🏋️‍♀️Science of Diet and Exercise Journal👩‍🎓

I hope R bounces back quickly, Tru. This new strain of Covid has knocked me about way more than the last time I had it. I've had 5 vaccinations now. It seems like Covid won't be going away any time soon, but people are so complacent about it.
I love the unicorn!

Last couple of days I have managed to finally get my eating back on track but lacking energy combined with period cramps is not great.

Picked up little misses school book pack from the newsagent today, now I have a heap of books to cover sometime during the week.

Warhammer TOW became available for pre-orders today, I will have to use legacy rules for my Skaven but son D is going to buy the Brettonian starter box to get the new rulebook etc. along with the models which will form an army for little miss. D, Son D and myself just need to put new bases on our models to match with the new game rules. For me that means rebasing hundreds of rat models and building mini dioramas on some of the new war machine bases because my old metal versions of some models are soooo much smaller than the new plastic versions.

I cannot stress enough how wonderful I think it that you make it possible for Little Miss to participate in everything remotely possible. Also: rats are cool :D

I cannot stress enough how wonderful I think it that you make it possible for Little Miss to participate in everything remotely possible. Also: rats are cool :D

How do kids decide what the like and don't like if they are not exposed to lots of experiences to choose from ? from different sports to different foods, different hobbies. If there is something she doesn't like it is not the end of the world. I personally don't like dancing, she loves it. She has decided she doesn't like football (soccer) after learning to play at school but she does like hockey.

How many adults say they don't like participating in sport because they did not have the opportunity as a kid to find one they like ? a lot of adults become set in their ways and won't try new things even if they know it may help their general health and wellbeing.

not much happening, helped son pick mangoes this morning and little miss loved climbing the trees and putting the mangoes in buckets. Most of the mangoes were 1kg plus in size.

Mango fresh from the tree sounds like the best thing ever.

He Visits My Town Once a Year
Amir Khusrow (Probably, anyway. And probably vaguely around 1300 CE)

He visits my town once a year.

He fills my mouth with kisses and nectar.

I spend all my money on him.

Who, girl, your man?

No, a mango.

Back onto cyclone watch to see when the new cyclone forms off the coast, hubby mentioned tonight that he had seen forecasts of a possible Bundaberg area landfall which is close enough to need to watch it closely when it forms probably on the weekend and see what the various models say about its predicted path.

At that distance we would cop the outer edges and considering how fickle the movement is for these things if it crosses a little further south we could well have a chance of facing a full force cyclone. Time to double check our cyclone supplies and make sure we have enough fuel for the generator in jerry cans for an extended power outage.

for those not familiar with Queensland geography, Bundy is commute distance for some of my friends for work.

Tomorrow I try to get the timetable I want for uni then I will be trying out a new adjustable kettlebell D got for me when he saw it t the shops.

🤞 It looks like you are experiencing a similar storm to us at the moment. There's thunder & lightning now & it's bucketing down.

Best of luck for you and everyone else potentially in the cyclone's path.

It takes days to form and move so plenty of time to make sure everything is ready.

🤞 It looks like you are experiencing a similar storm to us at the moment. There's thunder & lightning now & it's bucketing down.

The weather is so unstable, we caught a break in the rain yesterday evening to pick up little misses new secondhand bed. It is a timber loft bed with desk and cupboard under one end. It has taken most of the day to get it half assembled. Once done she will have more space in her room and a private desk to do her school work on.

it is sooooo humid between rain showers it is hard to get anything done.

Uni timetable is sorted, now to come up with the money to buy the physiotherapy text books for one of my subjects, the other I already have the textbook because it was used in a pre rec subject.

The bed sounds good, Tru. I hate assembling stuff though.
Humidity would be hard to live with. It saps your energy.

1705472836164.png

It is a secondhand version of this bed, purchased for $50, however it is a jigsaw to build, although we found instruction on the store website that sells them new.

She'll love it, I'm sure. Being able to hide away is amazing at any age but especially as a young kid.

The cyclone threat is becoming so much more real, this video of the latest forecast data from the BOM

https://fb.watch/pHdJlrKNAu/

it shows a predicted coast crossing to the north, weakening inland before rebuilding strength as it moves back to the coast with a direct hit on us as it returns to sea.

I bet the hatches are duly battened! You always seem so well prepared.

Back