Frühman's diary

Though I wonder whether I sometimes have hard times with avoiding binging because I'm losing weight too fast, my body trying to get me to binge harder than it would with a slower pace. But maybe it wouldn't make a difference and so better fast and short instead of slow and long.
Don't know, that was not the case for me. I seemed to have more problems with binge urges as I increased calories, but we are all different.

I believe I lost my weight too fast, I think I lost muscle mass and screwed with my metabolism. So if I had it to do over again I would like to think that 'd be a bit more moderate, but sure don't plan on having the change to do that!

I'll think about it, thanks @alligatorob

The day worked well, food wise. My alternative salad does its job not so well by me getting hungry again soon, but it at least quelled it a bit. I'm gonna try to spread out my calories more to not get too hungry in the evening to avoid binging more thoroughly. Also gonna see whether I can replace the wrap and meat to eat something that fills more without that many calories.

Day 14:
  • Breakfast:
    • shake 400 kcal
  • Lunch:
    • wrap 800 kcal
    • meat 400 kcal
  • Dinner:
    • salad 180 kcal
Total: 1780 kcal

If you can find a relatively low-cal tortilla/flatbread at the grocery store you could make your own wraps with luncheon meats, veggies (lettuce, tomato, peppers, shredded cabbage or carrots, pickles...), and low-cal sauces like mustard or sriracha.

If you can find a relatively low-cal tortilla/flatbread at the grocery store you could make your own wraps with luncheon meats, veggies (lettuce, tomato, peppers, shredded cabbage or carrots, pickles...), and low-cal sauces like mustard or sriracha.

Thank you, will try that sometime.

Today was a good day, food wise. With being home for some time I took advantage of the additional food available. To me it seems easy to eat less after cutting for some time. Before that, coming home would be an eating fest where I eat everything tasty available. Now I got the idea to think about what I actually want and only eat a bite to be able to taste everything good I find to fulfill my cravings.

Day 15:
  • Breakfast:
    • shake 500 kcal
  • Lunch:
    • eggs 100 kcal
    • meat 200 kcal
    • almonds 200 kcal
    • milk 125 kcal
  • Dinner:
    • yogurt 120 kcal
    • strawberries 100 kcal
    • bread 100 kcal
Total: 1445 kcal

Sounds great! Healthy and sustainable.

I plan on doing that once a couple days passed, my arm still hurts from my first shot. I think part of the reason that I avoided eating such things was that once I bought stuff, it was over in a matter of 1-2 days max, no matter how much I bought.

At my parents it is easier to manage the temptation. Where I currently live, maybe not so much. This is also why I mostly prefer shakes, having nothing else around. I seem to never have learnt to control myself or my feelings overwhelm me, I do not know. Maybe my rational mind wins though, will see :D

The day went well, food wise. No binging and salad instead of more. I'm trying to eat a little more so my hurting arm gets better sooner. I do not know whether that is a good idea, but as long as I don't go overboard it should be fine. So 1700-1800 for the next couple days.

Day 17:
  • Breakfast:
    • meat 300 kcal
    • mango 200 kcal
  • Lunch:
    • fish 300 kcal
  • Dinner:
    • wrap 800 kcal
    • salad 180 kcal
Total: 1780 kcal

It looks like a very good day. Hope your arm heals quickly.

Thank you Cate. I heard it is usual to have this after a vaccine shot so I'm confident it goes away soon, however that faster the better because I don't like it. :)

I literally couldn't lift my arm for three days after my first shot and it hurt for another three. But I just got the second on Saturday and I don't feel anything. Reducing your deficit a bit while your body is processing sounds sensible.

I usually have quite a sore arm for about 3 days after a flu vax, but only did for a day after my 1st AZ covid vax. I didn't even feel the jab when I got it. I'm hoping the 2nd one, still not due for another month, is the same. Fingers crossed. This year's flu jab this Saturday :( I am really grateful to get these jabs though as I'm sure you are too.

After my grandmas' funeral I'm back again. I decided that I halt my weight loss plan until after due to the vaccine and the funeral because I felt my body needed the energy to be effective in anti-body generation, but others said I may be wrong but that doesn't matter because I believed it. Anyway this is day 23 and I start counting from now and will start weighting on day 28 trying to avoid big jumps due to slag.

I learnt from this episode that I don't necessarily feel better by eating more. I felt rather quite full and and not so well at times. I found that I can eat a lot despite that, ignoring the feeling of fullness is easy. And some food does not make really full so theres that too. Anyway the future focus will not be on feeling good, but much rather on replenishment.

Feels good to be back on track again.

Eating close to maintenance when life is rough is probably healthy no matter what the cause of the roughness is. Going way over or way under further stresses the system.

Eating close to maintenance when life is rough is probably healthy no matter what the cause of the roughness is. Going way over or way under further stresses the system.

Possibly. Another issue may be the lack of nerve to deal with the stress at the time, I do not know.

The day seemed to be needlessly hard, what made me buy a salad to hinder more binging. But even that did not help much. Maybe it was harder due to the drop in calories after a week of non-cutting or due to something else, it is unclear.

Day 24:
  • Breakfast:
    • shake 500 kcal
  • Lunch:
    • wrap 700 kcal
    • meat 400 kcal
  • Dinner:
    • salad 250 kcal
Total: 1850 kcal

Agreed LaMaria :)

The day went well, haven't had as much cravings as before despite eating less. I think I got acclimated to the diet again.

Day 25:
  • Breakfast:
    • shake 500 kcal
  • Lunch:
    • wrap 800 kcal
    • meat 300 kcal
  • Dinner:
    • -
Total: 1600 kcal

Back