know exactly where it will cross the coast. The wide range in the predictive path means everybody needs to prepare. Even if an area does not get a direct hit the rain and flooding in the outer areas can be extreme. Predicted paths can change at the last minute so until it is all over everybody is on alert.

The big prep items for us are the generator for expected power outages,, the chainsaw to deal with any fallen trees, food for both humans and animals because we will get cut off from town and the town will get cut off from main supply lines., In particular non refrigerated non frozen food need to be stocked. Our extra freezer in the shed is empty and off at the moment so we don't have to worry about food losses there if/when we loose power and our generator will run our regular fridge and water pump along with some electronic devices but it won't run the AC. We do have 2 large fans which run on battery packs which are always kept charged.

From everything I am reading this one is going to be big, so the coastline affected is 1000s of kms long

Little miss is back at school tomorrow, but I am sure they will cover storm safety this week, in the same way the kids are taught about snake safety and fire safety. (In a cyclone snakes seek out dry areas which means more encounters in homes)

Just had an interesting conversation with my GP (he is also a friend)

I have often used horse liniment off label on the sidelines for sporting events for athlete muscles because it is more effective than the common over the counter creams and gels however I have just been instructed by the Doc to mix it with Voltaren which on it's own doesn't do much because it is too superficial. The mix will allow the liniment to draw the voltaren deep into the joint to hit the pain where it is needed.

I guess it will be a trip to the stockfeed store to pick up more Rapigel because if it can draw the voltaren in to reduce the pain from the torn meniscus and other issues it will make me very happy.

It is good to have a GP that sees alternative treatments as an option.

Sweltering through insane heat and humidity, AC is working overtime with all the doors in the house closed and it is still tooooo hot.

I saw the forecast on last night's ABC news. That is mind-boggling! 🤞
As I said before, all we can do is wait and see, we have about a weeks worth of fuel for the generator and about the same for stock feed. food may not last a full week but we will still be doing our regular shop before it all arrives which will see us through foodwise once we get cut off. Chainsaw fuel is unlikely to run out.

There is one creek crossing that will get flooded between home and school for little miss.

The new flood proof highway bypass is not quite complete but would provide emergency access north and south of town but our road will flood in multiple places.

Little miss enjoyed being back at school yesterday.

Looks like we will dodge the worst of it with the updated forecast but it is windy today and we may still get flooding rain from the weekend onwards.

Rocky is finally beginning to heal from his torn claw, he looks sooo depressed wearing the cone of shame to minimise the licking and removal of the bandage.

Little miss had another great day at school and is sitting on the lounge chair with one of the guinea pigs in a snuggle pouch.

I am still suffering from the humidity but have dropped 5 kg in the last couple of weeks from not only pulling my nutrition back into shape but also a lack of appetite in the heat.

Little miss has a paediatrician appointment on the 7th and D is set to have surgery on the 8th. then I need to buy physiotherapy textbooks. This degree is a very multidisciplinary

Looks like we will dodge the worst of it with the updated forecast but it is windy today and we may still get flooding rain from the weekend onwards.
That's a relief!
Rocky is finally beginning to heal from his torn claw, he looks sooo depressed wearing the cone of shame to minimise the licking and removal of the bandage.
Aww, poor Rocky 🐶 :(
Little miss had another great day at school and is sitting on the lounge chair with one of the guinea pigs in a snuggle pouch.
Sweet!
I am still suffering from the humidity but have dropped 5 kg in the last couple of weeks from not only pulling my nutrition back into shape but also a lack of appetite in the heat.
I hate humidity, but you have done well, Tru 👏

hot and steamy again today, minimal appetite. Just watched idiots on the news kite surfing the cyclonic surf conditions.

Struggling to keep up water and sodium intake, I need extra of both as I sweat it out.

I don't usually eat salted nuts but I have today.

Do you still mix up your electrolyte drink, Tru? I get cramps after golf & am trying to drink more water & will need to start taking something salty with me I think. Is the weather crazy up where you are now?

Do you still mix up your electrolyte drink, Tru? I get cramps after golf & am trying to drink more water & will need to start taking something salty with me I think. Is the weather crazy up where you are now?

weather is wet but calm, this cyclone has has some very odd behaviours for example the worst rain is usually on the south east quadrant of the cyclone, this one has the intense rain in the north west quadrant.

I still keep electrolytes in the pantry if needed but I am usually ok, I have not had any cramping issues lately despite the weather.

Shoulder is feeling semi ok at the moment despite the reek of horse liniment. Knee is hanging in there, just have to tackle it all a bit at time.

Calm is good. I hope it stays that way.
My diet is low-salt, on advice from my cardio, so I'm inclined to get cramps when I play golf. I'll make sure I have an electrolyte drink next time, rather than plain water.

It has been solid rain all day

I currently smell like a stable lol or a men's sport changing room, the horse liniment smell is strong, slathered onto knee and shoulder mixed with Voltaren emulgel

D had to rub it into the back of my shoulder, he was smart enough to use gloves with suggestions he would like to rub further to the front. I have see the after effects of people applying deep heat to sensitive areas, it is humorous to watch. Liniment is a lot stronger and going nowhere near nipple level.

knee is feeling good, shoulder feeling the heat lol but pain is down. It is not a fix but it is helping.

D had to rub it into the back of my shoulder, he was smart enough to use gloves with suggestions he would like to rub further to the front. I have see the after effects of people applying deep heat to sensitive areas, it is humorous to watch. Liniment is a lot stronger and going nowhere near nipple level.
That made me chuckle. Definitely better to be careful, even for people who ARE into that kind of thing.

How are you, Tru? Did everything turn out right?

Back