My Road Back

The scales will tell you that was a lot of salt, I expect. Still:

That's a healthy mindset and you're working on it.
(For reference: back in my 20s when I drank regularly 5 pints over the afternoon and evening was my absolute max and my stomach would be ruined the entire next day! Of course I was under 70 kg at the time...)
Lol, my body is pretty ruined when I overdo it! Was in very poor shape this weekend just gone, after another typical week of heavy drinking!

I hope that every day you can reduce your alcohol just a little bit, Guy & get it down to where you can take a break. Changing habits takes time & I'm glad you're back here & trying to take back control of your health.

I hope that every day you can reduce your alcohol just a little bit, Guy & get it down to where you can take a break. Changing habits takes time & I'm glad you're back here & trying to take back control of your health.
Yesterday I had 14 standard drinks again (like Tuesday) but stopped after that... tonight is the cocktail party I'm working for a friend, so I'll be having a few more tonight, but I'm still happy about my progress!

Day 3
2/12/2021
138.6kgs

Okay! Small loss on the scales, despite all my pasta and potato salad lol... that's pretty good!

Not an especially physical day, but had another healthy salad banh mi for breakfast, and unfortunately another bag of potato chips (it's a habit I'm aiming to break along the way). Today another regular customer (and a good mate) brought me in a six pack of cider as a gift lol... second day in a row I've had a diet-dooming gift! But I only had two... had three more pints of low carb cider after work and that was it.

On the way home I couldn't find my usual field mushrooms at the supermarket, so I bought a large pumpkin and cous cous salad and some coleslaw.

Good day overall!

Yay for another loss! Fingers crossed the cocktail party won't throw you too far off course.

Yay for another loss! Fingers crossed the cocktail party won't throw you too far off course.
It did lol... but hey, I did well up until then.

Lamentably, I have put weight back on, but it's an ongoing battle... December is a bad time to try these things but some effort is better than none, and it'll hold me in good stead for when it's over... And looking at the date, I'll only be working for another ten days before my Christmas break starts!

Day 8
7/12/2021
140.8kgs

To be expected after my monstrously drunk weekend. There will be a little bloat among that, and some legit weight gain.

Started the day pretty well with a chicken sandwich for breakfast and a caesar salad for lunch... a little too much snacking on chips, and a little too much drinking. Unfortunately I stopped on the way home at the supermarket with the intention of grabbing something light, and ended up with far too much food. Nothing too unhealthy, but the usual story of too much to eat late at night.

Keep trying, Guy. Being conscious of everything you consume is a good start. Starting off the day with a solid breakfast helps with the rest of the day.

December is a bad time to try these things
December may be the month when at least being mindful can make the biggest difference. Binging seems to be excused and almost expected in holiday settings and a single binge can be half a pound of actual weight gain. So just reducing the blow-out holiday feasts to larger meals can save a lot of work come January!

Back