🏋️‍♀️Science of Diet and Exercise Journal👩‍🎓

I struggle to get enough sodium in my diet, because I am eating almost no processed food I have to remember to add salt. Not enough salt and I end up with cramps especially if I am sweating a lot in this heat.

Makes sense, especially with your keto diet.
Bench Press - failed on 2nd working set with a hamstring cramp, this is why I use a competition bench with correctly set safety bars
Oof, that could go very wrong. Glad you're the safe kind.

I have been a bit lazy with my electrolytes so I only have myself to blame.

Not much happening today, had a look online for the text book I will need this semester and got some cleaning done.

I'm inclined to get cramps as my cardio advised me to really limit my salt intake. I have been drinking some diet tonic water & have some quinine tablets for when I get really bad cramps. I take magnesium every day. I must do some more homework.

I'm inclined to get cramps as my cardio advised me to really limit my salt intake. I have been drinking some diet tonic water & have some quinine tablets for when I get really bad cramps. I take magnesium every day. I must do some more homework.

The problem for me is I eat almost no processed food, and don't usually cook with salt. When I track my food more often than not my sodium intake is below 1000 mg

I eat a fair amount of chicken which has 82 mg per 100 grams, beef is even less, most fresh veg is even less again, I have had some rice noodles recently which are a bit higher in carbs but have only 19 mg of sodium per 100 grams. So I have to eat an awful lot to reach the healthy minimum of 1500 mg.

Today I think I will get enough salt because my current batch of biltong is ready, I use 2 teaspoons of salt (4650 mg of sodium) to make the whole batch which is roughly 500 grams of fresh beef when hung to cure, I will usually eat that over the period of a week.

On another topic

Hubby is out searching for a RAT

I am coughing, my chest is congested and I woke up with a headache, felt fine yesterday.

I assume you don´t mean the rodent?
RAT = Rapid Antigen Test

hubby could not find one, not going out in public anyway but it would have been good to know if this is just a bad common cold or not.

I wish I could just pack up a box of tests and send them over... It's just insane that you can't get any.

I managed to get a couple in Launceston for free before they closed it down, by saying our grandson had been to our house for dinner (true) & his housemate has COVID-19(true) but stretched the truth with the timing. They would only let us have 2 tests between us. The tests I ordered online on the 30th of Dec arrived just the other day. I paid $50 for 4.
Our government sucks!
I hope it is just a cold, Tru. I feel we have all been thrown under a bus. They just don’t want to know.

I was lucky that I had a friend who had access to some through his work and he dropped one off in my mailbox.

I have been lurking but not posting, been busy with appointments for little miss mainly speech therapy, pediatrician and a hearing test yesterday down the coast. Burned my thumb today getting chicken out of the oven.

I think you’re always busy. Hope you didn’t burn yourself badly!
Thumb is badly blistered but the pain has finally settled down this arvo. I was using a folded tea-towel to get my chicken out of the oven and my thumb slipped.

Ow! I hope it heals quickly. Is it super humid up your way? We're having a real summer this year.

Back