🏋️‍♀️Science of Diet and Exercise Journal👩‍🎓

Ugh on the chest issues. Fingers crossed it´s just a reaction to the heat and you don´t have pneumonia. Shame about the other chicks but nice to hear one made it.

That is a shame about the heat & feeling congested again, Tru. Do you take Vit D3 or a multi D & what strength? Most people in Tas are deficient & I was advised to take it about 10 years ago, but I remember your body doesn't convert sunshine into D3 in your body anyway. I have taken it since. I didn't realise it helps with chest congestion too.
I hope your little chick survives 🤞

A lot of people don't realise how important Vit D for many aspects of our health.

Chest is feeling better this morning, heat and humidity is oppressive, I have the AC set to 26 degrees so it does not have to work too hard and uses less electricity.

The fancy new incubator arrived today and has now got a batch of pea eggs in it. We also put booties on the peachick in the other incubator to correct his curled toes, a common problem with chicks that have a long difficult hatch and very much a learning experience for us lol in 8-10 hours hopefully the booties can come off and he will be ready to go into a brooder box.

food today has been minimal but going to cook some porterhouse for lunch.

Those are adorable. Chick in boots sounds like a fairytale spoof but I hope it helps! Do peafowl roost on branches? If they do they're probably like smaller birds that have curled-up toes as their relaxed position and have to work to straighten them.

the chick was walking with one toe on each foot at completely the wrong angle folded under the foot so was hobbling on what would be the ankle on a person. tomorrow the booties should come off and it will be ok, the bones are still soft at this age, if left the bird would be a cripple. Peafowl do roost on branches but only for sleeping rest of the time they are on the ground

There is so much to know about any animal husbandry it seems. I'm glad you have fun learning. Boots on chicks sounds so funny. Glad your chest is a bit better. Mine is still tight too, but a little better this morning.

Good news, the chicks feet look normal and it is running around the brooder box like there was never a problem. I tried to get a photo with the booties last night but the chick would not stay still long enough.

Heat and humidity today is insane mixed in with rain showers. Outside for less than 5 minutes to chase a peahen back into her pen and I was sooo sticky.

No appetite so far today, have only had a small piece of vintage cheese all morning. I am going to pop some chicken drumsticks in the oven for when I am hungry later and so D (son 3) can eat properly before he completes his brown belt grading tonight. When he completed his 10 k run up a lot of steep hills there were not enough Black Belts for the fight portion of the grading, so tonight I think there will be 4 there plus some other ranks to fight. I will be driving him into town for it because he will not be in any fit state to drive home after it is all over.

Good for you, Tru driving D into town for his brown belt. I hope he gets it 🤞
Boo to heat combined with humidity :(

brown belt.jpg

Gradings are hard enough but being the only person being graded is a lot harder, he done well earning 2 excellence tags. one for his fitness and the other for exceptional technique. His technique was at a Black Belt Standard and he only needs to learn a couple more techniques and he will be ready to grade again. My son is a perfectionist so takes extra time between choosing to grade to ensure he is perfect with what he is doing. You cannot tell how muscular he is under the Gi

The Blue and white patch on his right arm indicates he is part of the demonstration team.

Little miss is home from daycare today, they have staff shortages from Covid. She will also start martial arts training next week.

If it stops raining at all today, I will get down to the gym for a training session, I don't feel like wading through a rushing stream from the overflowing dam to train.

Congratulations from me too. Little miss will love martial arts, I'm sure. I used to love taking our older grandson when he was young. It's so good for all sorts of reasons.

Rain has not eased of at all, the remnants of the cyclone are circling, the rain eases a bit then comes back full force with wind and thunder. Hopefully power stays on. Internet is patchy.

Yes, little miss adores her big brother, My friend owns and runs the Dojo and can't wait to get little miss in there having seen how strong, flexible and balanced she is and her ability to follow instructions, she soaks up information and new skills like a sponge.

Today she spent time learning more chess from hubby, she knows what all the pieces are and knows how each one moves.

I have spent part of the day planning my timetable for the upcoming semester, hopefully my chosen time slots will be available.

Exercise: Nil
Food: good

Well this ex cyclone is really dumping the rain on us, the Mary River is expected to exceed minor flood levels early in the morning, and exceed major flood levels (15.5 Meters that's over 50') later on Saturday. The record is 25.45 meters (over 83 ft,).

Personally this won't be a problem for us but I feel for the business owners who will be emptying their stores tonight.

One of my aunts ended up with over a meter of water in her painting studio last year and since she couldn´t return for a week or two even the stuff that wasn´t below the waterline was completely moldy after. I hope everyone in the area can get their things (and themselves) to safety in time.

Personally this won't be a problem for us but I feel for the business owners who will be emptying their stores tonight.
Poor buggers. As if they don't have enough to contend with!

Back