Hobbiton! for anyone who is 5ft 3in and under

Yay a thread for the shorties!! I'm 32yrs old, 5ft nothing and currently an extremely overweight post baby 68kg (about 150lbs). My goal is to get to my pre-pregnancy weight of 50kg (110lbs)... but it seems like SUCH a faraway target... :(

I hate that putting on 3kg looks like so much more on a smaller frame.

Well it seems I qualify for this group too.. I am 4ft 11 in and 182 pounds.. i am looking for all the support i can get.. my husband is 6'4...

I'm 5'0" also :) nice to see other shorties around!!

I never noticed how much it sucks for shorties and weight until recently. But, I wouldn't trade it for being tall! I really like being tiny, as it is just so adorable... I'd like to be small too though. Like, less than 110 lbs. That way not only am I so short, but I'm also portable. Being carried around by everyone just sounds... amazingly fun to me.

I hope that losing weight will also give me confidence. I've never been thin really, even in my prime. And I've NEVER really been confident with my appearance. It would just feel SO awesome to feel really sexy, you know?

God bless high heels

Yes I am a shorty too,My height is 5ft 0. My current weight is 145lbs. I was 164lbs 3 months ago. I too am a bit confused as to what my weight should be. My goal weight at the moment is 130lbs and I will wait and see when I reach that weight to see what it looks like. I have being described recently by my grandmother as lovely and slim so I will settle with that.

I would also like to say that I love my high heels, I need them for height. I would never go out without high heels on unless I am wearing a tracksuit.

shortie here, I am 5'2 !
and yeah I kid around how if I was like 6'0 I'd look like a supermodel with the weight I've got on, lol

i'm 5'2", so count me in.

i'd like to be less than 118, but i hit 118 last spring and didn't look bad at that weight, but i could stand to lose a little more. we'll see how it goes.

i'm 5'2", so count me in.

i'd like to be less than 118, but i hit 118 last spring and didn't look bad at that weight, but i could stand to lose a little more. we'll see how it goes.

if I was 118 I'd be jumping up and down screaming: HELL YEAH! and scaring the neighbors. :blush5: really.
I guess it all comes down to how we carry our body I think because I am very curvy - pear shaped even at 120 I wouldn't look bad, at 150ish I am constantly being told that I am not fat, just chubby.
good luck!

everyone always says that i'm not fat, but hell, they said when i was at 157, i'm assuming just to be nice. i wish i carried my weight well. i gain anything and it turns into a spare tire around my waist...then it's nearly impossible to get rid of! i'm more muscular now (my arms and legs at least), so i'm not really concerned about the exact weight on the scale...but it'd be lovely to lose inches around my hips.

Hello Shorties!

Hi!
Im new to the site and Im glad I found a club for us shorties..lol
Im Jackie, 25 yrs old 165lbs...want to lose at least 30 lbs before my hubby comes back from Iraq in Sept/Oct time. I find myself slacking a whole lot so hopefully having the support from ya'll will help me keep on trucking.

Much love and good luck

God Bless

Jackie

Another shawty here, barely coming in at 5'2". I am 44 (soon to be 45) and all my life weighed around 100-105 lbs. That wasn't skinny on me as I am very petite. I am at 128 lbs. and it is all around my stomach, not thighs, legs. Kinda in the butt and I don't mind having a ghetto booty!! I just don't want the spare tire to go with it. We'll get there girls!!!

Hi,
Add me to your short club, at 5'2". I am 49 years old and started this weight loss journey in early Feb.by participating in a "Biggest Loser" challenge at the school where I teach. My starting weight was 156 pounds! THat was eye opening! My current weight as of this past Monday was 141 and I hope to be under 140 next Monday.

I so agree with what many of you have said...that even gaining 5 pounds can make a drastic difference in how you look and feel when you are short. Tall people just don't understand that...they can lose or gain 10 pounds and it doesn't show up on them. I know just losing this first 15 has made me feel so much more energetic and clothes are fitting more comfortably and in some cases...falling off of me! I am not sure what my final goal weight will be...I will see how it goes and how I look and feel. It will be fun to have to buy new clothes to wear!

It's been two weeks, and I don't think I'm losing anything :( I'm not highly concerned about it, because I know I'm doing everything right... (I'm not eating good, BUT I'm strictly counting calories and eating no less than 1200 and no more than 1400.) But I still can't help but worry a little, you know?

Please, someone calm my nerves, lol, it's normal to not see any progress on the scale for two weeks, right? It doesn't necessarily mean that I'm doing something wrong?

It's been two weeks, and I don't think I'm losing anything :( I'm not highly concerned about it, because I know I'm doing everything right... (I'm not eating good, BUT I'm strictly counting calories and eating no less than 1200 and no more than 1400.) But I still can't help but worry a little, you know?

Please, someone calm my nerves, lol, it's normal to not see any progress on the scale for two weeks, right? It doesn't necessarily mean that I'm doing something wrong?

Your calorie intake sounds fine...how is your activity level? To lose weight, you have to use more calories than you take in...simple math. Maybe rev up your routine a little this week and see if that helps.

I know I had two not so great weeks in a row...I lost 0.8, then 1.5. THis week I finally saw a good loss...4.4 pounds! The only change I made was to up the incline on the treadmill a little, so that I was burning more calories per workout.
Good luck and don't stay down on yourself...it's one day at a time with this!

I belong in this club!

I'm about 4'10.5 and that half inch is important! I love wearing heels, so that usually puts me up to about 5 feet tall :D

I belong here! I'm 5'0'' and currently 118 lbs. I agree with other comments here that even when I put on a small amount of weight, it is more noticable than it would be in taller people. I wish it worked the other way around too (even if we only lose a small amount of weight, it is noticable) but it isn't! I've lost 10 lbs and no one but my family has commented on it!:ack2:

Im a hobbit too i guess!! hahah im 5'3 and ya any amount of weight is just compacted.!!! im 187 and trying to get down to 140 or even 130..

i'm 5feet and 330pounds...sigh!

Back