Gastric Balloon - My Journey is about to begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks so much, that makes me feel better. I've been kind of freaking out the last couple of days, especially reading posts by people where the weight seems to be falling off them and they can't manage even the smallest meal. I just love this forum, I would certainly feel very alone without all of you!

if anything i feel a bit better now knowing that there is someone else feeling close to normal cos for a long time i was feeling very lonesome considering the loss some people had now i can relate to u and we can help each other :willy_nilly:

Thanks so much, that makes me feel better. I've been kind of freaking out the last couple of days, especially reading posts by people where the weight seems to be falling off them and they can't manage even the smallest meal. I just love this forum, I would certainly feel very alone without all of you!

Well I am now 10 weeks in and have lost 2 stone 9lb my losses have stalled this week and last but I think as others have said you have to look at the overall scheme of things , if your not gaining thats a good thing. I guess probably like most of you allm 10 weeks without a gain is unheard of for me!!!

I am also finding myself hungrier this last couple of weeks and if Im honest the snacking in between meals have increased but its still not masses, I am finding that I have a day where I feel hungry followed by one where I;m not I think the phrase is swings and roundabouts.

I think the next step for me is excercise now Im lighter I am starting water workout to tone and gentle jogging for cardio.

Keep at it girls your all fab

Amyx

water works

Hi everyone!

I have noticed a pattern with the amount that I eat. When my fluid in take is virtually nil I can eat a lot more (alarmingly) and If I attempt to drink the prescribed amounts of water, when I eat I feel fuller and have less of an appetite. Writing this now it seems an obvious effect but it always works this way for me.

Has anyone experienced this...

Hi everyone!

I have noticed a pattern with the amount that I eat. When my fluid in take is virtually nil I can eat a lot more (alarmingly) and If I attempt to drink the prescribed amounts of water, when I eat I feel fuller and have less of an appetite. Writing this now it seems an obvious effect but it always works this way for me.

Has anyone experienced this...

I have noticed the same thing, I have a lot less hunger and get full more quickly if I'm drinking a lot of water. Also, I have been told to avoid "fizzy drinks", but I had a pop the other day and I could hardly drink any at all before I felt quite full. So if I'm really hungry and don't want to eat much, I'll have a diet coke and a few sips will fill me right up.

D day

Well it's 2pm in the UK and I can only eat solids until 6pm tonight then it's a few hours sleep up at the crack of dawn and on a flight at 5.45am to Prague! So nervous and now wondering what the heck I have done! I hope it will all be worth it.

I haven't told anyone and I am going on my own, I just hope I am well enough to fly back on my own and get back from the airport without being ill. I have a week off work and hope that is enough. No doubt I will be on this forum next week telling you all about how bad I feel but trying to stay positive.

I have packed some herbal teas and Iam just about to pop to the shop and buy some juice and soup for when I get home.

Well goobye... wish me luck... GULP! :waving:

I have noticed the same thing, I have a lot less hunger and get full more quickly if I'm drinking a lot of water. Also, I have been told to avoid "fizzy drinks", but I had a pop the other day and I could hardly drink any at all before I felt quite full. So if I'm really hungry and don't want to eat much, I'll have a diet coke and a few sips will fill me right up.

they tell us not to drink fizzy drinks cos of the painful trapped wind and sometimes it is like ur stomach is literally expanding in front of you- i would have the occasional diet coke when i need a sweet treat and i drink lite cider on nights out which is carbonated and they both make me feel gassy and slightly uncomfortable but full which is a positive thing cos as i am sure all of u a few months in like me realise that we are still quite capable of eating what we want when we want regardless of the balloon so it helps keep us in line and on track :cheers2:

One Month Down!

For the first three weeks, I lost 6 pounds, then 3.6, then 3.4. Not much of a loss to report for this week. Only 0.6 pounds. :banghead: Truthfully I'm disappointed, but realistically when I look back at my week I should be satisfied with that. This is the time of year we have a lot of banquets and parties at my work, and normally I would gain weight at a time like this, so to show a loss, however small, is wonderful. However, I know I should have done better. I didn't limit myself at some of the parties, and I didn't get any exercise.

One more big party on Friday, and I need to make sure I'm filling up 3/4 of my plate with salad, then 1/8 veggies or fruit, and the remaining 1/8 can be other stuff. And no seconds! I also need to get some type of exercise on a daily basis. It doesn't always have to be super-intense or fit into the endurance category, as long as I'm doing something. Move that body. :jump:

Next week I'll be out of town, but I'm not worried as I have made a meal plan for every single meal and snack, and have added up the calories each day. I'll pre-shop for all my food, and even pre-portion it before I leave. There's only one meal I haven't planned, the final day which is a celebratory banquet, but I think I can leave one meal up in the air for the week. And I've made plans to exercise every day for the week I'm away, so that last meal can be a celebration for me too if I stick to my food and exercise plan.

