🏋️‍♀️Science of Diet and Exercise Journal👩‍🎓

It was one hell of a hill climb lol I don't think the quick phone video shows how high this hill is but you can see Noosa Heads in the distance. I was puffing a bit getting to the top and the walk back down had to be taken very carefully. I walked 8km this morning but I now know where to park closer to the start point, I will need to strap little misses potty to the backpack, as I am not sure how she would handle not having access to a toilet.

it was 31 degree when I got back to the car, which dropped to 28 once I started to drive through the rainforest on the way home.

It doesn't show how steep it is but it does look lovely!

After some discussion with son 3 and D it has been decided to book a more conventional national park campsite, it won't involve hiking to get to it, it will have toilets but water on site will need to be treated. She will be able to have a camp fire rather than just the cooking stove and will be able to paddle in the creek to cool down and there is a short rainforest hike If we want to do it without a heavy pack. Like many places in the area there is no phone reception.

The heat and the size of the hill of the first site made us unsure if she could make it without us needing to carry her up the hill, it can wait till she is a little older.

I used an estimated 3700 calories during the hike.

The alternate plan does sound like a better one for her. Your hike was a good distance, Tru.

just chilling out today, still need to cut some firewood for the camping next week. D resorted to wearing headphones last night and my throat is a little sore.

Somebody at the hardware store this morning complained that I didn't need to gloat, simply because I am wearing my Eels jersey today lol, I have a jersey for each day of the week leading up to the grand final
:hurray::hurray::party:😍🏉

It would add up to a small fortune I would imagine, with airfares & accommodation without paying for the tickets if you could get them. Barracking from home is fun & safe. Go the Eels!

not much happening today, had to strap son 3s ankle this morning as it was sore from a busy night at work last night and he needed to be functional again today, something about customers booked in to arrive by helicopter for the live music.

Ouch. Is he hypermobile?
yes, he is, his shoulders are the worst, he is no stranger to Physiotherapist visits, but not normally for his ankles. He is home now and the ankle is feeling better than it did this morning which is good. He has the next few days off and our camping so, as long as he gives it adequate rest I don't foresee any major problems.

Excellent. I feel like hypermobility issues are more common among autistic folks than among the neurotypical for some reason.

not much happening today, had to strap son 3s ankle this morning as it was sore from a busy night at work last night and he needed to be functional again today, something about customers booked in to arrive by helicopter for the live music.
Working behind a bar is so hard on your feet & ankles. It's all that twisting & turning. I'm glad it's feeling better for him.

Excellent. I feel like hypermobility issues are more common among autistic folks than among the neurotypical for some reason.

part of the reason for him building strong muscle was to counter some of the hypermobility issues and it has helped but he still likes the sick look on peoples faces when while keeping his arms straight rotates them to stick straight out behind him before continuing the rotation to step through his clasped hands and bring his arms back to the start position.

One of my PT classmates used to do that. Half of a twin and the other half was just as mobile. Very glad your son started working on stability so early.

We are home from the camping trip, set up went well, time spent playing in the creek, and some short easy hikes except for the end of the loop.

Son 3 had scouted the track and said there were some big rocks to cross the creek to get back to the camp ground, in reality they were half submerged and covered in slippery moss, after removing boots and socks the rocks under the thigh deep water were a mix of flat slippery rock and small sharp stones, next time I will keep my boat shoes in the pack list lol.

Roasted marshmallow and cooked on the fire. Then a severe storm rolled in, sat in the car playing a DS till the lightening had passed before getting into the tents which were not troubled by the rain or wind, but at midnight little miss woke me up because the storm was back, climbed out of the tent and back into the car, then the storm hit big time with a lot of close strikes they were blinding.

when the weather clears I need to get our tents out of the car and put them up to dry properly before they can be packed away in their bags. Packing up in the rain this morning means everything is wet.

Little miss would like to go camping again but not in a storm.

I will share video and pics once I get the go-pro out of the car. I should have got some video of the storm but did not think of it at the time.

Did Son 3's ankle hold up well? I'd assume hiking to be easier than stsnding and walking on hard, even surfaces all day.
it was fine, it was easy walking and by strapping it before it became a bigger problem helped a lot, his only problem this morning is being tired from lack of sleep, it makes it hard to sleep when lightening is making it very very bright.

Back