🏋️‍♀️Science of Diet and Exercise Journal👩‍🎓

Ow! I hope it heals quickly. Is it super humid up your way? We're having a real summer this year.

yes, very humid, lots of storms of an afternoon.

hubby and I have been rejuvenating the extra large chook enclosure, putting in internal dividers. just need to put bird netting over the first bit 8 X 4 m (84 square meters) and it will be ready to move little misses chickens into with space for 2 more sections of similar size.

apparently 1 square meter per hen is minimum preferably 2 square meters per hen so this first refurbished section of chook pen can have 32 hens in it before it starts to be a bit crowded.

not a lot happening, 2 chooks now in the refurbished pen and will move 2 more in later today. course outlines have been put online for my uni subjects ready for start of semester in 2 weeks.

We have some petrified chickens hiding in their shelter this afternoon, now I know what we are dealing with. Son 3 saw a pair of wedgetail eagles trying to get the chooks. The eagles stood above waist height when on the ground.

That's terrifying! Let's hope they give up soon.
The eagles won't be going anywhere, hubby tells me their nest is on the far side of our big dams. Wedgetail eagles mate for life and re-use the same nest each year. The are also territorial.

this is one of the reasons we added netting over the whole chook run as part of the refurbishment. the eagles cannot get in but they can still terrorise the chickens,

I'd hoped they'd understand they can't get in after the first couple of times and go hunt elsewhere. But I guess birds that aren't corvids or parrots aren't all that clever.

my burn is slowly healing but still unable to hold a bar properly, spent time on rower

Hopefully it will heal soon, Tru.

I don't do things in half measures lol, the skin over the blister is starting to harden I just don't want to have it break and let infection in. I am not in any pain now.

another quiet day, bandage is off my burn, cannot feel any fluid under blister but the area is very sensitive to touch. Spent time reading my textbook to start getting on top of the content for Uni.

Great job keeping the skin intact until the fluid was resorbed. I'm terrible at that but then my blisters are generally on my feet.

That's great that the skin hasn't broken, Tru & the burn is healing well. Another quiet day wouldn't be hard to take :)

Last months minor flood was just a precursor to todays flooding, we are cut off in one direction, so son 3 cannot get to work and little miss cannot get to childcare. the other direction was cut off to town this morning but has dropped a little so hubby made it into work but lots more rain forecast today that bridge is likely to go under again . compared to last month this time the rain has been super heavy in the upper catchment not just the lower catchment. lots of rescues happening from flood water and a train derailment. Just going to stay in place today and read my textbook.

Sounds like a plan, Tru. There's not much else you can do. I'm glad you are safe (on high ground) & well prepared.

Sounds like a plan, Tru. There's not much else you can do. I'm glad you are safe (on high ground) & well prepared.
hubby just made it home via a flood access road that closed due to flooding less than 5 minutes after he made it through, we done our main grocery shopping yesterday so fully stocked

Back