Marsia's Diary

Being able to donate things without worrying if you'll be able to replace them if you need to some day is definitely a privilege but storage space and packing time are also money so once again there are no perfect solutions...

Marsia, I know you are being brave. I have been there myself & had to make a decision to sell our house, which I absolutely loved with a passion. It's a long story & I'll tell you about it privately some time. It was heart-breaking but the decision needed to be made. We had 2 small children & ended up with nothing much at all, but were debt-free. We sold off most of our furniture as we couldn't afford the moving costs & we had to start all over again. If it hadn't happened we wouldn't be here in Tas & I think that was the best decision we ever made.
We are braver than we think & while at the time the prospect is daunting & the decisions to be made are really difficult we just have to make them & we manage. You are a strong woman. Please take the time to protect your mental health & take some time out to relax. Don't overdo it. Maybe allow yourself a set time to just do something for yourself each day. :grouphug:

Life is always an adventure
So true. And sometimes we feel up for it and sometimes not so much...I know I would find moving a big challenge and you have a lot more to deal with than I would (since I rent this place and don't own this furniture!)
I agree with Cate to be sure to take care of yourself, to take some time out, relax and find some way to treat yourself. I like Cate's idea of having a set time just for you each day.

I will tell you sometime. Making a decision is often the hardest part of the things we do. Once that decision is made you just have to make the most of what your choices are. It's not simple of course & I shed a lot of quiet tears at the time. I don't have regrets about that choice as we came away with our integrity.
A funny thing to say but I wish my pants were falling off! All your hard work around the place is paying off. YAY! Well done, hon xoxo

Great news that the housing market is just waiting to suck up your property :) Looks like you're doing great and being very efficient again!

I am working on making the most of things Cate. Good suggestion.
I hope I didn't sound preachy there. I was really remembering my own circumstances. None of it was easy, that's for sure.
I'm so glad you took some time for yourself. Walking in nature sounds like great therapy. If it wasn't for snakes I'd be doing that too. The real estate market has gone crazy in Tasmania too. I am going to concentrate on decluttering from now on. If I could afford to buy another place to move into when we're ready to move from here I would do so and rent it out until we're ready. I have a feeling our house would sell quickly too. Crazy world. We have to try to stay (?) sane. Sending you some strength & love xoxo

Sounds like you are doing a really good job of doing the best you can with the circumstances Marsia. Nice to hear you taking some good time out to meditate. Walks through nature sounds like a wonderful idea-- walks are my best de-stressor, and walks in nature all the better.
Wonderful to hear about the pants falling down :)--a far better sign than anything on the scales!

That walk did sound amazing. I really can see you moving somewhere where you will be happy & have a balanced life, without having to do the things you do now, just to try to keep on top of it all.
I think I will get a realtor to check out our house. R suggested the same thing. I know what the council value our house at for rates. If someone came along right now & offered us that I think we would take it. Maybe...We have a young friend who works in real estate & I could ask her. I'll wait until I declutter some more. Making the place easier to look after would be a good option as well.

I grew up in a 185 year old house with these sorts of troubles, and my mom used to say, "it builds character."
Sometimes it does - and sometimes it builds allergies, asthma, and respiratory infections instead...

Sorting your parents´ stuff with your kid sounds like a great bonding experience!

It sounds like you are doing really well with the cleanup. Good for you! Having K to help would have made it more like fun, rather than a daunting chore. You have a very special relationship with your daughter & that's a wonderful thing.

I do hope you find a good house for you that will free up your time for art and other things you love Marsia.
I took this amazing walk to these beautiful farms with ponds and green fields with happy cows grazing and with towering redwood stands in them. There were happy ducks in the ponds and I even saw a field with 17 white egrets in it. It was so magical.
That does sound like a really lovely walk. i hope you are continuing to get some time relaxing each day.

I think I need a break from my mom's house, so will pack up most of my room this week because it's next to the bathroom that will be under construction, and I don't want dust all over my stuff. It's also nice sorting through art supplies and seeing how nice they are!
:D You certainly are spoiled for choice (of where to pack first) at the moment...

I hope you get to do something nice & get those lungs cleared out & have a lovely day off packing. It's raining here today & I may just potter about.

Just having someone who will let me garden in her yard is a godsend, plus she decided not to rent her place at all until she learned that we need a place, and will rent to us.
She probably feels right blessed to be able to rent to someone she trusts instead of letting the property stand empty, so it´s a win/win situation.

Lovely to hear that your mom's cat is starting to settle in already - that must be such a relief. Good thinking with the grocery shopping, too: you need your energy on other fronts right now. Hope you're sound asleep and will wake up refreshed tomorrow.

Cats are kind of famous for having trouble adjusting to new spaces and needing to be kept inside for a while, aren´t they?

Wow this all sounds so great Marsia--the way it's all falling into place with having a good place to rent and it possibly turning into a long-term solution. I actually find renting so great on so many levels--no unexpected expenses, landlords responsible for fixing whatever goes wrong...there are some downsides in that it can feel precarious when there's not a lot on the market to rent but right now that's the same for buying anyhow I guess!
And so great you will have garden space there too. I am also pleased being able to garden at my place and the landlords love that someone lives here that appreciates the yard and garden and take care of it. So yes it's so good when it's a good fit for everyone like that!

And also so great about the cats finding new good homes. I'm impressed with you participating in a program to care for the strays like that.

It is so good to hear that things are working out for you, M. The pre-made veggie mixes sound like a great idea too. Things are moving along & working out. I love hearing about it all xo

Back