🏋️‍♀️Science of Diet and Exercise Journal👩‍🎓

Hubby is out doing flood cleanup again today and tomorrow but I don't think he will be standing in the river to clean off his boots and cool his feet today after a timely reminder about the Crocodiles in that section of river yesterday lol Crocs are rare as far upstream where we are but further downstream where he is doing cleanup they are more common.

Little mis is excited to go to her second martial arts lesson this arvo, her whole face lit up when she was told that she gets to go again.

My head is a bit fuzzy this morning with a slight headache, I have been having a little too much caffeine, cut back down yesterday and feeling the withdrawal today, I will try to cut it out completely this week to give my body a break.

After I drop little miss off to childcare shortly I will stop at the shed when I get back to do a solid training session before it gets too hot.

Crocs really freak me out.
I love that little miss is going to martial arts classes and loves them. I really wish our GK's would get into sport. Martial arts would be wonderful.
Do you get hayfever, Tru? I've been getting headaches lately & have had a scratchy throat on & off & think it's hayfever.

Do you get hayfever, Tru? I've been getting headaches lately & have had a scratchy throat on & off & think it's hayfever.

I don't get hayfever but do have asthma which is aggravated by smoke rather than pollen. Like you I also react to perfumes and other strong scents, just not quite as bad as you.

Little miss is the youngest in the class but she soaks up information like a sponge so now is the time to learn. I started when I was 5. Practicing the student creed each lesson will also help her language skills which are the only thing that is not quite at a normal level of development.

Hubby told me how heartbreaking it was clearing mud today, most of the crew spent time dragging a lifetime of memorabilia and keepsakes out of flooded homes to be tossed into skip bins, lives ruined. The reason his station is covering the area they were in today is because the first officer of the brigade from that small town was killed when his tinny flipped over in flood water while looking for his cattle. Hubby will be back out again tomorrow.

D & his workmates are legends, Tru. I think he's amazing and I'm very grateful for the work our volunteers do in this country.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33063309/ This would have been an interesting study, but it fails to take the participants regular diet into account, each subject could have vastly different diets outside of the protein and carbs they were given as supplements.

I am a fan of cutting out the carbs but studies like this do not help.

Little miss is at home today, she has a sniffly nose this morning, so no childcare just to be safe.

Hubby just called to tell me he bumped elbows with Albo and had a chat during the cleanup, said he was good to talk to, much better bloke than our Dropkick PM (probably the politest term I can use for the &^#$%!&)

I will do some rowing later, no lifting with little miss at home and not feeling her best.

Edit: just had a look, hubby can be seen walking behind the press conference lol

Last edited:
We had ours on Saturday. I think Albo is a good bloke. It’s a shame he doesn’t come across so well on TV. I read his biography & now feel quite certain his heart is in the right place. We need a good person in charge of our country.

I think Albo is a good bloke. It’s a shame he doesn’t come across so well on TV.

No forced handshakes from Albo, I don't think his press conference made it to the news, Rupert's media makes sure of that, I did watch it online and spotted hubby walking past in the background.

This mornings training

Warmup: RAMP including a step routine to get the heart rate up for the duration of "Mambo No 5"

Bulgarian Split Squats
Zercher Squat super set with SLDL

Sweating profusely I have to chase down the location of either the battery pack or my extension lead for the industrial fan I have in the shed. Hubby has taken them to use elsewhere and the temp and humidity in the shed today was insane.

Timetable sorted for the semester, both subjects are health and ethics focussed so nothing exciting. "Think Health" and "Behavioural Health" are my 2 subjects. J is sure I am going to have a lot of eye rolling moments this semester. They are both 1st year subjects that were not part of my Diploma so my subject progression is out of step with those who have not done the diploma first but having said that I would not have done it any other way because I have a broader range of knowledge compared to those who have not done the diploma first, like being able to lead outdoor expeditions and the extra psychology subjects.

Because I am on the sport science elite performance track and not the more clinical exercise physiology track, I don't have as many of these purely health based subjects to complete, after these 2 the only other physiology subject left will be "Exercise Physiology 1" and I will be able to move forward with subjects like "coaching for Elite performance" and "Biomechanics 2"

both subjects are health and ethics focussed so nothing exciting.
Depending on how it's taught ethics can be super interesting. Or extremely eyeroll-inducing :D Fingers crossed your version will be good!
I assume these topics will allow you to mostly follow along from home rather than driving all the way, right? That should save some energy at least.

Lectures will be recordings online whenever I decide to watch them, tutorials are all on Friday, with the first couple of weeks also online so I will only need to drive down to uni once per week.

Just finished a training session in this insane sub-tropical humidity and as I type it has begun to pour down with rain again.

My training today is an example of why it is important to take care of the safety aspects of training when training alone.

Warmup: RAMP, lots of mobility work on my shoulders

1A Bench Press - failed on 2nd working set with a hamstring cramp, this is why I use a competition bench with correctly set safety bars
1B Bent over row

2A Tricep Extensions minimising long head involvement (shoulder mobility issues means it is still had more activation than I would like)
2B Palloff Press (54 kg band)

3A Narrow DB Bench Press

4A DB Fly
4B DB Reverse Fly

Back