So for this first month, I have lost a total of 13.6 pounds. I was really hoping for 15, but hey, that's the most weight I've lost in a month for a really long time, possibly ever. So I'm staying positive and committed. The first week wasn't too terrible with nausea or acid reflux, really. I hardly used any of the painkillers I was prescribed. I did use many acid reducers, and still need some from time to time, but I've graduated to Tums as opposed to the prescription ones. I still have a lot of that prescription left over as well, in case I need it in the future.

I won't be able to do a week 5 weigh-in, as I'll be away and I won't have a scale! Hopefully my week 6 weigh-in will be good news. Like I said, I'm staying positive and committed. My husband has noticed a huge change in my attitude towards food, most notably I'm not snacking like I used to. The old me would always be shoving something in my face during the evenings. I'm just not interested in doing that anymore. Whether it's the actual gastric balloon, or simply making the commitment (and spending the $$$), it doesn't matter, as it's working! ;)

new to this!

I have read your diary with great interest. I am thinking of having a balloon in about 4 weeks. My main concern is energy levels. Did you find your energy fell away because of lack of food? Would really appreciate a reply :drool5::seeya:

Well I am now 10 weeks in and have lost 2 stone 9lb my losses have stalled this week and last but I think as others have said you have to look at the overall scheme of things , if your not gaining thats a good thing. I guess probably like most of you allm 10 weeks without a gain is unheard of for me!!!

I am also finding myself hungrier this last couple of weeks and if Im honest the snacking in between meals have increased but its still not masses, I am finding that I have a day where I feel hungry followed by one where I;m not I think the phrase is swings and roundabouts.

I think the next step for me is excercise now Im lighter I am starting water workout to tone and gentle jogging for cardio.

Amyx

Yes finally back on track

Now that I can actually feel the ballooon again and I can only eat reduced portions i have lost 2 pounds this week and it has been an amazing psyhcological boost-this week was horrific and i deserve this loss because i was eating fairly normal pre balloon portions and all of a sudden it was like the balloon woke up and helped fill me to grossly uncomfortable proportions so I can honsestly say i was punished for my over indulgence lol but now I am so happy to lose something after about 6 weeks no way am i going to be cheating again its back on the wagon for me cos if I can lose 2 pounds a week and still feel like I was not denied anything then woohoo:hurray:

Now that I can actually feel the ballooon again and I can only eat reduced portions i have lost 2 pounds this week and it has been an amazing psyhcological boost-this week was horrific and i deserve this loss because i was eating fairly normal pre balloon portions and all of a sudden it was like the balloon woke up and helped fill me to grossly uncomfortable proportions so I can honsestly say i was punished for my over indulgence lol but now I am so happy to lose something after about 6 weeks no way am i going to be cheating again its back on the wagon for me cos if I can lose 2 pounds a week and still feel like I was not denied anything then woohoo:hurray:

WAY TO GO!!! That's inspiring for me, thanks. I've been on holiday for 7 days and am honestly scared to step on the scale. I definitely ate less than in the past when away from home, but more than I have been doing since the balloon. I'm sure I won't have lost any weight, hopefully I haven't gained any but I'm not confident about that.

So it's back to it again, am going to be vigilant this week and really try to get back on track. I did get some exercise while away, but I am hoping to step that up even further now. I'm surprised at how much I can eat with the balloon when I want to. I need to listen to the signals very carefully.

Amyx

Hi Amy, how have you been in the last month or so? I'm at the 3 stone mark now (woo hoo!), I'd love to lose another stone and a half but the weight loss has slowed down in the last few weeks so I'm not so sure if I can do it. The clinic keep telling me to 'stick with the programme and i will lose more.... can't see how i can do much more, i am cycling about 5 miles a day and still keeping portion sizes down and following dietary advice..............

:driving:
WAY TO GO!!! That's inspiring for me, thanks. I've been on holiday for 7 days and am honestly scared to step on the scale. I definitely ate less than in the past when away from home, but more than I have been doing since the balloon. I'm sure I won't have lost any weight, hopefully I haven't gained any but I'm not confident about that.

