Hobbiton! for anyone who is 5ft 3in and under

thanks tropical girl! i like hobbiton...its nice and friendly!
You've lost 20 of them though and that's a big deal! Stay positive girl!:grouphug:

Wow, I didn't know such a club existed!!

I'm 5'2"
Around 120 lbs.

I hope to get to 115, and maybe even 110 at some point.

Just wanted to post a quick update. It's been a month since I last posted in this thread. I have lost 10 more pounds...am down to 131 now. I would still like to lose a little more...maybe get to 125...I could live with that at my age, I think. I don't want to buy many clothes until I know for sure what weight I will be maintaining at, but it is so hard. Everything I own is falling off of me...it's hard to find something to wear to work each day.
How do you all handle this? Have you bought some "in-between" things? I hate to spend the money!

:party: I love the hobbiton!

I'm 5'3 on a good day. I'm working and dieting off a bit more. I weigh 146 and weight lift. am a womens 10 (after 5 babies and 300lbs gained and lost between them!) but at this height there is still quite a bit of size on a #10 you know?

My goal is 10 lbs by mid june.

Just wanted to bring this thread back! How is everyone doing? I was gone for a while but I'm back and biking at night to bring my weight down. Still hoping to get to the 120's!

Hi! I'm 5"3 and my highest weight was 120 lbs. I have a tiny frame, and this looked awfull ! I also have no muscle so it was pure fat haha. I wasnt happy with this body. I'm now down to 104 lbs, I love this weight I look great, but I can't stop before my goal weight ! If I don't feel good at 100 lbs I'll go back to 104 or 105. Weight loss is easy for me, so it's not big of a deal.

I am 5'3" and started my journy at age 16 and 215 lbs.

I am now 18, 19 next week, and am steady between 126-128 lbs. I still think I can lose a bit more, but I am fairly happy with how I am now..

Yay for short people!! :) Just work hard and you can do it!!

I am 5'3" and I've had many fantasies of being 5'7" or even 5'5". Plus I have a "petite" build, I'm not wide set at all and I've never had big boobs or a big bottom. Even at the 110 pounds that I was all through high school I still had a little round belly that was bigger than the rest of me. I started my heaviest point at 165, am now down to 147, and hoping to get to 115. Gonna try to get rid of this belly once and for all! Good luck fellow shorties :D

Yay - one of my old clubs that I still qualify for!!!

I am still 5ft3 (just like I was on page 1)...

In the end I settled on a 126 goal weight and maintained that pretty well for a few years. People spent a lot of time telling me I was too thin though...

I'll shoot for that but keep an open mind when I am in the last few pounds.

oh wow..i got a club that i can join. yay

I'm 5'3". My current weight is 85.5kg (roughly around 188.5lbs). I'm restarting back my weight loss journey since this december.

at the moment I only do treadmill and some hiit exercise. I'm doing it slow and steadily. so far I alread loss 10lbs.

Hey Everyone!

I am 5' 3" and 157 at my last weigh-in. That's about as high as my weight has ever been. But, I am facing the music and trying. I have 2 big problems: 1) I love to eat 2) I love to lay around and do nothing. Bad combination. I have managed to start roping in my calories and am working on getting things down to 1300 per day. I don' always succeed but I am getting closer every day. Am working out more, but still need to up that as well. Ugh. It's a journey...

Hello fellow shorties. Not even sure if this club is still active, but wanted to jump in. 5'3 and CW is 218 - bleh! My little frame is hating me right about now. :cry:

I'm down to 141 and still going. Trying to get into the 130's is my next goal. Besides seeing the numbers on the scale go down, I am beginning to derive some satisfaction from the fact that this is the longest I've gone in my whole life with being so consciously healthy. I'm also the lowest weight I have been in years. Nonetheless, I am still overweight and have about 15 pounds to go before I'll be in a comfortable range with my weight. Hope I can keep this up, it is hard and temptation abounds.

Hey everyone. It’s been a few years since I was on this site, but time for me to return! I weigh more than I ever have in my life. I am 5’3” and just weighed in at 156.5. Two years ago I was diagnosed with a mild heart condition and Hashimoto’s Disease. Right after all this got sorted out I became pregnant and delivered a healthy baby boy. I am so happy to have him, but breastfed and justified overeating as “I’m breastfeeding, so my body needs it.” While it’s true you do need some extra food, I was overeating. So, here I am! A healthy weight for me both physically and psychologically would be in the range of 120-135. I am 20 pounds over the highest limit.

I just returned from a trip to China and South Korea, where I was for 2 weeks. The fat shaming there is intense. But the good news about that is it helped to motivate me to get healthy. I am hoping really to lose weight for my health. I want to be a healthy mom and live a long time to be there for my son. I am also wanting to lose weight to boost my self-confidence. Also, I want to look good for my husband and friends. Vanity is a part of it, but it is a definite health concern.

In the past I found this forum very supportive and helpful, so I’m hoping to recapture some of the great motivation I found here. One of the most helpful aspects was these clubs! It’s a great idea to break down goals into 10 lb. increments and get support along the way. It’s been YEARS (a decade?) since I’ve been in the 130’s, but I am hoping this is the year I can do it.

I know I have to start slow/ramp up with the exercise, but am hoping to not go too slow and take advantage of my wave of motivation. I’m giving myself 3 weeks as my first benchmark. I want to do a real, solid checking in on my progress at that time. Of course I’ll check in a lot between now and then, but 3 weeks is my first milepost.

That’s all for now - excited to be back and to get and give support!

I'm slightly less than 5' 3" and it annoying how people considerably heavier than me look slimmer because of their height. Apart from that I am perfectly happy with my hobbit height status, (it is very handy in tight seating, like on planes, my legs always fit in). I have dropped from 150 lbs to 119 during lockdown, (nothing to do but exercise, no pubs restaurants and holidays), but would ideally like to be 8 stone, (112 lbs) again. I lost most of the weight in the first 5 months, the last stone is really difficult.

It's a shame this thread has fallen into disuse. Are there no short people out there that would like to compare notes and more?

I am still here and still 5'2

Back