Big T & MMW: To Keep Lean & Stay Mean ;)

Im the same with DL's, im going to keep lower weight as my back keeps hurting. Think i need to focus a bit more on form. I stopped as soon as it hurt yesterday so didnt do many DL's.

Workout Included: Back/Biceps

Wide Grip Chinups
2x5 (2 on first set, 1 on second set)

Neutral Grip Pullups

Pullups/chinups are feeling much better.

DeadLifts
1x10 (132lbs)
1x7 (220lbs)
1x5 (220lbs)

Yea ok wasnt much, i stopped soon as my back hurt. I just wanted to at least do something though and i concentrated on form.

Pulldowns
1x10 (level 16) 7 on my own
1x10 (level 15) 6 on my own
1x10 (level 13) 7 on my own

DB BOR's
1x8 (66lbs)
2x8 (60.5lbs)

Just used good form and really squeezed my lats.

DB Curls on station
3x10 (22lbs)

Kept it light as i didnt wanna strain my arm again. By 'on station' i mean leant over this pad so that theyre is no elbow/shoulder movement involved.

BB Curls
3x10 (44lbs)

Cardio
3/4 run

Shins still hurt a bit, i still need to get some new shoes so didnt go far. Was ok session, i can see myself looking bigger lately. I think its the consistant high protein intake every day ;)

Im the same with DL's, im going to keep lower weight as my back keeps hurting. Think i need to focus a bit more on form. I stopped as soon as it hurt yesterday so didnt do many DL's.

Workout Included: Back/Biceps

Wide Grip Chinups

Neutral Grip Pullups

Pullups/chinups are feeling much better.

DeadLifts
1x10 (132lbs)
1x7 (220lbs)
1x5 (220lbs)

Yea ok wasnt much, i stopped soon as my back hurt. I just wanted to at least do something though and i concentrated on form.

Pulldowns
1x10 (level 16) 7 on my own
1x10 (level 15) 6 on my own
1x10 (level 13) 7 on my own

DB BOR's
1x8 (66lbs)
2x8 (60.5lbs)

Just used good form and really squeezed my lats.

DB Curls on station
3x10 (22lbs)

Kept it light as i didnt wanna strain my arm again. By 'on station' i mean leant over this pad so that theyre is no elbow/shoulder movement involved.

BB Curls
3x10 (44lbs)

Cardio
3/4 run

Shins still hurt a bit, i still need to get some new shoes so didnt go far. Was ok session, i can see myself looking bigger lately. I think its the consistant high protein intake every day ;)

Well done. How much progress have you made on chinups/pullups in the last couple months? Just wondering.

Yeah, I'm definitely working on my form in DLs, and actually getting more volume in. I crunched the numbers (yes I'm a dork) and total weight lifted doing the 4 x 8 was like 9,460 lbs, total weight lifted doing the old 5 x 5 was 6,000 or so...so more volume with higher reps might do me good for awhile.

Yea the extra volume could do you some good for a while.

Tonight ill be doing primarly shoulders/triceps, im going for the 55lbs DB OH press, so 110lbs altogether which will be the most yet. 110lbs with a BB i can rep, but with DB's its a different matter. Ill post how i get on with it ;)

Yea the extra volume could do you some good for a while.

Tonight ill be doing primarly shoulders/triceps, im going for the 55lbs DB OH press, so 110lbs altogether which will be the most yet. 110lbs with a BB i can rep, but with DB's its a different matter. Ill post how i get on with it ;)

Sweet, good luck with it man. You are so right about that though, DBs are a totally different animal that BBs.

Today was one of those weak sessions, just felt really tired. Oh and before i meant to say im trying 121lbs today (60.5lb) DB's not the 55's.

Session Included: Shoulders/abs

Seated OH DB Press
1x8 (132lbs) - 3 on my own although my spotter didnt have to do much work upto about 6.
1x10 (110lbs) - 6 on my own
1x10 (88lbs) - 8 on my own

Just felt too tired. I had to try the 66lb DB's as the 60.5lb ones were taken. Only got 3 reps so dont think im ready for them yet.

Machine Seated OH Press
3x10 (88lbs)

Standing DB Arm Raises
1x8 (20lbs)
1x8 (15lbs)
1x8 (12lbs)

Was just too weak lol.

Shrugs
2x10 (198lbs)
1x10 (110lbs) - really squeezed them traps here

Situps
The usual

Cardio
Just did 10 mins on the cross trainer, first time on this, enjoyed it :D

Workout was a bit sh1tty, but it happens sometimes. Thats 4 times iv been this week, and i think im going tomorrow aswell to do a FBW. Only got 12 days left before my holiday/vacation so i wanna get as many sessions in before then :D

Saturday was our 5th session of the week so we did a bit of random.

Wide Grip Chinups
2x4 (1 on my own)

Neutral Grip Pullups
2x5 (1 or 2 on my own)

Incline BB Press
1x10 (132lbs)
1x10 (143lbs) - 7 on my own
1x10 (132lbs) - 6 on my own

My right arm started hurting again after this.

Dips
did 1 set of 10 and i had to stop my arm was hurting again.

OH Tricep Extensions
3x12

These were on the cables using the rope.

Situps
The usual sh1t.

Cardio
5 minutes on exercise bike. Also finished off with a quick kick about with the football (soccer).

Would of liked to of done more that workout but my arm was killing. Now though iv got a few days to rest it so i know it will be fine.

just because i`ve not posted does`nt mean i`ve not been reading.......but i had to post when Big T started doing cardio............................................................good on yer man:D

Yesterday was a day off lifting, i went for a mile steady run, followed by 5 sprints. Sprint was roughly 20m flat, 20m uphill. My lower back started f**king killing me i dont know why. It hurt enough just doing the run, but it was sooo bad after the sprinting it was hard walking. Its hurting a bit today, wonder why though....

Bank holiday today, so gym is shut so if my back feels ok might go for a run.

Okay, update. Lump in my ass has gotten worse, hurts so bad I can't sit or lay down. Hurts so bad I'm sweating at work and feeling like I'm going to throw up. Hmm, might be time to see a doc. Some people told me it sounds like a Pelonidal Cyst (?) which is basically a really really bad ingrown hair or something. I am half German with a hairy ass, so who knows. All I know is it's getting worse, and life sucks right now.

Yesterday was a day off lifting, i went for a mile steady run, followed by 5 sprints. Sprint was roughly 20m flat, 20m uphill. My lower back started f**king killing me i dont know why. It hurt enough just doing the run, but it was sooo bad after the sprinting it was hard walking. Its hurting a bit today, wonder why though....

Bank holiday today, so gym is shut so if my back feels ok might go for a run.

Damn, more back pain? I'm sorry to hear that, friend. We are both not well it seems.

I called my doc and the old prick is outta town for 2 weeks! And conveniently, the on-call doc number they gave me has been busy all morning. This is horrible.

I wish I could workout, anything to take my mind away, but I think if I squatted right now, I would seriously pass out. Holy crapppppp

Well I went to a doc, and it was what I thought it to be. A nasty ass cyst in my buttcrack that hurts like hell. He gave me an antibiotic shot and more antibiotic pills to take to hopefully help fight it. Also gave me some Vicodins, haha. Sadly though, woke up today and it's the same if not worse. I will have to get cut open if it doesn't go away on its own.

Sounds bad man, hoping the best for ya lad ;)

BTW is it just be or has this site been down today?

How did the Alpha male sheep treat you last night?

Back