So it's back to it again, am going to be vigilant this week and really try to get back on track. I did get some exercise while away, but I am hoping to step that up even further now. I'm surprised at how much I can eat with the balloon when I want to. I need to listen to the signals very carefully.[/QU

thats what i am finding too if u keep eating and eating u can overindulge and feel so crap physically and emotionally u really do have to try and stop urself when u have had enough- i do find that i can no longer eat as much as before i had the balloon and as the months go on the importance of food in my life has gone down- i eat for need now more than want and i no longer put a huge emphasis on food as part of a day or night out.

you should be fine after ur hols due to reduced portions i find i have not gained at all when i over do it just remain static which feels as bad sometimes- so stick with it and think positive

Yay - 2.8 pounds down in the past two weeks! I was so nervous to step on the scale as I've been out of town, and I jumped for joy to see the needle down (not up as I was half expecting!). Just goes to show that if I watch my portions and get some exercise, I'll still lose a bit. Not as much as when I'm super-vigilant, but as long as that needle keeps going down I'm happy. Home for a week then out of town again for a visit with some friends down south.:waving:

Yay - 2.8 pounds down in the past two weeks! I was so nervous to step on the scale as I've been out of town, and I jumped for joy to see the needle down (not up as I was half expecting!). Just goes to show that if I watch my portions and get some exercise, I'll still lose a bit. Not as much as when I'm super-vigilant, but as long as that needle keeps going down I'm happy. Home for a week then out of town again for a visit with some friends down south.:waving:

excellent well done i think any loss even if ur used to more it keeps u on track where as a gain or static weigh in can bring u down a bit, feeling confident of a 1-2lb loss this week as i am still suffering with my stomach i really need help with horrific smelling burps and vomiting after apparently heavy meals i have now made a list of foods i eat after i get sick and lets just say there is not much leftg on the safe list :ack2:

enjoy ur break away with friends and relax it obviously suits u lol:waving:

Amy Update

Well...14 weeks in and I have lost a total of 3 stone 5 lb its remarkable I am now getting into size 10 tops and 12 bottoms something I never thought I would be able to do.

I still have bad days wher nothing stays down and then good days where I can manage three small portions a day, I have also become accustomed to going out with friends without having a drink or 5!!!!

Hope your all doing well hope to see your updates soon xxxxx

Hi ! How did you get on? Am due one this month

Hi how did yo uget on? Am due one this month? :seeya:

:seeya::seeya::seeya:
Well it's 2pm in the UK and I can only eat solids until 6pm tonight then it's a few hours sleep up at the crack of dawn and on a flight at 5.45am to Prague! So nervous and now wondering what the heck I have done! I hope it will all be worth it.

I haven't told anyone and I am going on my own, I just hope I am well enough to fly back on my own and get back from the airport without being ill. I have a week off work and hope that is enough. No doubt I will be on this forum next week telling you all about how bad I feel but trying to stay positive.

I have packed some herbal teas and Iam just about to pop to the shop and buy some juice and soup for when I get home.

Well goobye... wish me luck... GULP! :waving:

Hi!

How is it going? Are you still pleased you did it? Am due one at the end of this month and am nervous:seeya::seeya:

Amyx

Nan

Hi blondie, if you see the other thread with the most replies I have some details of how I am getting on there rather than repeat again on here.

I am struggling at the moment but don't want to put you off as everyone is different.

Good luck, where are you having it done?

Hi from blondie

Wow! that is an amazing weight loss

However it scares me that you still have days when you are being sick - how does that affect yoru work? I teach and cannot imagine having to leave the classroom to be sick all the time!

Also how are your energy levels?

Would love to know:: the answers to these questions

Thank you :Angel_anim:

Blondie

Hi,

I usually know my bad days as soon as I wake up. If I get out of bed and can feel a lump in my throat and a discomfort in my back I know I am going to have a bad day of acid. It doesnt seem to matter what I eat/ drink don't eat/ drink or how many tablets I take I just can't shift the 'lump'. I usually know I'm going to be sick and sit in the disabled loo at work until I am. After that I feel much better and can eat something.

It's usually only water which comes up as the days I feel bad I cannot even make myself eat a spoonful of yogurt.

I do feel very tired and have not attempted any exercise since I had the procedure. I am sleeping much more and falling asleep on the sofa at the weekends. At lunchtime I used to meet friends for a drink or go shopping (I work in London) but now I either sit at my desk or go into our lounge area and have a little nod in the comfy chairs. I find it difficult at work if people bring hot smelly food and eat it at their desk as that also makes me feel sick.

Not everyone is the same so hopefully you may not experience these symptons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back