dumbell workouts

doe anyone know of a good full body dumbell workout, all i have are dumbells and a weight bench (not one if the adjustable ones)

thanks

Bodybuilding.com - The Future Of Bodybuilding! Huge Bodybuilding Site. has some great resources you can use to put together a workout that fits your style. They have a resource tool that allows you to devise your own workout schedule, whether for it be one targeted muscle group or a split-body training workout plan.

I have used this tool in the past when I grow tired of trying to think of things to build in my original workouts that might serve me well. If you have any questions on how to navigate through the site let me know.

-JJ

this isn't a routine, just a list of good exercises

dumbbell bench press
dumbbell flyes
shoulder press
bent over rows
lateral raises
bent over raises
front raises
lunges
farmer walks
calf raises (you need a single stair, or a block of wood)
stiff leg deadlifts
romanian deadlifts

not to mention bicep curls, hammer curls, and tricep extensions.

the only muscles that are hard to work thoroughly with dumbbells are the quads and upper back. a pullup bar and heavy dumbbell squats can make up for it.

should get you started

doe anyone know of a good full body dumbell workout,

all i have are dumbells and a weight bench (not one if the adjustable ones)

thanks

Malkore's list of exercises is pretty much all you need to get you started.

For what it's worth, I've taken many of those exercises listed by Malkore ( adding a couple of suggestions of my own :) ) BUT I've simply listed all of them in one body part order sequence that you often see in many basic FBW routines. However, the sequence below isn't a routine, just a list of possible exercises ( by body part ) you could choose from to form a routine.

Of importance to you however, is that all the exercises listed below are easily done with only dumbbells and a non-adjustable bench ( where applicable ).

Legs:.............Squats, Lunges, Reverse Lunges, Romanian Deadlifts, Seated Calve Raise ( with block - as per Malkore ).

Chest:........... Bench Press, Fly, Pullover

Back:............. Bent-over Rows, One Arm Row, Lying Row, Lying or Seated Reverse Fly [ Lying = chest down / ' prone ' on your bench ]

Shoulders:...... Shoulder Press, Lateral and / or Front Raise

Biceps: ..........Seated or Standing Curls, Seated Concentration Curls

Triceps:......... Lying Tricep Extensions, Overhead Tricep Extensions, Tricep Kickbacks

Abs:.............. Crunches, Reverse Crunches

should i do concentration curls and normal dumbell curls?
one works brachialis and the other works biceps brachi

should i do concentration curls and normal dumbell curls?
one works brachialis and the other works biceps brachi

I wouldn't worry about doing both of them. Your time will be better spent on the compounds.

Back