🏋️‍♀️Science of Diet and Exercise Journal👩‍🎓

Happy birthday! Hope you enjoyed the calm before the storm and the wedge tail didn't manage to get to the chickens.

Wedge Tail eagles are not a bird to be messed with lol they are huge but it is great to have them nesting on the property, They are a species of bird that mates for life, I think it was the male I saw today, the other one is bigger and females are larger than males. The chickens were huddled inside the coop but we have netting over the entire run area which keeps out the wedgies and the goannas from climbing down the trees into the run. The fence is dug into the ground so foxes cannot dig under. However we don't see many foxes as the eagles hunt them. Small snakes can still get in but the mesh fence is small enough to keep the big snakes out.

I have not seen any magpies, currawongs or kookaburras lately but the wedgies are probably keeping them away.

I need new netting over my garden as the kangaroos ate the tops off a lot of plants last night.

very wet again today.

6 peafowl eggs went into the incubator this afternoon. no coaching this arvo because there are some road closures.

into the final stretch this semester with exams on the 7 and 11th of November.

feeling tired but I did get into town to buy one of little misses birthday presents, a musical dancing ballerina jewelry box. We still need to get her a new bike, she has out grown the old one. Son 3 got her an archery set lol with flashing lights.

EMERGENCY ALERT for GYMPIE as at 6:10pm Fri 21 Oct
An Emergency Alert (Advice) has been issued by the Gympie Regional Council for residents in the Gympie Local Government area.

Here we go again, I seriously hope we don't end up with major flooding again, it is bad enough that soo many places in Aus are flooded at the moment, we don't need flood number 4 for the year here.

time to crash, final assignment done for the semester, going to bed to fall asleep to the sound of pounding rain on the tin roof as the heavy rain from tonight's warning settles in.

Also seems the phone alert for the flood warning system has just come through on my phone.

Cate: how is the flood situation for your town going ?

Here we go again, I seriously hope we don't end up with major flooding again, it is bad enough that soo many places in Aus are flooded at the moment, we don't need flood number 4 for the year here.
Oh, no! The sound of pounding rain on the roof again.
Cate: how is the flood situation for your town going ?
At the moment it's a watch & alert for our local town & currently, it's not raining. All of the catchments are so high & there's just nowhere for it to go. It seems settled out there & doesn't feel like a storm coming.
G & I personally are lucky to live where we do. We're staying home for the weekend.
Stay safe, Tru. Poor Gympie!

we are in a similar situation with living on a hill, so we get some damage from fast flowing water but not flooding. The bitumen on our driveway is lifting in a couple of places.

it is 7:30 am and it is still solid rain, I am surprised I still have internet lol. Warnings are to stay off the roads, but I was not planning on going out in this anyway. lots of local creeks are already over local roads and the SES were out last night. the main river is supposed to start hitting flood levels this morning and then continue to ride with heavy rain and dangerous storm cells predicted throughout the weekend.

The ground was still sooooo saturated from last time there is no ability for any for this rain to soak in, it is all going into the rivers and creeks which have come up super fast.

Most of the flooding here comes from the rain in the upper catchments. Our shared driveway is not properly sealed but has not been damaged much luckily. It needs some work before next year & we'll discuss that with our neighbour soon.
It's starting to feel stormier here now & rain isn't far away again. I think we can expect these storm events more often. People need financial help to build away from flood-prone areas.

I was just reading that the TCB golf club has recorded 560 mil overnight (22 inches for the metric challenged) and the SES has posted online asking for help filling sandbags. We have a brief lull in the rain at the moment but BOM has just renewed all the warnings. The system is moving very slowly.

D picked up the bike for little miss this morning, now we just have to keep it all hidden till next week. We are looking at having her go skating with her friends as a small birthday party depending on how many are flooded.

560 mm? That is very hard to get your head around! That’s mind-boggling. Poor Q’land 😢

waking up, it is still raining but I don't think it was anything near as heavy as forecast last night which is a good thing. but who knows what it was like in town or etc.

my appetite was through the roof yesterday but at least I didn't eat junk

It's windy & rainy here, but also not as heavy as they predicted 🤞
Well done on not eating junk,

I have been busy this week, little miss has her 5th birthday on Wednesday. I have all my marks for assessment pieces now, and the stress is off for both end of semester exams with only needing another 1/2 a mark to pass the subject and 40 marks up for grabs in the exam I am now relaxed about both exams.

I have exchanged business cards with a registered dietitian for mutual referrals.

There was a storm last night, we only had rain, did not lose power or internet. but in town it was described as a mini cyclone, trees down all over the place and big areas without power, some still have not got power now. Our place is sheltered by the hills around us from most storms, the same hills that prevent phone TV and internet reception, I don't mind that trade off.

Unbelievable that little Miss is 5 already! Did you manage to keep the surprises hidden until the big day? Awesome work on your grades, as always, and a little bit of extra networking can only be a good thing as well.

You're blitzing your course, Tru. Well done!
It does seem amazing that little miss will be 5 on Wednesday. 5?! Where did that go?
That does sound like a good trade-off. We're similar here.

yep, managed to keep everything hidden, she rode her new bike at the park today, a lot faster than the old bike I was at jogging pace to keep up now, 3 laps around the duck pond, dodging swans and other birds, roughly 3 km.

Fishing tomorrow, I picked up a fillet knife and hook pliers in town this morning just in case she catches anything.

little miss is looking forward to the re-opening of a playground which was destroyed in the flooding, the new play equipment is being built now and it is a kids sized ninja warrior obstacle course.

Back