Matt's Diary

Current Goal: Rebuilding my Finances, Staying Healthy, and Getting back on Track!

Today's Weight: 268.8

Breakfast: 4 Pieces of Toast, 4 Cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Bowl of Ramen Noodles w/Chicken and Spinach, 1 Salad w/Tuna and Ranch Dressing.

Dinner: 1 Bowl of Ramen Noodles.

Snack: 8 Fruit Strips, 1 Banana, 1 Apple.

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottled Waters, 1 cup of Milk.

Estimated Calories: 2650

Exercise: 2 Hours, 4.6 Miles of Walking.

Current Goal: Rebuilding my Finances, Staying Healthy, and Getting back on Track!

Today's Weight: 269.0

Breakfast: 4 Pieces of Toast, .5 cup of Oatmeal and Honey, 1 Banana, 4 Cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Bowl w/ Rice, Meatballs, Hummus, Spinach and Cilantro Dressing, 1 Bowl of Soup.

Dinner: 1 Lean Cuisine TV Dinner (Pepperoni Pizza).

Snack: A few Crackers, 1 Banana, 1 Apple.

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottled Waters, 1 cup of Milk.

Estimated Calories: 2850

Exercise: NA

Today's Weight: 269.0

Breakfast: 4 Pieces of Toast, 1 Banana, 2 Cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Tuna Salad Sandwich, 1 Bowl of Soup, 1 Banana, 1 Apple

Snack: 1 Snickers Bar, 1 Packet of Crackers.

Dinner: 2 Bowls of Ramen Noodles.

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottled Waters.

Estimated Calories: 2800

I didn't realize I ate so much today and yesterday!

Today's Weight: 268.6

Breakfast: 2 Bacon, Egg and Cheese Croissants, 2 Hashbrowns, 1 Bottle of Orange Juice all from Wawa. 3.5 Cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Bowl of Soup.

Dinner: 1 Lean Cuisine TV Dinner (Lasagna)

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottled Waters, 3 Beers.

Estimated Calories: 2950

Exercise: 10 Minutes, .4 Miles of Walking.

Today's Weight: 267.6

Breakfast: 2 Scrambled Eggs, 5 Strips of Bacon, 2 sides of Hashbrowns, 4 Cups of Coffee.

Lunch/Dinner: 1 Pepperoni Flatbread Pizza, 1 cup of Thai Chicken Soup, 1 cup of Pepsi, all from Panera.

Snack: 1 Gelato Sundae.

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottled Waters, 1 30 oz. Cherry Coke.

Estimated Calories: 2700

Exercise: 1 Hour, 3 Miles of Walking.

Today's Weight: 266.8

Breakfast: 2 Bacon, Egg and Cheese on Croissants, 3 Hash Browns, 1 Bottle of Orange Juice all from Wawa, 2 cups of Coffee.

Lunch/Dinner: 1 Bacon Cheeseburger, 1 side of Fries, 1 1/4 Hot Dog all from Wawa.

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottled Waters, 1 30 oz. Cherry Coke, 1 16 oz. Pepsi.

Estimated Calories: 3600

Exercise: 2 Hour, 5 Miles of Walking.

Breakfast: 1 Bowl of Oatmeal, w/Honey, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 Pieces of Toast. 1 cup of Orange Juice, 4 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Bowl of Ramen w/Spinach, 5 oz. of Canned Chicken, 2 Hardboiled Eggs.

Dinner: 1 Lean Cuisine TV Dinner (Spaghetti w/Meat Sauce), 4 Pieces of Garlic Toast.

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottled Waters.

Estimated Calories: 2250

Exercise: 2 Hours, 4 Miles of Walking.

Today's Weight: 270.2

Breakfast: 1 Bowl of Oatmeal, w/Honey, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 Pieces of Toast, 5 Strips of Bacon, 1 cup of Orange Juice, 4 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Bowl w/Rice, Spinach, 5 oz. of Canned Chicken, 1 Hardboiled Egg, Hummus and Teriyaki Sauce.

Dinner: 1 Bowl of Ramen Noodles.

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottled Waters, 2 Beers.

Estimated Calories: 2650

I went to a meetup at this brewery which was fun. I'm finding it harder to find time to walk since in addition to work, there's my class that I have to study for.

Breakfast: 2 Poached Eggs, 2 Pieces of Toast, 4 Strips of Bacon, 1 cup of Orange Juice, 4 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Bowl w/Rice, Spinach, 2 Servings of Meatballs, 1 Hardboiled Egg, Hummus and Siracha.

Dinner: 1 Lean Cuisine TV Dinner (Spaghetti w/Meat Sauce), 4 Pieces of Garlic Toast.

