🏋️‍♀️Science of Diet and Exercise Journal👩‍🎓

Looks like we will cop it tonight on top of the existing flooding

staying safe but hubby and son 3 had to go to work despite conditions, expected flood peak for river in town is 22 meters

The highest flood ever recorded occurred on 2 February 1893 when the river peaked at 25.45 m. Gympie was declared a natural disaster area during the 1999 floods. The river peaked at 21.9 m then.

I don't know how often I will be able to check in for a while, no satellite for TV or Internet, no radio reception, have managed to get a little bit of internet by rigging up my phone outside with a rain cover over it. This could be a record breaking flood. shops in CBD are trying to evacuate but the flood waters are bubbling up through storm water drains and old mine shafts. Son made it back from work but the road to Tin Can Bay is now closed again, hubby is still at work at the high school which is on skeleton staff to look after the kids.

It looks terrible, Tru. I'm glad you're safe & hope that hubby gets home safely & no more lives are lost. It has been on our local news.

my internet is back I am isolated, hubby is stuck in town which is also isolated in all directions, he is helping to move stuff out of shops in the CBD while waiting for flash flooding to clear so he can get home. the river is still a long way from its peak yet but businesses have been informed that it will be higher than the 99 floods.

This is a video of the road I live on taken by a local this arvo.

Hubby is home now the flash flooding has dropped at the intersection shown in video. there was a break in the weather for a little bit but pouring again now, over 400mm of rain in the last 10 hours right across the catchment. All shops in CBD have been emptied.

I just saw drone pics taken at 8 am this morning at the 20 meter mark, the CBD and other large areas are under water the river has risen over 1/2 a meter since then, not expected to peak till Monday, still raining in catchment. we are cut off in all directions as are most people out in rural areas, lots of little islands in a sea of flood water.

Wow…devastating. Hope you are safe.
thanks Vic, We are safe, just cut off, all the roads are cut between us and anywhere else, towns throughout the area are all cut off. Lot of people have lost everything including some who have lost their lives there is a bloke and his 4x4 missing in floodwaters on our road. Lot of people who are on islands of safety but have no electricity. Isolated pockets of trucks stuck on the highway with no food or clean water.

It is still raining and the river is still rising. Roads are not expected to be open again till mid next week.

Things could start getting very bad in town tonight. just watched the briefing by our states premier with orders for 700 homes to be evacuated before nightfall. rain is forecast in the next 24 hours to be equivalent to what has already hit us. It has been described as potentially catastrophic level flooding, we are already well over major flood levels. We would help with the evacuations but we are cut off and of no help to anybody.

Everyone in town would know that D would be there helping if he could. Fingers crossed for Gympie, Tru!

The rain bucketed down last night most areas got 600 mil and some areas of the catchment was hit with over 1000 mil overnight. flood level is just under 23 meters and rising. hubby and son 3 are out checking the flash flooding in Goomboorian where the man died yesterday to see if it is clear for son to get to work but I think it unlikely as the roads in the other direction towards Gympie are all closed including the flood access road. this will be a historic flood.

Back