Hobbiton! for anyone who is 5ft 3in and under

Well, this is a rather appropriate board to be writing on. Hell, in my introduction post I wrote I was a self-proclaimed hobbit. I may admit to shaving my toes every now and then. I'm 5'0", and more than willing to rant on about the disadvantage us vertically challenged individuals possess when it comes to gaining weight. I used to be 190 pounds, and I will never allow myself to let go like that again. I am 115 currently, and ready to blast away the rest of my fat to reveal the muscles I have been working to achieve. And because I have been obese the majority of my life, a skank hobbit phase may ensue.

haha "skank" hobbit phase? What does that entail? I think you are completely allowed to by the way. I'm sure we all have one tucked inside. And in fact, my friend has repeatedly stated to me, once she gets down to her goal weight, she wants to do nothing but walk around in a bikini all day as she knows she's hot, and she's wants everyone to know how hot.
hahaha

Am actually a bit disturbed by that..... but that is so great that you have lost so much! Your muscles are there trust me. Keep going hobbit!
(and maybe get Permanent hair removal on those toes ) haha

A funny

You've heard about people who have been abducted and had their kidneys removed by black-market organ thieves.

My thighs were stolen from me during the night a few years ago. I went to sleep and woke up with someone else's thighs. It was just that quick. The replacements had the texture of cooked oatmeal. Whose thighs were these and what happened to mine? I spent the entire summer looking for my thighs. Final ly, hurt and angry, I resigned myself to living out my life in jeans. And then the thieves struck again.

My butt was next. I knew it was the same gang, because they took pains to match my new rear-end to the thighs they had stuck me with earlier. But my new butt was attached at least three inches lower than my original! I realized I'd have to give up my jeans in favor of long skirts.

Two years ago I realized my arms had been switched. One morning I was fixing my hair and was horrified to see the flesh of my upper arm swing to and fro with the mo tion of the hairbrush. This was really getting scary - my body was being replaced one section at a time. What could they do to me next?

When my poor neck suddenly disappeared and was replaced with a turkey neck, I decided to tell my story. Women of the world, wake up and smell the coffee! Those 'plastic' surgeons are using REAL replacement body parts - stolen from you and me! The next time someone you know has somethi ng 'lifted', look again - was it lifted from you?

THIS IS NOT A HOAX. This is happening to women everywhere every night.

WARN YOUR FRIENDS!

P. S. Last year I thought someone had stolen my Boobs. I was lying in bed and they were gone! But when I jumped out of bed, I was relieved to see that they had just been hiding in my armpits as I slept. Now I keep them hidden in my waistband.

Thought this was too 'important' not to pass on.
Have a wonderful day - with a joy filled heart.

These same thieves come in my closet and shrink my clothes! How do they do that???

Update

Alright the last post was something that my friend sent me and I thought it was really funny so I wanted to share. Life has been busy and I have not been able to post anything for the last few days or was that weeks. I am happy to report that I have not lost any weight this week, but I have managed to keep the 3 lbs that I lost off. That is really good for me. And better yet I have spent one hour at the gym for the last 4 days. I got my boyfriend to join the local Y-Center with me. He is 6' 2" and about 170 lbs. He has a very high metabolism and eats anything he wants. He wanted to prove how easy it is to lose weight so he went from eating cheeseburgers at lunch to salads and lost 25 lbs in under a month.
I am 32 years old (as of the 2nd), 5' 2" and am sitting at 212 lbs as of today. I have a horrible metabolism and no matter what I eat I just stay in the same 20 lbs range. I have not been able to get under 200 for the last 4 years no matter what I eat or how much I exercise. I am really glad that he has decided to build up some muscle and needed to go to the gym. I work nights and he is on an early day shift, so the dinnertime hours are the only ones that we have to see each other. If I try to workout after work (in the mornings) I can't sleep. And I had stopped going because I couldn't find a good time. Now I get up when he is getting home from work and instead of cooking dinner right away we are off to the gym together. I am loving the exercise and the way I am feeling. I hope to see some physical results soon, but am very happy with my ability to work out longer before becoming totally winded. :hurray:
I am not sure that he will ever understand how hard it can be to try and loose this weight. But I know that I want to be healthier for myself and he is right that at the rate I am going there is a good possibility that I will have a major health issue soon. I hope to continue the daily exercise and accomplish my goals.
1) get below 200 lbs.
2) be able to run up a flight of stairs without feeling like I am going to have a massive corinary.
3) fit into something not from the Woman's department.
Other than those I just want to be in good health overall.
Keep it up everyone and I will try and post more frequently.