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottled Waters, 2 cups of Milk

Estimated Calories: 2400

Exercise: 1 Hour 2.4 Miles of Walking.

Today's Weight: 268.8

Breakfast: 1 Bacon, Egg and Cheese Croissant, 3 Hashbrowns, 1 Bottle of Orange Juice, 1 Large Coffee all from Wawa.

Lunch: 1 Can of Soup (Chicken w/Dumplings, 1 Salad w/a Hard Boiled Egg and Honey Mustard Dressing,

Snack: 1 Pack of Crackers, 1 Snickers Bar.

Dinner: 2 Bowls of Ramen Noodles.

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottled Waters, 2 cups of Milk

Estimated Calories: 3150

Exercise: 1 Hour 3.8 Miles of Walking.

I ate a little too much, I think because I had an awful day. The one day I have to go into the office, of course I get stuck in traffic. Then I get the last call of the day and had to stay later.

Today's Weight: 267.8

Breakfast: 2 Egg Omelet, 4 Strips of Bacon, 2 Pieces of Toast, 4 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Can of Soup (Chili Mac), 1 Chicken Salad Sandwich.

Dinner: 1 Lean Cuisine TV Dinner (Chicken Enchilada Suiza).

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottled Waters, 2 cups of Milk, 3 Rum and Cokes.

Estimated Calories: 2550

Exercise: 1 Hour 3 Miles of Walking.

Today's Weight: 265.8

Breakfast: 2 Scrambled Eggs, 2 Sides of Hashed Browned Potatoes, 2 Pieces of Toast, 4 cups of Coffee.

Lunch/ Dinner: 1 Power Bowl (Meatballs, Rice, Butternut Squash Noodles, Cucumber, Spinach, Hummus, Sauce)

Snack: 1 Gelato Sundae.

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottled Waters, 2 20 oz. Cherry Cokes, 4 Rum and Cokes.

Estimated Calories: 2800

Today's Weight: 265.8

Breakfast: 2 Scrambled Eggs, 2 Sides of Hashed Browned Potatoes, 4 Pieces of Bacon, 4 cups of Coffee.

Lunch/Dinner: 1 Bacon Cheeseburger, 1 1/4 Hot Dog, 1 Order of Fries, 1 16 oz. Pepsi all from Wawa.

Snack: 2 Cupcakes.

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottled Waters, 1 20 oz. Cherry Coke

Estimated Calories: 3500

My dad woke me up around 5 am because he was sick from food poisoning. I had to go to the store and get some food since he has to eat a bland diet for now.

There are some unfortunately my financial situation is not good so I probably will have to skip some.
That's a shame. Are they always expensive options? Hopefully, your financial situation will improve. Eating or drinking out is usually so expensive!

I was worried about my weight coming down and I was looking at past years; comparing New Years for each year.

2016: 256 lbs. I had only been losing weight for about 4 months. I probably had lost too much weight too fast.

2017: 180 lbs. A loss of 76 lbs. I had met my goal already and was starting to enjoy being thin, I was also making more money at work.

2018: 183 lbs. A gain of 3 lbs. I had a little too much fun and was spending more; running up my credit car bill.

2019: 197 lbs. A gain of 14 lbs. I spent a little too much and was dealing with debt, specifically tax and CC debt.

2020: 220lbs. A gain of 23 lbs. I had taken a pay cut at work so I was struggling a bit, and still worrying about debt. I also had a seizure and had been put on medication.

2021: 250 lbs. A gain of 30 lbs. The place I worked at closed due to COVID, and I had to get another job I really hated. Of course there was COVID. Because of enhanced unemployment I was able to pay down some bills.

2022: 268 lbs. A gain of 18 lbs. The place I worked at closed its office in my state so I got another job that I'm happy at though it pays less and I'm behind on some bills. Also Misty passed away. However I did find out about my certification class so at least there's potential for me to get a better job.

I've always wondered if mental state/stress can effect whether you gain or lose weight. it seems so. However the good news is this my weight gain in 2022 was less than it was for the past 2 years! Hopefully it'll be less next year or even better I'll have lost weight.

Last edited:
That's a shame. Are they always expensive options? Hopefully, your financial situation will improve. Eating or drinking out is usually so expensive!
Not really, but yeah that's why I've been eating at home a lot!

I've always wondered if mental state/stress can effect whether you gain or lose weight. it seems so.
Oh, I think so too. My weight gain has almost always coincided with times of stress. Stress is a killer. Have you thought about getting another dog yet, Matt?

Oh, I think so too. My weight gain has almost always coincided with times of stress. Stress is a killer. Have you thought about getting another dog yet, Matt?

I've thought about it, though it may be a while. I might try to take Toby in.

Back