Hobbiton! for anyone who is 5ft 3in and under

saykonichiwa, you could try this link as a starting point. you will of course have to tweak it to fit your needs but its a good place to start.

After you get your number, subtract 500 calories per day in order to lose 1lb per week or 750 per day to lose 1.5lbs per week (2lbs is probably too fast for your size).

If you find you aren't losing, then adjust accordingly. Try going down in 100 increments until you find that right amount for you.

After you get your number, subtract 500 calories per day in order to lose 1lb per week or 750 per day to lose 1.5lbs per week (2lbs is probably too fast for your size).

Ohh thank you so much! i thought my BMR meant thats how many calories i was already eating, and to subtract the 500-750 per day off of that.

thats for clearing that up! :)

I declare that BMR calculator stature prejudiced! It will not calculate my BMR for me due to the fact I am exactly 5'0"! The inches must be above 0 it claims.

This also inconveniences those who stand at 6'0".

I'll just google another one, hah.

Wordslinger, I noticed that the other day. I was trying to put in someone else's height for them and it refused to let me do it. I guess maybe its an error they didn't notice. I was using a calculator once that refused to let me put in my age. Everytime I would try it would say I could not be that size & age, and it would change it to 11 years old!!

:party: I finaly started to loose!:party: I started at 155 & this morning I weighed in at 152.1:party: I finaly measured myself this morning too & compared them to my measurments from 2 yrs ago They were not as bad as I thought they would be. I did gain close to 4inches around my waist,& hips everything else pretty much stayed the same.

I am 5'2" in height. If I gain 5 pounds it shows up as like a 10 pound weight gain. I haven't weighed my self, I am working out 6 days a week and I will see how my clothes fit. (This is my second week).

I have been eating clean and trying to stay as busy as I can and also to stay away from the negative people who try to sabotage my healthy efforts. I will keep you posted on my progress.

I have been eating clean and trying to stay as busy as I can and also to stay away from the negative people who try to sabotage my healthy efforts. I will keep you posted on my progress.

I wish youluck with this. My husband is no help to me at all. It is very hard to stay focused when you live with someone who wants to go out to eat & go for ice cream all the time. He also has to have junck food laying around all the time too. I do fine during the day when he is at work but when he gets home is a whole different story.

I'm happy! My boyfriend said I look toner, like my skin is tighter.. hehe, even that my chest looks bigger... I do dancing for my exercise and I use Cocoa butter lotion all over ^_^..

Hubbie

My husband is great about the compliments but awful about his diet. Also, he eats my food on top of his junk food and then tells others he is eating clean. I can't complain too much because he does encourage me on my efforts.

Chaya

Since I'm barely 5'2, I have to join this group. I was reading the posts on this thread and it's so true and unfair that people who are taller can carry extra weight well. My best friend is 5'10 and has twenty pounds on my and she is model thin while I'm short and fat(or curvy as my skinny friends like to say). Anyway, I'm guess I'm gonna have to be proud to be a hobbit since I sadly can't get taller but I can try to get thinner.

Going up instead of down?

Hi. I'm 5'0 and it is so true about weight gain on shorter people, it appears so much faster. I am in pretty decent shape and workout atleast 4 times a week. I do a combo of cardio and recently have added more strength training. I eat healthy most of the time(except for a cheat day here and there). I usually keep my weight somewhere between 115 and 118, but for some reason in the last several weeks it has been between 120 and 122. It's really frustrating especially when I do try hard to watch my diet and workout. It's going in the wrong direction. Any suggestions?

I just joined a few days ago-- and I did notice some postings be other people in the 5 foot 3 and under-range. I was wondering the same things as most of you.
Like minimum calories. I am 5 foot one inch and 175 lbs-- I am also 44 years old. I never had a weight issue until 7 years ago. In about 18 months I put on 35 lbs. From 125 to 160, then went on Atkins and lost 30lbs. Then I gained it all back plus 20plus more in less than a year. I want to lose 50lbs by May of next year. I put on weight all over... so the first 15 lbs was not really noticed. I carry a lot in my legs. and my wide hobbit feet. I have been doing water aerobics because I am concerned over stress to me knees. I found free weights awkward as some of the exercises you need to use the bench and the bench is too high. just curious.... do we have any LPA members " Little People" on this site?

I am a 5'2" and 36 year old hobbit,

without more detail mfm it is hard to give advice but if you have just started lifting weights it may be muscle gain.

Hi from one Short to Others

I am glad I found a forum that I can relate to. Being 5-3, weighing in at 160 and 37 years old; I hate walking beside my friends and husband and people looking at me for all the wrong reasons. My husband just lost 15 pounds and looks awesome. I feel when we walk beside each other in public people look at us wondering how can he be with me. I hate feeling this way. I lost 30 pounds a year ago and gained it all back. My doctor put me on a new harmone and I started gaining the weight back. I didn't change anything with my diet and exercise, but I put back on the weight. I checked the side effects of the pill and found out that weight gain was one of them. When I mentioned this to my doctor he just said that it was a mild side effect and I had to cut down portions and exercise. I think that is the hardest through this all. Someone like that that should know what I am going through but doesn't believe you.

Sorry for babbling. Anyway hello new friends and I look forward to getting to know each of you.

This place isn't very busy, is it? Come on, fellow shorties! I want to talk to people who get it!

I'm 5'0. Currently 118. My highest non-pregnant weight was 135. I got down to 112 a couple years ago and it was awesome. I felt SO good. I'll get there again.

Gunslinger said:
I declare that BMR calculator stature prejudiced! It will not calculate my BMR for me due to the fact I am exactly 5'0"! The inches must be above 0 it claims.

You can enter 4 feet 12 inches and it will work. lol. That's what I did.

The sad thing is no matter how hard I try. I'll never be able to join this group :(

Good luck in your journeys shorties (jk ;) )

:seeya:

Back