Salutations, fellow hobbits!

I am 30 days into my current exercise program, Tony Horton's Power 90, and I absolutely love it. I am at the point where my weight may not come off, but the inches are. My measurements progressed downward which is really motivating, considering I am at the slow, drudging end of my weight loss. In a month, an inch disappeared from my waist. An inch!

I can't wait to see my abdominals for the first time in my life!

Congratulations on losing an inch from your waist. We all love to watch the inches and pounds disappear. Some months we get better results with the scales - other months we get better results with the tape measure. The big thing is that we see positive changes happen. That motivates us to continue.

You've heard about people who have been abducted and had their kidneys removed by black-market organ thieves.

These same thieves come in my closet and shrink my clothes! How do they do that???

This whole post was hilarious - I loved it!!

This is my first post here and being 5'1 (barely), I was immediately drawn to this thread. Right now I'm about 140 and I hate the feeling of this extra weight...being short only seems to emphasize it! But-like someone said- when it's lost, it does seem to be more noticeable to everyone else!

Hey, welcome to the group hermajesty. ^_^ I do agree, its more noticeable on us short people.. Whats funny is I'm all legs (small torso), so when I started losing weight, people though I got a little taller. Hehe.

I qualify for this as well... I'm 5'2" and I currently weigh a 163lbs. I had a babygirl 2 weeks ago..
I used to weigh a 130, which was still too much I think.. I'd like to be a 110-120..
I just joined this forum yesterday and I think its great! I cant wait to loose some more weight....

Welcome to the forum Amelies Mom. Read the sticky threads as they will give you lots of really useful information.

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter.

Exercise is really beneficial to weightloss and walking is a brilliant form of exercise. I am sure that taking your daughter out for a walk with her pram would be a really enjoyable way of getting your exercise and introducing her to your neighbourhood.

A free account on fitday.com is really useful for tracking not only calories but other nutrients.

heyy! I'm just at 5'2'' or just under...yay for short people!
I weight just about 152 and would really like getting down to 115-120 ish. I'm starting college in the fall so I would really like to lose some weight before then. man whenever I'm around my tall friends i am like jeez they could eat so much more than me and be thin JUST because they are tall. but i like being short : )

Welcome to the forum Amelies Mom. Read the sticky threads as they will give you lots of really useful information.

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter.

Exercise is really beneficial to weightloss and walking is a brilliant form of exercise. I am sure that taking your daughter out for a walk with her pram would be a really enjoyable way of getting your exercise and introducing her to your neighbourhood.

A free account on fitday.com is really useful for tracking not only calories but other nutrients.

Thank You so much for all the very usefull information!! Indeed this forum is very big, and I got lost fast in ALL those good and usefull threads...

And I was looking SOOOO LONG for something like FitDay..!!! Wether it cost money, which I wouldnt wanna spend... Or it wasnt anything good....
But FitDay honestly is perfect and exactly what I was looking for!! THANK YOU !!!!

YAY! We're short!!!!!!!!!! Hahahaha

i'm so glad i found a couple other people around my height (5'3")! Is it just me, or does everyone seem grossly tall on this site!?! haha

So I have a weigh in tomorrow and right now I'm at 196, but I hope to be by the end of this year far less than that. I'm happy with any weight but my dream is to be about 135. Good luck everyone!!

