Marsia's Diary

Glad you guys don't mind me spilling my guts about all the stuff from our move. It really helps writing to you guys and getting feedback! I would be stress eating for sure if I didn't have all this encouragement!
That's what we're here for, right? Besides: your adventures are always interesting.

I can never hear enough, so please keep sharing xoxo

I am so impressed with your work with the cats. So many cats just end up neglected. It's so sad. Very good that there are people like you out there willing to help. I had to laugh at your catching a few skunks in the mix! lol

how big (or small...) is your new place? My place is quite tiny but it suits me very well. One thing that helps at my place is big windows all round so just seeing lovely big yard space out the windows probably has me feeling like it's bigger than it is. I've lived in apartments where the view out is another apartment building across an alley so that kind of thing can make me feel a lot more cramped.
Also helpful nowadays is I find everything is on my laptop--no need for a tv, stereo etc taking up extra space...

That's a shame about your mom's cat! Allergies suck. Better they realize it this soon though, while the kitty wasn't too at home yet.

Meditation always a good way to start the day :) I try to do a sit each morning and now trying to add one in the afternoon/evening time. Lovely to hear about the beautiful walk and the continued sorting. Too bad about the stress eating but I think when you've stuck with healthy foods that's a real win.
I hope the home works out for the cat.

It feels good to get rid of so much, and to also see that my taste in clothes changed and I like more subdued things now, so got rid of a bunch of more patterned prints.
Some things just don´t suit our current selves anymore and it´s good to let them find loving new homes. Destressing and meditating sounds sensible right now.

Taking time to meditate every day sounds like a very good idea. I love easing into the day. Right now I'm sitting in my recliner, feet up, laptop on lap, typing in your diary, black coffee next to me, Archie asleep on G's chair (he's gone to golf) & I feel relaxed. It's 8.20 am & I don't really have to do anything for hours and hours. Sending you a big hug & hope the cat gets to stay :grouphug:

It sounds like it's time to sit down & have a chat with J. Maybe take a little time out for a lunch together. I'm sure you would be able to do it in a gentle & kind way. Let him know that you really appreciate that he is trying to make things easier for you by helping with the chores, but that you are getting thrown out of whack. I'm sure you don't tell him how to run his business so you could compare it to that. You'll find a way, hon, but communication is key. He needs to know, but in as gentle a way as you can. I'm sure you'll find that way xoxo

You made me smile. Even though you did tell him he's driving you crazy I'm sure you can work out a plan to sort it out so that things run smoother from now on. :grouphug:

I'm sure he's aware of the dynamics between the two of you as well and will still be interested in solutions.

I can imagine it's tough when you guys have a lot of extra stress going on with getting ready for a big move too...also having a bunch of extra work that you suddenly need to do together...
I hope your schedule idea works out for the both of you.

I love hearing how you adjusted so quickly to the new treat portions. Seems like you are really working out maintenance well!! I may have to ask you and LaMa for suggestions on how to plan for meals in a very small kitchen. I have a very large kitchen now, and I'm a bit mystified as to what I used to do when I didn't have much space. I can't imagine planning for Covid with a tiny kitchen. I'd be storing things under the sofa and bed and anywhere I could think of. Emergencies make me want to hoard food!
I think my main tip would be to think hard about which appliances you really need regularly and putting the others in long-term storage for now. One-trick ponies you use once a month and take up as much room as 12 cans of beans have no place in a small kitchen. Other than that you'll either need an extra fridge/freezer/pantry cupboard somewhere outside or get used to going grocery shopping more often. Of course furniture with storage space inside is great as well but not everyone is going to like the idea of eating food they've been sitting on top of for the past month :p

Do you have many plants in pots, Marsia? I think it will be essential to incorporate some meditation into your day. I don't do well with either hectic or stress & you have a lot on your plate. In through the nose, out through the mouth........I've been doing a lot of that lately. I laughed out loud at the "really freaked out raccoon" & then had to read that sentence to G. Sending you a great big squishy hug (as my friend Kate says) :grouphug:

Very cool about the bee transfer! I hope all the cat re-housing works out.
I find gardening essential to my well-being too. Before I had space at my place there were a couple of community garden projects that I was involved in. That was really good. I also really loved the people connections I had made there.

The poor little raccoon was so panicked it didn't even leave immediately when I opened the trap. They are pesky, but also so adorable and human-like in some ways.
Adorable, but important not to get too close to them:

I'm really glad that you will have plants in pots to take with you. Gardening is very grounding. Would the friends that you are moving to be happy for you to garden there. I know I would be happy if someone wanted to "help out" with our gardening.
I hope you get the cats caught & rehomed soon hon. I can imagine that is not doing you much good. Sending another one :grouphug:

All sounding really good Marsia. Must be really nice to have those branches hauled off--anywhere you can find to cut back on work is such a bonus I'm sure! Do you have any time frame in mind for how long you would be renting at this next place before you would be buying again?

That's great that you will be able to garden at your friends' place. I hope you manage to catch the barn cats, hon, but also take a rest break xoxo

Back