My Road Back

Well, it's been a while since I've posted! The situation in Sydney has taken a bit of a turn, we had a big hit of the Delta strain last month and I'm not longer going to work each day (although I'm still an employee), so that has eliminated my main reason for walking... I tried the long exercise walks for a week or two and stayed well below 130kgs, but then they imposed a 10km rule and discouraged leaving your house. Outdoor exercise was allowed but I was afraid I'd have a hard time convincing the police I was doing essential exercise if I was walking along drinking a cider lol

So yeah, obviously haven't been as diligent with exercise, and given all the spare time, my diet slid as well.

Time to restart the counter and get back on track, 10kgs to the better than last time! I've hired an elliptical trainer for my daily cardio, and will be going the next three days vegetarian!

I'll edit this post tonight, but for now, the day 1 weigh in!

Day 1
28/7/2021
133.4kgs (294.1lbs)

Well, it's been a while since I've posted! The situation in Sydney has taken a bit of a turn, we had a big hit of the Delta strain last month and I'm not longer going to work each day (although I'm still an employee), so that has eliminated my main reason for walking... I tried the long exercise walks for a week or two and stayed well below 130kgs, but then they imposed a 10km rule and discouraged leaving your house. Outdoor exercise was allowed but I was afraid I'd have a hard time convincing the police I was doing essential exercise if I was walking along drinking a cider lol

So yeah, obviously haven't been as diligent with exercise, and given all the spare time, my diet slid as well.

Time to restart the counter and get back on track, 10kgs to the better than last time! I've hired an elliptical trainer for my daily cardio, and will be going the next three days vegetarian!

I'll edit this post tonight, but for now, the day 1 weigh in!

Day 1
28/7/2021
133.4kgs (294.1lbs)

Yeah, exercise during lockdown can be tricky. Does hired an elliptical mean got an elliptical machine you can use at home? (In my country we'd say "rented," and "hired" would probably mean you have a person coming to help you do some training, but I think you mean the machine.). Having an exercise machine at home was a lifesaver for me when we were shut down (and the rest of the time, for that matter).

Welcome back, guy. Haha…you could actually walk without the cider you know :)
Lol yes I know... I did it a couple of times too! Walked out to the airport actually, just to motivate me a bit more, gotta lose some pounds before my next holiday! Not just for the photos, but for the economy class seats!

I think it was more the lack of option that discouraged me... and just the doom and gloom affect of watching it all on the news.

Yeah, exercise during lockdown can be tricky. Does hired an elliptical mean got an elliptical machine you can use at home? (In my country we'd say "rented," and "hired" would probably mean you have a person coming to help you do some training, but I think you mean the machine.). Having an exercise machine at home was a lifesaver for me when we were shut down (and the rest of the time, for that matter).
Yeah, elliptical trainer machine! I'd been really good with using it too, but yesterday I didn't lol, but the eating was great!

Good to have you back and well done hitting the breaks before you were back at your original weight.

Thanks! It was a perfect storm in a way. Lockdowns happened the day Wimbledon started, and Wimbledon is my favourite sporting event, never in my life have I had the opportunity to watch it all night for the whole two weeks with no commitments in the morning. so I had these long late night TV sessions, which are terrible news for a diet.

I'd start each day off well then end up having the worst dinners!

Ate really well yesterday though!

Day 2
29/7/2021
131.6kgs (290.1lbs)

Good, within reaching distance of the 120's!

I started the day with a four egg omelette with plenty of chopped veges (baby spinach, capsicum, onion, mushroom) and spent about three hours doing yard work... it was pretty physical stuff, so didn't manage the elliptical! Had some tofu with mushroom and capsicum for dinner, and three apples over the course of the day!

Yeah, I feel like I've started to go in the right direction!
That's the main thing. We all have setbacks but as long as you get back on track as soon as you can you'll reach your goal in the end. Sounds like you had a good day!

That is certainly a good day 2, Guy. You started your day off well with all of those vegetables. I love fitting in veggies to my breakfast. I also try to avoid as much of the doom & gloom on the news as I can & try to focus on the positives. We will come through this, but I think life will be different. For one thing, you will be slimmer & fitter & will be better able to appreciate fewer restrictions on your movement.

Thanks everyone! Happy to day I backed it up with another good effort today!

Day 3
30/7/2021
129.8kgs (286.2lbs)

Did 25 minutes on the elliptical before breakfast, which was a four egg omelette loaded with chopped veggies... went and did some more yard work, and then had stir fry tofu and mushroom with veg and two diet puddings. Aldo had three apples over the course of the day again!

Day 4
31/8/2021
131.8kgs (288.8lbs)

Well, ate very healthy food but probably too much! Something to be aware of henceforth, especially spending so much more time sitting around in lockdowns!

Had my 4 egg omelette thingy with plenty of veggies, and did some yard work. Managed 25 minutes on the elliptical today and this time I decided it could only be one food option tonight, out of diet pudding or stir fry vegetables.

Diet pudding won easily lol. Had two diet puddings with a punnet of blueberries on top! Had one apple just before bed!

Just checking in to see how your going ?

Back