I just noticed this thread and I'm pretty certain I belong here. I'm 4'9" and currently 148lbs. In the last 7 years I went from being 85lbs up to 161lbs (with a bunch of losses and gains in between). My goal now is to be thinner but also muscular. I set a weight goal but its not the end goal, its just a starting point. When I get down to that healthy weight I want to start focusing on building muscle instead of weight loss. Soo..thats it in a nutshell I guess.

Oh, and I do not have a problem with my lack of height. I wouldn't chose to be any taller even if I could. I enjoy being a little person. I don't notice other people being tall really. My husband is 6'5" and I just think of him as normal. I actually feel the most weird being around people my own size! Its so uncommon it feels odd and it makes me feel big...which I do not like.

Last edited:
Hello Everyone!

I am 5'1'' and currently weigh 126. I lost approx 20 lbs LAST summer and during the school year my weight fluctuated greatly. I hope to get down to 110 pretty soon. I gained some pounds after my vacation and I've been on a diet since July 1! I'm doing good so far.. just hope to keep it up.

I am new & looking for other like me- so this sounds like the right place for me. I am 5ft 2in. I am more then 20lbs over weight. My ideal weight is 125lbs but if I can just get back into the 130 somethings I will be happy. My Bday was in June & I wanted an elliptical so that is what my hubby got me. I have only been on it a few times, partly cuz I have been lazy & partly cuz the summers are usualy busy for me. I run a daycare out of my home so that alone makes it hard to workout during the day. The few times I was on it I was very disappointed - it made me realize how out of shape I have gotten in the last few yrs. 3 minutes does not sound like it is hard to do but when I was on it, it is a very long 3 minutes cuz I had to keep telling myself just X more time before 3 minutes. We also have weight machine but my hubby has stuff piled on it due to doing some repair work in the basement plus we have Radon in the basement & that went way up this winter & we are trying to get it to go down so until that gets down to acceptable levels we have to becare as to how long we are downstairs. The elliptical is also down there but at 3 min I do not need to worry.

new!

so im new and im a shorty...im between 5'3-5'4...but the worse part is that im a male!!! so it kinda sucks....but the good thing is i live in a border town with many hispanics so we most girls here are short cuties...haha. so i kinda figured its bad enough that im short....but being short and overweight isnt good. so i weigh 174 right now and want to get down to 145ish...seems impossible for me......anywho....nice to meet u all

i was wondering how many caloried you guys are targeting for every day....i read a post somewhere where they said kind of jokingly i think that eating 1000 calories a day is near an eating disorder. but for shorties like us 1,000 or a bit less is fine right??

i was wondering how many caloried you guys are targeting for every day....i read a post somewhere where they said kind of jokingly i think that eating 1000 calories a day is near an eating disorder. but for shorties like us 1,000 or a bit less is fine right??

Whoaa I wouldn't go below 1200 unless you are very short... along the lines of 4"11 ..I am 5'3" pushing 5'4" and I'm supposed to eat 1400.. I eat about 1200 a day becuase my metabolism took a little bit to kick it into shape..but I'd never go below 1200... my mother is 5"0' tall and is told to stick along 1100 so I would never go below 1000..!

Nope. Even for us shorties that is still too little (no pun intended). There really is no reason to go under 1200, even for those who are small. I'm the shortest one here so far at 4'9" and I can definately lose weight on 1200 calories...even with hypothyroidism. Being very small means we do need less than most people but its not an excuse to restrict our calories to ridiculous lows. Keep in mind that 1200 IS low. The average woman does not need to that low to lose weight. So don't think that normal women eat 1200 to lose weight so then we need to eat less. Not true. They could (and probably should) be eating much more. We don't need to base what we do on what they are doing. We also can't expect to drop weight like crazy. We're small and our bodies don't work that way. Its okay!! Slow and steady gets the job done without making us miserable of ill. I've tried the 800 calories or less diet and let me tell you...its not a fun time. :(

Back