🏋️‍♀️Science of Diet and Exercise Journal👩‍🎓

little miss is looking forward to the re-opening of a playground which was destroyed in the flooding, the new play equipment is being built now and it is a kids sized ninja warrior obstacle course.
:eek: That sounds bloody amazing! A far cry from what we had growing up. Sometimes I'm jealous of the options kids have now but I guess they also have a lot of crap going on we didn't have to worry about yet.

Anything that keeps them away from endlessly playing game consoles or watching TV is a good thing. not that games are bad but a lot of kids now never venture outside to play, and many have poor imagination for making up games. Childcare has pointed out that little miss has an abundance of imagination making up her own games that others want to play compared to most of the other kids who need somebody else to come up with the ideas. At the park today, the fort was her princess castle to defend from an attacking dragon.

That's so sad. I know when I worked out at the park with a friend (y'know, in the before times) there were always young kids coming up asking to play along who before we started were hanging around their bench-sitting parents and it makes me sad. (Also it's kind of annoying because of course you can't get anything done from that point on but also as PTs we can't say no to kids actually wanting to move.) So I do understand what you mean. Poor rich kids, regardless of income.

She used a new word tonight, I had just setup the fishing rod with a running line to catch bream and flathead tomorrow. When I leaned the rod against the cupboard the rod fell over and little miss looked at me and exclaimed "Bugger" lol

it could have been a lot worse for her word choice

needed something to cheer me up tonight.

Oh, Tru. That is so cute. We used to say bugger a lot when I was young. That would have been so funny. R, when he was about 5, in exasperation said "Je_sus, bl_oody Christ!" & I nearly died but managed not to laugh. I could hear me saying it & I don't think I said it again.
Sending you a hug. Don't let the buggers get you down :grouphug:

Sending you a hug. Don't let the buggers get you down

While I was out fishing the neighbour who did it brought his gun and dogs onto our property to try to convince us he didn't do it, pointing out a pile of feathers saying a predator did it, however, there were no feathers in the spot yesterday when it happened and were in a neat little pile (D searched that area) . If I had been here and not just hubby I would have gone apeshit crazy with him bringing his gun onto the property without permission.

like I said on facebook, animal predators don't open and close pen gates, no holes in the wire, no dig marks and no feathers at the cage.

We know he has been looking for a way to make a quick buck and had been researching how much white peahens were worth. He thought our juvenile male was a hen. Little miss is upset we no longer have snowball.

Did I miss something? Your neighbor stole/killed one of your birds?!

in short - yes

yesterday afternoon snowball our juvenile white male went "missing" from a predator proof pen and the gate was closed, hubby found feathers in a pile next to the fence to our neighbours, no blood, then further in near our neighbours home was another pile of feathers. hubby spoke to neighbour who denied it and claimed he though snowball was a hen. The same neighbour who was complaining about the cost of hens especially white hens a few days ago and is short of money to fix his car. when hubby got back from the neighbours hubby, myself and friends I was coach heard a gunshot from the neighbours place (an air rifle). This morning when I went out he showed up with his gun (an air rifle) and dogs and tried to convince hubby he had not taken the bird by showing him a new patch of feather with a very specific comment "there is blood" but the feathers were in a neat little pile not the way a predator would leave them and with only a tiny spec of blood and in a spot hubby had checked when looking for snowball yesterday.

We cannot prove anything but pens are now chained and padlocked, we would not put it past him to try again but predators don't use bolt cutters.

We have seen our neighbours animal cruelty first hand when his recently purchased blue male peacock flew away to our place, being good neighbours we helped by catching it, but when he came to collect it he wrapped sticky tape around the bird and left a pile of feathers in our pen during the process. That bird has escaped again, is missing yet more feathers and is hanging around in our other neighbours place.

on a more positive note, we have 5 viable eggs in the incubator after candling them last night and removing egg number 6 which had a blood ring, they won't be white but they will carry 1 copy of the white gene if we can raise them to maturity.

Those poor birds (both Snowball and his bird). And probably poor dogs as well. Some people should just be banned from keeping animals.

I don't have a problem with guns as such, I have been around guns my whole life and I am a good shot at the target range, but ever since my father threatened to shoot me and the kids quite a few years ago I am against the carrying of guns for no reason. We have allowed one of our other neighbours to bring his gun onto the property to hunt down some feral pigs which were digging up his macadamia plantation but bringing a gun to my property for no good reason is a recipe for me to get very cranky and the police involved.

Today will be spent in exam prep. I need to put together and print a formula sheet etc.

Daria- Carpet Python.jpg

Little miss has named the python living in my gym Daria. We think it is female, unlike most snakes carpet pythons look after their eggs. for perspective the width across the photo is about 2 metres.

Daria is a magnificent creature. I'm not looking forward to seeing our resident snakes(all venomous of course.) I love carpet pythons. They would create havoc with our little birds though.

Daria is a magnificent creature. I'm not looking forward to seeing our resident snakes(all venomous of course.) I love carpet pythons. They would create havoc with our little birds though.
From what I have read, you don't have carpet pythons in Tassy. They don't hunt birds, they lay in wait for rats, mice and possums. This one looks to have a possum sized bulge from a recent meal.

I much prefer to find this in the gym rather than all the venomous one we have here.

We don’t. It’s probably too cold for them. I wonder why they don’t eat birds. They possibly would eat Archie though :eek:

they are a slow moving snake, we have had one interested in day old chicks, so I guess it is not so much that they don't eat birds but the usual diet is small mammals and they lay in wait for prey to come to them (they are ambush hunters), they also see in infrared. They will also eat cats, dogs and wallabies. So yes Archie is an ideal meal size for a big python.

I just got an email from the Uni, it was an invite to consider choosing a research project to do the Science Honours program.

I need to dig through and find the right research project team for my interests.

Back